Ebola Has the next scare began?

kvnchrist

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it's a caricature, a rendered image showing the features of its subject in a simplified or exaggerated way.

It illustrates (funnily, in my view) the irrational fear of Ebola.

It's contemptuous, which reduces it's effectiveness by making light of others concerns. This is the exact reason why America is so screwed up. Nobody will grant the same respect to others that they demand for themselves. How does this, in any way solve anything, even that which it brings to light?

Also. What percentage of fear, these days is not irrational.

I understand how serious persons may find such cartoon insolent, I don't.

I don't know what have screwed up America, but not Ebola at this point.

How does this, in any way solve anything, even that which it brings to light?

It's not clear to me: are you asking about the picture itself or about the fact that I posted it here.

Very little. The fear of catching Ebola in the United States of America is part of it.

Edited by Guest

^^ Comparing deadly diseases to poor lifestyle choices? That is about as ignorant of a comparison as I've seen anyone make.

It makes a valid point about the idiotic hysteria, compare the deaths from smoking, obesity and drinking to the one death from Ebola.

I understand how serious persons may find such cartoon insolent, I don't.

I don't know what have screwed up America, but not Ebola at this point.

How does this, in any way solve anything, even that which it brings to light?

It's not clear to me: are you asking about the picture itself or about the fact that I posted it here.

Very little. The fear of catching Ebola in the United States of America is part of it.

As I stated Disrespect is what is screwing up America. Not taking serious issue with the concerns of others and in not doing so they drive these people back into the arms of those who would use that fear to to their own political advantage.

My friend. I never take anything into the realm of the personal. You made us awear of this cartoon by posting it and I think you for doing it. It gave us all a chance to make a social comment on the status I deem of American society, which is at the extremes as toxic as it can be. Many no longer classify ourselves as just American, but groups of segregated groups based on our differences more than anything. Then we demand our rights while ignoring others and this self centered attitude is ripe for the political elite to pick in order for them to remain relevant.

This cartoon exemplifies that and I thank you for posting it.

Respect isn't a right, it's something that needs to be earned and falling for media driven hysteria isn't the way to go about it, in fact that invites ridicule as seen in that cartoon.

Peoples fears must be taken seriously or people will find others to take them seriously. This is how extremist are made.

Respect isn't a right, it's something that needs to be earned and falling for media driven hysteria isn't the way to go about it, in fact that invites ridicule as seen in that cartoon.

Peoples fears must be taken seriously or people will find others to take them seriously. This is how extremist are made.

Even when those fears are artificially overblown by our 'leaders'?