⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Help Getting ENBoost to Work

Tajjara

Well to me the most important File in the download is _>"readme_en.txt" it IS the actual read-me for an ENB. so i take it you have never read that? Check the Change log ..start near the bottom and read some of the changes from that version you had..217 (from Nexus) and notice a lot has changed. Especially the changes from 250 on UP. it's mostly about ENBboost.

So ya I dump the entire Default ENB into Skyrim. As ENB is an amazing upgrade to the Game.

Did you try the Clean BOOT?

EDIT:

And yes as per above ...System specs helps along with amount of VRAM and System ram.....to give advice on setting "VideoMemorySizeMb=1920" as that is not large enough IE:

VideoMemorySizeMb=10240
;VRAM + RAM - 2048 / max value 10240
For a system with 3 GB VRAM and 16 GB system RAM..(mine)
Edited by camaro_69_327

Computer Specs:

GPU: GeForce GTX 760

CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core Processor

Memory: 8.00 GB RAM (7.97 GB usable)

Driver Version: 344.11

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P AMD AM3+

Can you tell me what parts are wrong in the enblocal? I left everything as default aside from the couple of things S.T.E.P. told me to change. What else do I need?

Also, I really just don't want to use ENB. Personal preference. It IS possible to have the memory thing without an ENB, correct?

I actually only tried the Nexus version when the instructions from S.T.E.P. failed, as they suggested NOT using the Nexus version. I started out by not even touching that and just working from the ENB files and S.T.E.P. instructions. I'll have a look at that readme, but I reeaaaallyy don't want to install an ENB, just the memory boost.

Edited by fragmentedbeauty

You need to try the Clean BOOT. Nothing in the INI files matter till you can actually start the Game.

UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true << IF that is set true.....yes you can have Boost only.

Still need the amount of VRAM your Video card has.

The STEP INI you posted with notes....

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true <<<this gives you Boost only.
UseDefferedRendering=false
IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true
EnableOcclusionCulling=true

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false <<<as PART of Boost this should also be enabled. Set to TRUE
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=64 <<<Raising this to 256, 768 or the MAX of 1024 can help stability
VideoMemorySizeMb= <<<;VRAM + RAM - 2048 / max value 10240
EnableCompression=true <<<IF set "False" can Speed load times as the Memory does not have to be compressed.
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=true <<<this can sometimes get it wrong, best to set an actual value for this ->VideoMemorySizeMb= BUT need the amount of VRAM your video card has.

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false <<<<if SET TRUE amazing Stability improvement but think you need to have ENB running and not just BOOST.
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false <<< if Set True , you can not tell its truly a Full screen game and ALT /TAB now works great. Needs ENB not just BOOST.

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=false <<AS good as Nvidia or Skyrims.
MaxAnisotropy=16
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
EnableVSync=true <<<check you do not also have Vsync enabled in Skyrim's INI But is BEST to use Nvidia's VSync.
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=10.0

[iNPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num / 106
KeyShowFPS=106
//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44
//enter
KeyEditor=13
//f4
KeyFreeVRAM=115

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]
Enable=false
Quality=1
DesiredFPS=20.0

[ANTIALIASING] <<<<<Better then Nvidia and Skyrims , But disabled you don't want ENB.
EnableEdgeAA=false
EnableTemporalAA=false
EnableSubPixelAA=false
EnableTransparencyAA=false

[FIX] <<<<<do you even get all the fixes without ENB running ? I wouldn't give these up....
FixGameBugs=true
FixParallaxBugs=true
FixAliasedTextures=true
IgnoreInventory=true
FixTintGamma=true
RemoveBlur=false
FixSubSurfaceScattering=true
FixSkyReflection=true
FixCursorVisibility=true

To many things ENB gives that are better then Nvidia or Skyrim, but to each their own. Skyrim is amazing with an ENB running.

Edited by camaro_69_327

EnableVSync=true <<<check you do not also have Vsync enabled in Skyrim's INI But is BEST to use Nvidia's VSync.

I've seen this several times. I have VSync enabled in both enblocal and Skyrim.INI and never ever got any problem. I've also never heard why that should be a problem.

Sorry about that. 2GB VRAM.

I followed another S.T.E.P. guide where I set my video card to manage certain things instead of Skyrim. (From this guide here: http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.8#1.D._INI_Tweaks) That being said, I don't even seem to have a vsync entry in my Skyrim.ini or SkyrimPrefs.ini. What should I add?

I know ENB looks great, as I've watched my husband using it. I'm trying to get a balance of performance though, because I have a lot of other stuff running (See my load order). Might give it a try the next time I get a graphics card upgrade.

Gonna give those enblocal edits a try as well as using the enb version one back. I'll post up what happens.

I've seen this several times. I have VSync enabled in both enblocal and Skyrim.INI and never ever got any problem. I've also never heard why that should be a problem.

I had Lag on the Main Menu, Stutters IN game, and when moving mouse slowly it was jerky...Gaming mouse and SLI , Anyone with a New monitor (144Hz) cant use Either Skyrims OR ENB's Vsync cause you cant "Sync" to 144 FPS. Nvidia's Vsync is configurable.

================================================================

Final piece of the puzzle is in..2 GB VRAM...so you can safely set...

VideoMemorySizeMb=8192

VRAM + RAM -2048 <(2GB) your system = 2+8 =10 - 2 = 8 ...so 8 GB or 8192 as the settings wants MB.

Edited by camaro_69_327

Okay:

Running the game with no mods: Can load the game.

Running the game with no mods + ENBoost = Game CTD's after Bethesda logo.

Running the game with mods: Can load the game.

Running the game with mods + ENBoost = CTD's after Bethesda logo.

Seems none of that helped. This is becoming frustrating!