Readius and Left Hand

apaosha

I've had it happen three times now.

When I install the readius first, it works fine... no pipboy, the left arm looks normal.

Every so often though the left hand appears bare, gloveless whatever. But otherwise everything is as it should be. It then stays like this indefinitely, no matter if I re-equip everything.

This can be fixed, but is tedious since it's been happening often lately. I have to unistall then reinstall the Readius, via the ingame menu (hold "B").

It's happened when I had the Coyote Reflex Armour installed. Before, when I removed both this armour and the Readius and reinstalled the Readius... everything worked itself out.

However, I'm also running a custom race of my own design, which switched me to Asian during Tranquility Lane. After which I had the hand problems when I was returned to Vault 112.

This was only fixed by reinstalling.

It's a cosmetic thing, but it's irritating me. On average, the Reflex armour's presence in my game seems to do something to the Readius.

Has anybody else had this problem? Has anybody found a solution?

It emerged that when I removed the Coyote Armour from my inventory and stored it at home, the missing left glove of my other armours returned.

It's weird. The Coyote armour's presence in my inventory is causing the bug. Whatever it does to the left hand it only does when you have it on your person, equipped or not.

• 1 month later...

Have the same problem... but couldn't fix it by reinstalling... even with "setstage" my character gets completely messed up.

My only solution is to skip this quest entirely. :confused:

Bizarrely enough, I've found if you equip the left glove from the Sinblood Venomous Armour while this glitch is in effect.... it fixs it.

At least, when Coyote armour was not in my inventory....

I think what is happening here is a script the author of Coyote included in his mod to ensure that the pipboy glove hand is always replaced by the Coyote glove whenever it is equipped.... when it is unequipped it forces the default: even if that is a bare hand/smaller hand/whatever you're running.

This means that whatever other armour you might have equipped shows a bare left hand if it isn't Coyote.

Which means there are compatibility issues.

• 3 months later...

Have the same problem... but couldn't fix it by reinstalling... even with "setstage" my character gets completely messed up.

My only solution is to skip this quest entirely. :confused:

Bizarrely enough, I've found if you equip the left glove from the Sinblood Venomous Armour while this glitch is in effect.... it fixs it.

At least, when Coyote armour was not in my inventory....

I think what is happening here is a script the author of Coyote included in his mod to ensure that the pipboy glove hand is always replaced by the Coyote glove whenever it is equipped.... when it is unequipped it forces the default: even if that is a bare hand/smaller hand/whatever you're running.

This means that whatever other armour you might have equipped shows a bare left hand if it isn't Coyote.

Which means there are compatibility issues.

This exact thing happened to me, but I don't have the coyote reflex armour, just the reflex bodysuit.

After reading this post, I dropped it off in my megaton house and then uninstalled and reinstalled the readius. Unbelievably, it worked. I had tried everything I could think of up to that point except getting that reflex bodysuit out of my inventory. O.O

• 3 weeks later...

So, I've had some more problems with the Coyote Reflex Armour and since it's more or less related to this, I've decided to post it here.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/images/3365-4-1290681020.jpg

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/images/3365-3-1290681020.jpg

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/images/3365-1-1290681020.jpg

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/images/3365-2-1290681020.jpg

I left the armour at home in a locker in order to do the Pitt Quests, figuring I wouldn't need it.

Even so, the Reflex Configuration thingy in my apparel section which lets you turn overdrive/thermoptics on/off is still present.

What's more, the visual components of the upgrades are still appearing on my character even though the armour is not even in my inventory.

When I select it to see WTF is going on, I get the above message.

Has anybody at all got any clue what's going on and how to fix it?

:confused: