Toplessness

SillyKristy

One of the things I find to be lacking in this game, due largely to the outfit-style body mesh, is topless clothes. I've taken a look around the site and found very few; only one for females and maybe a handful for males. I also tried playing around in Nifskope to see what I could do on my own, without any luck, and such a project in Blender is completely beyond me.

I use the Type V female body mod, so I'm mainly interested in Type 3 & Type V based items, with a preference for Type V. I don't use a male body mod aside from one that removes the shirt from the stock male body mesh, so I really have no preference as far as male versions of topless outfits. Also, for me there's a difference between a see-through top (such as a mesh) and no top at all.

With some outfits, merely flagging pieces as "hidden" in Nifskope will do. This only works if there is body mesh underneath the piece, otherwise you get a blank spot resulting in a hole in your character or whoever else wears that outfit. A way around this is to use GECK to change the body slot the outfit goes into. Changing it to one of the Body Addon slots for example will cause the body to be rendered underneath the clothes, so you can flag away in Nifskope all you want.

Now you know how to roll your own. :)

I actually had some success altering one nif in nifskope (the Type V Sexy Nurse mesh) but that's the only one I've found, and I'd like something more substantial down below :)

Specifically, I selected the block which contained the bra portion of the outfit, right-clicked, and selected Remove. Doing this on some other meshes results in unwanted items being removed, or as you said, the chest isn't complete underneath the armor or clothing.

I'll play around with Hiding things instead but I suspect I'll have similar results as I do with Removing them.

As I said, with meshes that have nothing underneath, th workaround is to change the slot it goes into using GECK.

Although, some meshes it'll just be impossible because the "pieces" aren't actually separate. For many items, both "top" and "bottom" might be just one piece in Nifskope.

I thought you did mention something about the GECK but on re-reading it I missed it. I re-re-read it and saw what I need to do. Thanks again :)

If I knew how to use Blender I'd have more options to work with...

If I knew how to use Blender I'd have more options to work with...

So would I. I have so many clothes I'd mod if I had any skill with Blender. :teehee:

Well...I was able to find 3 meshes that I could break down like that. None worked well. I used two of the Pitt Raider armors - Commando, I think, and no idea what the other one was - and made what I called "Leather Rebel Pants" and "Leather Pants", the second because it looked just like leather armor pants. I also was able to do the Tunnel Snake Outfit to make "Vault Pants".

Leather Rebel Pants was the worst. A floating piece near the shoulderblade, rides WAY low (below the Vault 101 Belt from Tailor Made even) and just generally looked crappy.

Leather Pants had horrible clipping, the heels stuck out and there was clipping in other places as well.

Vault Pants looked good from one angle, while standing still, but otherwise the clipping on these was by far the worst while moving.

So, back I go to the drawing board! :D At least now I have a better handle on how to do it.