assassin's Creed series

chibievil

Hi everyone. I read all your posts with interest. I was watching my grandson and my daughter-in-law play AC2 a couple of weeks ago on a console game. It looked like it was really cool, and I thought I might enjoy it. But here is my question. You all sound like you're fairly young. I'm a grandmother, but I love gaming. I only have a PC. Does this game have a lot of hacking and slashing that requires the use of all sorts of computer keys if you play it on the pc? I'm not especially good at fighting, but the game did look like it would be fun. Please advise me. I usually play the role playing games like Dragon Age, Jade Empire, ME2, and some older ones. I have Fallout 3 but have not played it yet. I also have Oblivian but have not played it yet. Please let me know if you think AC2 is a game for me based on the above. Thanks for your help.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ezio is a nice name for a dog tho

I hope the assassin doesn't rub off on him... :unsure:

@Grannywils

I wouldn't know about the pc version, but the game doesn't fairly use a lot of button mashing so I don't think it would be tough to play.

Hi everyone. I read all your posts with interest. I was watching my grandson and my daughter-in-law play AC2 a couple of weeks ago on a console game. It looked like it was really cool, and I thought I might enjoy it. But here is my question. You all sound like you're fairly young. I'm a grandmother, but I love gaming. I only have a PC. Does this game have a lot of hacking and slashing that requires the use of all sorts of computer keys if you play it on the pc? I'm not especially good at fighting, but the game did look like it would be fun. Please advise me. I usually play the role playing games like Dragon Age, Jade Empire, ME2, and some older ones. I have Fallout 3 but have not played it yet. I also have Oblivian but have not played it yet. Please let me know if you think AC2 is a game for me based on the above. Thanks for your help.

i`m old and i loved it !

it has a good story but play the frist one before the second one and play fallout 3 and oblivian as well great games better than dragon age if you mod them out alittle bit that will keep you going for months :)

i`m old and i loved it !

it has a good story but play the frist one before the second one and play fallout 3 and oblivian as well great games better than dragon age if you mod them out alittle bit that will keep you going for months :)

Thanks for your input. I think I will give it a try. And I'll take your advice and play the first one first. I do plan to play those other two as well, as soon as I can fit them all into my schedule. I'm retired so you wouldn't think that would be so tough. But I'll get it worked out. I love the games that keep you going for a long time. Those are my favorites. I've heard that Oblivion is one of the best out there.

Okay.. I just played it all day today as a friend loaned me their copy to play a bit before I get it..

And this game is boring! Really, it was the most fun I've had in an open worlder since San Andreas, but once I got past the first few hours of playing, it's all just the same thing over and over again. Beat up this guy, collect these flags, save this citizen, and pickpocket this item. Then stab a guy in a strangely chaotic cutscene. If that's the way the rest of the game is, I don't think I really want to play all of it. Open worlds are fun, but there's nothing to do but stab people (And you lose health for doing that) and laugh at the near-sighted guards. I slaughtered a camp of guards in the middle of nowhere, and kind of hoped to get something interesting for it. And.. A flag! I found a flag! Then a marker popped up. "1/100 Jerusalem Cross flags collected". Sweet Jesus.

Is AC2 any better?

Okay.. I just played it all day today as a friend loaned me their copy to play a bit before I get it..

And this game is boring! Really, it was the most fun I've had in an open worlder since San Andreas, but once I got past the first few hours of playing, it's all just the same thing over and over again. Beat up this guy, collect these flags, save this citizen, and pickpocket this item. Then stab a guy in a strangely chaotic cutscene. If that's the way the rest of the game is, I don't think I really want to play all of it. Open worlds are fun, but there's nothing to do but stab people (And you lose health for doing that) and laugh at the near-sighted guards. I slaughtered a camp of guards in the middle of nowhere, and kind of hoped to get something interesting for it. And.. A flag! I found a flag! Then a marker popped up. "1/100 Jerusalem Cross flags collected". Sweet Jesus.

Is AC2 any better?

Oh no wonder why, AC 1 is a nightmare. I still love it, but it needs a lot of improvement.

Try AC2, if that doesn't satisfy you then I don't know what will.

I have Fallout 3 but have not played it yet. I also have Oblivian but have not played it yet. Please let me know if you think AC2 is a game for me based on the above. Thanks for your help.

I'm also old - with a left hand that only partially functions, and I have no problem playing any of those games. I say go for it and enjoy! :)

After playing it for a few days, I think I've finally gotten into the spirit of the game.

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/ub3rman123/AC.jpg?t=1279563446

Body count: 28. Some ran away and aren't in the picture.

3 hidden blade kills, 5 throwing knives, one thrown off a roof, 9 short sword kills, and 10 with the sword. One was a templar wandering by (Those guys are hard to beat! Had to throw him down and then just stab him to death), another was a thug who got in the way, and a second citizen just jumped in front of a throwing knife.

This game can be fun.

After playing it for a few days, I think I've finally gotten into the spirit of the game.

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/ub3rman123/AC.jpg?t=1279563446

Body count: 28. Some ran away and aren't in the picture.

3 hidden blade kills, 5 throwing knives, one thrown off a roof, 9 short sword kills, and 10 with the sword. One was a templar wandering by (Those guys are hard to beat! Had to throw him down and then just stab him to death), another was a thug who got in the way, and a second citizen just jumped in front of a throwing knife.

This game can be fun.

Wow. Words cannot discribe such carnage.

I suppose Altair had enough and finally went berserke. :ermm: :unsure: