Creation Kit Follower avoiding conflicts

bojanni

Follow back :)

One thing about the quest script. This line:

If FollowerActor.GetRelationshipRank(Game.GetPlayer()) &&-60; 3 && FollowerActor.GetRelationshipRank(Game.GetPlayer()) &--#62;= 0
FollowerActor.SetRelationshipRank(Game.GetPlayer(), 3)

I think something went wrong when it was posted on Mathias' blog. I think it should be:

If FollowerActor.GetRelationshipRank(Game.GetPlayer()) < 3 && FollowerActor.GetRelationshipRank(Game.GetPlayer()) >= 0
FollowerActor.SetRelationshipRank(Game.GetPlayer(), 3)
I copied this from the vanilla script. I got suspicious because of the ';' in the middle of the line and the weird line as a whole. Then I though what are the ASCII codes for < and > and it s #60 and #62 :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. Have completely moved Ben's dialogue over to the new follower quest and removed every trace of relation to the Genericfavor and follower quest. It took some time because there was a heck of a lot of audio to transpose. The new quest works and alias is filled, but it doesn't work smoothly.

I get the "Follow me, I need your help" option, and clicking it, he does follow. However, when I click on him after, he spouts out random responses without displaying text options. But if I continually mash the E key, all the follower dialogue options eventually appear... it's very odd.

I am now going to try playing around with the quest priority and see if that helps.

Even as I write this, I am also wondering about factions and dialogue conditions. Perhaps I will create my own factions. Clearly in my case it could be something to do with how the dialogue is being called.

(Yes I did usual Seq and recompiled scripts (to be safe I adjusted as you previously suggested))

"As he stared at the biscuit in hand, in a sudden epiphany he realised the futility of it all. No matter how much he allowed himself to procrastinate, eventually he would need to buy more biscuits".

I keep staring at the scripts, running over the tutorial, compared my scripts to yours... I must be missing something very obvious but can't find it. My conceited follower won't follow me...

Guess in your case the conditions are the issue (GetInFaction?)

"...so what are these biscuits called? Poor Tea?"

I keep staring at the scripts, running over the tutorial, compared my scripts to yours... I must be missing something very obvious but can't find it. My conceited follower won't follow me...

Guess in your case the conditions are the issue (GetInFaction?)

"...so what are these biscuits called? Poor Tea?"

I do need to fix that script. I know Jac over at the Creation Kit Forums got it working all right, so here's a link that might help you:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1507265-papyrus-to-followers-how-can-i-make-them/?fromsearch=1

And I should get around to completely revamping that tutorial sometime this week.

Thanks for the link! So if I understand correctly the recruit script should look like this?:

;BEGIN FRAGMENT CODE - Do not edit anything between this and the end comment
;NEXT FRAGMENT INDEX 1
Scriptname BO_TIF__04028FED Extends TopicInfo Hidden
;BEGIN FRAGMENT Fragment_0
Function Fragment_0(ObjectReference akSpeakerRef)
Actor akSpeaker = akSpeakerRef as Actor
;BEGIN CODE
(BO_FollowerControlQuest as BO_FollowerControlQuestScript).SetFollower(akSpeaker)
;END CODE
EndFunction
;END FRAGMENT
;END FRAGMENT CODE - Do not edit anything between this and the begin comment
Quest Property Bo_FollowerControlQuest Auto

Just biding my time until I can get home to check out the link.

"Unbeknownst to him, at that very same moment, a cartel of powerful business people sat eagerly around a board table awaiting the unveiling of their latest endeavor. Not content with controlling the market for crackers, they turned their greedy eyes towards the large image of a biscuit that the head of marketing now presented them with..."

Thanks for the link! So if I understand correctly the recruit script should look like this?:

;BEGIN FRAGMENT CODE - Do not edit anything between this and the end comment
;NEXT FRAGMENT INDEX 1
Scriptname BO_TIF__04028FED Extends TopicInfo Hidden
;BEGIN FRAGMENT Fragment_0
Function Fragment_0(ObjectReference akSpeakerRef)
Actor akSpeaker = akSpeakerRef as Actor
;BEGIN CODE
(BO_FollowerControlQuest as BO_FollowerControlQuestScript).SetFollower(akSpeaker)
;END CODE
EndFunction
;END FRAGMENT
;END FRAGMENT CODE - Do not edit anything between this and the begin comment
Quest Property Bo_FollowerControlQuest Auto

Looks right to me.

*silently weeps*... He still won't come along on my adventures....

Still get his error:

[10/17/2014 - 08:07:09PM] Error: Cannot call SetFollower() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:

"...Behold the Middle-Class Biscuit, the head of Marketing spoke enthusiastically towards the now baffled men. "no iCookie?"

Edited by bojanni