!!!aarhhh no new elder scrolls game at e3!!!

captainhalfajob

just because a game developer may take a long time doesn't mean to say that game will be any good, waiting never got anyone anywhere (literally)

This whole episode reminds me of the kotor2 to kotor3 scenario, kotor1 came out then a year later kotor2 was released, and then for years pissed off fans waited impatiently for a resolve to the story of revan and the exile and wota they get? a frikkin cartoon style mmo that you have to pay money every time you want to play, hell - the game developers are acting like its the sequel that everyone wanted (kotor3) but its not, its just a different game.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many years do they want to wait?

Are they waiting for the flippin' PS4?

Four years are enough. It isn't the game that is holding things together for them, it's the fact that they released a CS and let people continue to do the work for them. Mixed Emotions!?!

I am really miffed off about this... Well there will hopefully be another... I'm sure of it... and if there isn't... Ill kill every member of Bethesda...Jk... or am i?

Maybe Bethesda polishes the Gamebryo engine some more so they'd have a graphical "Jump" like they had from morrowind to Oblivion. A TES Game that looks as good as its predecessor? Nah, i want my TES Game to be this uber awesome Graphic thing that looks amazing in Trailers and demos, but plays a bit wonky so i can apply a million mods.

Furthermore, i'd have no one but myself to blame if i scream for a new TES game now and then it comes out unfinished, like the last one did. "Oblivion" has plenty of things that make it pretty apparent that the Game had to be rushed.

How is the Ship we see sailing in the intro supposed to get past Leyawin? Where did the City "Sutch" we saw in concept arts go?

Well, Oblivion is missing some polishing. I'd like TES 5 to be better polished. If they need more time fr that, so be it.

I cannot wait for the next game I literally cried (a little) when there was no news from E3 but I read somewhere that they trademarked the name Skyrim so it might take place there but im hoping its set in Valenwood and you can travel into Hircines realm of oblivion and I would love it if they used the description from "The Infernal City" as inspiration for the design. the god of the hunts realm would be so amazing

Must be hard for you long time oblivion players, I only just recently started playing IV.

I can only run IV at 5-10fps, let alone a whole new polished amazing game. :biggrin:

I am really miffed off about this... Well there will hopefully be another... I'm sure of it... and if there isn't... Ill kill every member of Bethesda...Jk... or am i?
Maybe Bethesda polishes the Gamebryo engine some more so they'd have a graphical "Jump" like they had from morrowind to Oblivion. A TES Game that looks as good as its predecessor? Nah, i want my TES Game to be this uber awesome Graphic thing that looks amazing in Trailers and demos, but plays a bit wonky so i can apply a million mods.Furthermore, i'd have no one but myself to blame if i scream for a new TES game now and then it comes out unfinished, like the last one did. "Oblivion" has plenty of things that make it pretty apparent that the Game had to be rushed.How is the Ship we see sailing in the intro supposed to get past Leyawin? Where did the City "Sutch" we saw in concept arts go?Well, Oblivion is missing some polishing. I'd like TES 5 to be better polished. If they need more time fr that, so be it.

What city? The only city in the concept art is Leyawiin (looking much cooler than it is in game).

http://www.elderscrolls.com/art/obliv_conceptart.htm

In fact, a city named 'Sutch' is not mentioned in any lore, unlike other cities, and is not featured on any maps. The closest thing that exists is Fort Sutch.

You know, it's not like the developers are literally sitting there "waiting" around for their game to be created. They're, no doubt, working their asses off to get the game done and to bring money home. I would love for a new ES game to arrive at my doorstep, but I would also like them to get a 10 out of 10 rating from every critic due to a complete game that won't lack more than Oblivion lacked when it came out. More time SHOULD mean less bugs, more fun.