Your pile of shame

XanAlderon

Hmm.. Sad as I am to admit it, Oblivion. I never could reach all the quests, and I frankly suck at games. So I just used the CS to examine all the quests in detail. Also: Dawn of War 2, Age of Empires III, The original Spyro, because the sequels were out before I finished, I couldn't get past the Temple of the Winds in Link to the Past, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles got boring after the hundredth world..

hi

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first off i don't understand why most of ya'll have never finished half the games you have played but i guess you have to have a unique taste for those kind of games, anyways i have a problem on this topic lol theres not a game i haven't beaten, unless its a kids game of course like barbie or something similar but as far as i can remember on games i have never finished are gta vice city, haven't played the gta 4 expansions yet so they kind of count, and the last two hitman series games, other then those and some of the newer games out i haven't gotten yet i have beaten everything from atari to the first series of 360 games that came out which included eragon and transformers, lol i'm more of a rts gamers myself but i do like most rpgs Edited by vegetto71

Super Mario Land 2, the big Super Mario on Snes, because it was just to big and also i did not have this at home.

Halo, even tho i liked the, yeah well, halo, sphere, whatever you call it, very much. It is nice, but the game itself is so empty headed and repetive. I simply cannot stand it.

Dawn of War II. The scenario is boring me to tears.

GTA4. At some point, somewhere half into the game, i did not like it anymore. Was it because i sucked at missions or the repetive design? I dont know. And the fascination since i played GTA (yes, the GTA) has long gone.

Dragon-Age, what is essentially a good game by bioware. Cannot name it.

Morrorwind. Actually, i dont know why.

Oblivion. Mods.

:laugh:

PS: The Force Unleashed, because i found it to be an insult to the pc platform and average user intelligence in general.

Edited by Nadimos

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles -- The only Final Fantasy I ever played. I gave up on it after I spent 3 hours running through a stupid desert only to get ninja'd by a worm just as I make it out and then having to run through the whole desert again. Half way through, I quit, bought the most recent Zelda game and never went back.

I still have that game, and my GameCube, and I have no intention of ever finishing it. Ever.

• 3 weeks later...

MGS, dunno which one.

Snake eater I think? I do remember consuming many snakes because for some reason Snake had to eat every thirty seconds and didnt bring any food... or supplies... or guns...

It was a stupid game with absolutely unaccpetably bad controls, even by the low standards of the PS. The fact that shooting a gun required the manipulation of six of my ten digits, and holding 3 buttons at once while aiming meant I put the game own and got a refund within 2 hours of buying it.

Absolutely unnacceptably bad, shouldnt even have been launched with controls that buggy, unresponsive, and illogical, and I didnt even get to hide in a box.

But then again that's my general complaint about the two Japanese console lineages-their controls are abysmal, Not only are the remote extremely uncomfortable for my massive hands, but the layouts are ghastly! pressing and holding two shoulder buttons just to bring up your crosshair DOESNT work, I just wish someone at Capcom, Konami, or Square Enix would notice that, because it's ruined every game I've ever played of those manufacturors.

Firstly, nunchucks? what idiots thought that designing a controller for it's aesthetic and exercise merits would be a good idea?

Secondly, PS_ remotes, what, are they for midgets?!?! Im 6.8 and I HATE them with passion, because I after using them for about an hour, I have to take a break because my palms are cramping. Pure agony, and just yearning to cause you RSI, and the typicaly idiotic layouts dont help either.

And Hells, your sig is funny, but you may want to reword it a bit, it would be sidesplitting on 4-Chan or FunnyJunk, but a bit risque here.

Edited by Vindekarr

Blacksite: Area 51.

That was a game I could never get into. The story seemed good, so I bought it. After half an hour I decided I should've spent the $10 on a couple of milkshakes instead...

And jeez, THOSE DOORS.

http://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/849458/area51_003.jpg

Always short and wide, and never with actual doors in them. Not even open ones. Also, about how tall was your character? 40cm?

My pile of shame includes just about anything that had the name Nintendo on it. I'm not talking about Super, 64, Cube or Wii mind you, but rather the original 8-bit games. Seems to me that every one of those games inevitably contained at some point a jump or other obstacle that I just couldn't get past or some boss that I could never beat because while he's hitting me and I'm trying to hit him there's also a ton of other stuff doing damage to me. Once I got into the Super Nintendo games it seemed the devs lightened up on that sort of thing a lot and I was actually able to see the endings of the games without Game Genie. But man, those original Nintendo games almost always kicked my butt...

Adding Resident Evil 5 and Grand Theft Auto 4 to the pile.

Resident Evil 5 I lasted about 45 seconds before I realized that the controls were crap, you couldn't walk in a straight line, much less shoot, and they only give you 10 bullets to kill everyone in Africa. I lasted a bit longer on GTA4 until I realized that every single mission was exactly the same: "Go beat up this guy, maybe chase him in a car, then come back for money. And if you die at any point, crash the car, or do any one of a thousand arbitrary things, you lose and have to restart from the beginning." Also the fact that it's not possible to aim; only to fill the air around a guy with lead until something hits him.