World cup predictions

MonsterHunterMaster

Wherefore art thou O England ? or in Afrikaans, "waar die donder is julle mense" ? - a direct google translation does this no justice.

Tthough I'm no Man Utd supporter, I do like Rooney but as I thought would happen too much was expected from him.

Gerrard was great and deserves praise and so does Heskey, c'mon England you can do so much better ... I'm holding thumbs.

Having said that, Algeria was a revelation, who would have guessed.

It's growing more apparent that no team no matter who they are (including my beloved Germany) can afford to sit on their laurels, it's eat or be eaten and everyone it

seems is ravenous.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not surprised at England's woeful performance ( I went off and played FO3 to hide my embarrassment), I think they seem to have no stomach for the big match occasions. They certainly won't win with a showing like that.

I think noone in England was really surprised by how bad we were. We've gotten used to it over the past 10 years as the same players continue to underperform at international level and different managers continue to play players that are proven to not work well together. I think everyone who likes football in England has known since 2002 that Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard cannot play together for England. They both underperform when both are on the pitch. Not only this, but playing Steven Gerrard on the LEFT of midfield, way out of position, just so we can have them both in the team is just dumb. Same with playing Milner on the left. They're both right footed and used to playing in the centre...why would you play them on the left?

Sven-syndrome .... we bring a good left midfielder in Joe Cole and don't play him. Instead choosing to put players out of position. Hell, Gareth Barry has plenty of experience playing left back and left midfield...if we really have to play him why isn't he on the left?

England may be bad. But atleast we're not France!

I don't understand much of the football stuff, American or otherwise (Even though I'm in marching band...), I'm just hoping the vuvuzelas become a regular addition to games.

Does Canada have a football team? If they do, I'm rooting for them. Or Liechtenstein.

I'm still hoping that Scotland or Ireland manage it to come to the next World championship. (ok, ok, some fantasies have to spoke out loud.)

As far As I know the rules england has chances to get on. (this group is still interesting, everybody could advance.)

I don't understand much of the football stuff, American or otherwise (Even though I'm in marching band...), I'm just hoping the vuvuzelas become a regular addition to games.

Does Canada have a football team? If they do, I'm rooting for them. Or Liechtenstein.

Ha, try going to sleep at night and half the neighbourhood decides it's party time ... burn the vuvuzela.

A distant family member came from Boston yesterday and apparently the vuvuzela's are taking off in the States ... so your wish might just come true.

Who knows maybe they'll show up at your baesball and football matches soonner than you think.

Canada does have a soccer team ... it's currently ranked at N0. 63 out of 202 and Liechtenstein is ranked No. 149 out 202.

Ha, try going to sleep at night and half the neighborhood decides it's party time ... burn the vuvuzela.

Had this 4 years before you and my neighbors drunk till about 2:00 to 3:00 in the morning outside, every 2nd day, only 8 meters from my bed. Guess what happens if you must go to work 4 hours later? In their drinking match there where so loud that nothing helped that I've tried. I hope you can find sleep.

I hope that we'll be seeing much more goals. This championship has a lack of goals compared to the last one. (i stand to it what Ive stated before here my the best win but I want more beautiful played goals. 

Ha, try going to sleep at night and half the neighborhood decides it's party time ... burn the vuvuzela.

Had this 4 years before you and my neighbors drunk till about 2:00 to 3:00 in the morning outside, every 2nd day, only 8 meters from my bed. Guess what happens if you must go to work 4 hours later? In their drinking match there where so loud that nothing helped that I've tried. I hope you can find sleep.

I hope that we'll be seeing much more goals. This championship has a lack of goals compared to the last one. (i stand to it what Ive stated before here my the best win but I want more beautiful played goals. 

There's only one successful way to combat noise (other than moving), a couple of neat whiskeys ... head on the pillow, and it's dreamland ...

I'm so embarressed everytime I make a comment here - as I'm such a noob when it comes to soccer - but what I lack in knowledge I try to make up for in opinion (lol).

But I must agree, I'd love to see those power-shot goals they take from a distance or some really fancy dribbling of the ball and "kapow" a goal.

And hopefully there will be more of them too ...

There's only one successful way to combat noise (other than moving), a couple of neat whiskeys ... head on the pillow, and it's dreamland ...

I'm so embarressed everytime I make a comment here - as I'm such a noob when it comes to soccer - but what I lack in knowledge I try to make up for in opinion (lol).

Hypothetical: What if someone with a former alcohol dependence and former tablets abuse would be in that situation?

I encourage you to keep on because your way of posting seams to has some heartily touch in it. That makes up the lack knowledge in my opinion. It's like a fresh wind in here.

I watch soccer because I want to see good game moves and well shot goals. It doesn't matter much to me who wins but the how is much more important to me. I know I should support my country but I say they can make it, till after group matches and then the can go home. (It's my personal opinion.)