World cup predictions

MonsterHunterMaster

Why they can't have the video ref fourth official like in rugby union I don't know...well I do actually, Herr Blatter says It's too expensive....ROFL. I am sure we will be having a whip round at work tomorrow for a Specsavers voucher for the referee, anyway...

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was deserved indeed, but if you look to the 3rd goal, England only had 1 man defending from an England free-kick. If the score was 2-2 there was no way that would have happened. While I decline to say we would have drawn or won it as Germany did look the slightly better side, there's no telling what difference that goal would have made.

Every single club and country in the world wants goal-line technology. Pretty much every major sport in the world from Tennis to American Football has it yet the OAP idiots at FIFA and UEFA refuse to even consider it. Why? God knows.

So it is with a curse - you'll never know whose turn it is next :wink:

Well, the English have now 44 years time to re-babble the German what-if woes.

Myth will tell us later that England would have been the clearly better team, but that goes without saying in football.... *lol*

Anyway! Holland Wint De Wereldcup! :laugh:

http://www.abload.de/img/anne9hol.gif

Yes, but that will be the next-to-last time you'll see them, I guess... Amazon is calling :laugh:

Hup! Holland! Hup!

http://www.abload.de/img/anne9hol.gif

I for my part certainly do not think England were the better team, merely that if they'd gone 2-2 as they should have, England would have had more edge. But the general consensus of the TV pundits is that they were a bunch of jessies, basically, and deserved to lose. My Dad's remarks were rather less repeatable...

Yes, and different from the 60s the European countries have more or less closed ranks. The old identification friend or foe, founded in the WWs is already obsolete today (or should be). So, whatever European team might reach the final, we here will wave their flag, you understand?

Considering the English were robbed of a clear-cut goal at a very important turning point I'm surprised the fans and players didn't make more of a fuss.

I agree.

...ending in provocations?

If so, Pollsmoor Prison in the Cape Town suburb of Tokai would have welcomed them with open arms...

South Africa is still a somewhat nervous country, esp. the police is nervous in the service. Don't give it a try.

For my part, I'm satisfied with the acceptable quality of the match and the peaceful ending.

England were terrible, we were lucky not to be four down by half time. Maybe it's time to put this lot out to pasture and bring in a few younger players, they can't possibly be worse than the overrated dross on show yesterday.