We need to work on this

Eiries

By now most of us know about the new imageshare rules. I want to start this statement with the fact that I do not mind this rule change, and this thread will not be another spot to drop complaints regarding it.

This is about the amount of banning that has been seen as of late and what can be done to change it. I understand that rules need to be enforced, but we're losing a lot of good people because of it. Nine out of ten of the people on the first page of the Forum rules and strikes are banned because of breaking the new imageshare rules.

I know that there is a big, red sentence that's hard to miss every time you post an image, and that you must click a checkbox stating that you understand these rules before posting. Clearly it's not enough. It would seem a lot of people are unobservant, and I'm sure quite a few others don't have a heavy enough grasp of the English language to bother understanding that red sentence before posting.

A TYPE2? Really? That guy has contributed an awful lot to this community, and by reading his posts, English is clearly not his first language. Sure, you can PM a moderator and apologize, but do you think he has enough love for this place to bother attempting to apologize in a language he's probably not that comfortable speaking in? Probably not, so the Nexus just lost another really great member (Rank 14 based on this AP thingie) due to the imageshare rule change.

There needs to be a change of pace here. Obviously a red sentence and check box isn't enough. Please contemplate alternatives. Maybe a popup, like how the download history reminder works. Or at least issue a first and final along with a warning PM so that you can be sure the individual understands the wrongdoing before being banned.

It just kills me to see good people getting scraped off the chopping board due to this. Thank you for your time.

I've written a message to Dark0ne with the same topic - he hasn't read it after hours, so I've delete it.

A TYPE2...

After all the years and all his work for the community he got banned for an uploaded pic.

No strike warning, nothing. I don't believe it.

I'm sure he didn't understand what he has done wrong.

I'm very concerned about what happened in the last time.

Kudos for you A TYPE2.

- Thanks Eiries.

_frost_

Believe me, we are all just as concerned about this as you are. I'll do my best to help achieve a resolution, all of us want it to be resolved positively, believe me. The issue is that it also has to be handled fairly for everyone, regardless of personal feelings. The problem of potential language barriers is duly noted, as well as the possibility that the site is not updating properly on some older browsers. Try to not to worry, reinstatement is very easily handled, especially with this issue.

Activity is no measurement for intelligence. Already realized? So, what is understandable in the case of a rookie that has signed in last month is somewhat problematic in the case of a " he does us all good" ... when he doesn't, conciously, or has he won his credits of old in a lottery where there is just one rule?

You'll find that most people who email me and say "Hey, just got banned, checked it out, didn't notice the new rule, sorry about that, can I come back please, it won't happen again" get reinstated instantly. The people who respond negatively, aggressively or just down-right lie tend not to be let back in.

At the end of the day the new rule is in bold red font with underlines and everything. There's not much more that I can do if people are just going to ignore the warnings I put up. So I add a "Does your image contain nudity yes/no" prompt...I still bet people would ignore it anyway. I'm not going to turn the uploading process in to a gauntlet of yes/no questions just to insure the people who ignore the rules and warnings don't get banned.

Activity is no measurement for intelligence. Already realized? So, what is understandable in the case of a rookie that has signed in last month is somewhat problematic in the case of a " he does us all good" ... when he doesn't, consciously, or has he won his credits of old in a lottery where there is just one rule?

I'm guessing you're talking about the fact that I mentioned A TYPE2's rank. I just felt like throwing that in since it's a new thing; I wasn't trying to justify anything by it. Thanks for the reply though; I always enjoy your input.

There's not much more that I can do if people are just going to ignore the warnings I put up.

I can understand that, but there is a difference between ignorance and naivety, and the way things are set up right now fails to differentiate. I can also understand that recoding the whole uploading process for these people won't make your life any easier either.

I guess what I'm hoping for is a slight change of judgment. There is a strike system here, but it usually takes a backseat in lieu of an insta-ban. And while I understand that a lot of people that are instantly banned do not deserve to come back, the fact that you are allowing people who apologize for breaking the new imageshare rules back in can perhaps be taken as a sign that the strike system may be a feasible alternative.

If not three strikes (because three is an awful lot of times to make the same mistake,) then at least a first and final. I know it makes your life a little bit more difficult, but I think it would keep a lot of good people from getting whacked. I mean, the PM can be as simple as:

You have been given a first and final warning: nudity in any form is no longer tolerated on the imageshare. Your post has been removed and your actions have been noted.

Please understand that I am not trying to help people that are blatantly ignoring the new rules. I'm trying to help those that may have trouble expressing themselves to you, and those who just might have been getting too used to the last big red sentence to notice that this one is different.

Activity is no measurement for intelligence. Already realized? So, what is understandable in the case of a rookie that has signed in last month is somewhat problematic in the case of a " he does us all good" ... when he doesn't, consciously, or has he won his credits of old in a lottery where there is just one rule?

I'm guessing you're talking about the fact that I mentioned A TYPE2's rank. I just felt like throwing that in since it's a new thing; I wasn't trying to justify anything by it. Thanks for the reply though; I always enjoy your input.

My pleasure. It's not the first time that someone that has reached a minor peak starts with a mental hovering... always followed by a crash landing.

Maybe - it's just a thought - a news letter system could help?

Let's say Dark0ne sends a roundhouse pm to inform all members about important site rule changes.

At this point, I think any attempt to improve getting the word out about important changes like this may only slightly change the situation. I'm looking more for a way to improve the methods of reinforcing said changes.

Maybe - it's just a thought - a news letter system could help?

Let's say Dark0ne sends a roundhouse pm to inform all members about important site rule changes.

At this point, I think any attempt to improve getting the word out about important changes like this may only slightly change the situation. I'm looking more for a way to improve the methods of reinforcing said changes.

You can connect this with a new approval of the terms of service.

E.g.:

As long as one does not accept the changed site rules, he is not allowed to post.