ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

World cup predictions

MonsterHunterMaster

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ranting in my country about that we'll win that cup drives me of soccer. (I'm not that kind of guy)

My only hope is that all in all it will be a peaceful world championship and not like the Olympic summer games of 1972.

So I say that best will win. (regardless of country)

I think that is the likely scenario, Ancient Aeon. I do not think that my country's team ,that is England, have a chance, despite the fact of the ranting that we too have from our press. I an pretty hacked off that it is going to clash with the Wimbledon tennis championship, which I DO like to watch.

http://www.ztilbruch.de/SMILIES/Cheerleader.gif Hup Holland Hup! http://www.ztilbruch.de/SMILIES/Cheerleader.gif

~ Holland Wint De Wereldcup! ~

http://www.abload.de/img/anne9hol.gif We speak Afrikaans

Ahem, it's Germany people ... G E R M A N Y ... read it and weep ... I have watched most of the matches so far and have a few comments;

1) Ronaldo is on his way out, the guy can't make plays anymore, he's an "oupa" ... Portugal (one of my favorites) had me running for my whiskey (to calm down) after their ".........." show against the Ivory Coast, c'mon it's the friggin Ivory coast

and what was the bottom line ? Portugal 0 - Ivory Coast 0.

2) Holland is seriously going to clog clog clog over many a foolish team and hang them out on the windmills to dry ... their players are older and way more experienced than most ... "julle mense is in die bruin goed" says me.

3) England, can take it (really they can) but they need to get ther s**t together ... please don't rely on Rooney exclusively ... and play for the glory of the nation and not as an individual.

4) USA, mmmm - as a typical warning sign here in South Africa reads "danger, gevaar, ingozi" (Eng. Afri. Zulu).

5) Watch out for South Korea, Brazil and Spain ... big red danger sign.

6) Argentina, hehehe, it was so amusing to watch little Maradonna running around as the coach and shouting the odds, he's so cute ... I just wanted to hug him ... anyway, let's hope his guys pull their socks up a bit more because

they are a serious threat no matter what.

No really, I wanted to tug on his little furry cheeks and rub noses ... lmao, ok that was ugly, sorry ...

7) South Africa, uh well, sheesh only heaven knows ... but they surprisingly did quite alright and I must admit I did feel quite proud of them ... today they play Uruguay the same guys that held France to a 0 - 0 draw ... "ons kan bid ne' ?"

But I'm rooting for GERMANY, they are such killers on the field ... besides I can count in German hahahaha bet you didn't know that did you, mmmm yes and I can swear in German too, how about that one, all compliments of an ex-boyfriend

by the name of Thorsten ... what a manly name lol, and well that's where i'm gonna stop cause I've spoken enough crud for one day.

No offense was intended with any of my comments so if you feel a bit "woes", chill cause I'm sorry already.

All compliments to my brother who has "taught me" soccer as he puts it.

I renamed the title of this post because I refuse for the most popular sport in the world to be renamed just because American's can't tell the difference between a foot and a hand! It's football, not soccer.

Rant over.

I've seen almost every game so far and the only team that has shown any sort of winning mentality is Germany, which is typical of these tournaments. On paper the German team never looks as strong as the likes of Spain, Brazil, England and Holland but they simply have a brilliant tournament mentality. Pretty much polar opposites of England who have a great team sheet but a terrible tournament mentality because of the media hype.

Having said that Germany were playing Australia....hardly a footballing challenge. But a lot can be said for their ability to score freely in the easy games as England seem to like to make their fans wait until the 80th minute to scrape by on a 1-0 win against even the easiest of opponents.

Brazil looked sheepish.

Portugal were dull.

England were England.

Italy are too old.

Holland looked mediocre without Robben.

Looking forward to seeing the Spain highlights as they're always a great team to watch.

I renamed the title of this post because I refuse for the most popular sport in the world to be renamed just because American's can't tell the difference between a foot and a hand! It's football, not soccer.

So in American Football we don't kick the ball? In our slang we don't go saying "How about that American Football game last night". No we go "How about that Football game last night",and I'm sure that's how you talk about that game of Football you watched last night too since usually when we bring something like that up we are usually chatting with someone from the same country, Like if were talking about 'soccer' we would call by a different name like if you were talking about a game of American Football.

Now that done taking an obvious sarcastic/joking remark.

As an American I don't watch much,or even oddly sports at all least of all soccer. Although recent news programs have poked my curiosity enough to go watch some of the sport and being alien to the sport I have to say I rather enjoyed it. I really liked the German v. Australia one a lot,maybe I just liked seeing Germany being awesome. I'm going to be rooting for them.but for the U.S. as well seeing they did put a fight against England.

It´s gonna be DENMARK of cause. We have once been European Champs, we beat Germany back then. We can be strong again and go for the VM title.

Though I must admit that our start wasn´t very convincing, lol