⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

How To Install Plugins/mods

Stampede

I think that maybe the archiveinvalidation.txt thing should be explained, since there's often more to installing texture mods than extracting stuff to the correct folder.

I know that 'read the readme' is the sort of the same, but not every readme has clear instructions...

Automatic archiveinvalidation.txt updater

Guide for an alternative archive invalidation method using OBMM (Recommended)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant workout why my mods dont work, i've followed the instructions at the start of this topic but they don't help,i don't have the program reqired to extract or viewthem, the icon representing them is the one that means i dont have the program (the piece of paper with a window on it that contains programs,that icon)

what program do i need to get them to work? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

thanks a bunch, i'll download as soon as i can.

i downloded it and it works, but i downloded a mod that needs to go in to the meshes and textures folders, but in my data folder there are no folders that are titled meshes or textures, only bsm folders that are called that, is this normal? where do i put the mod folders?

actually i do have those folders but there only there because i extracted a mod that alows me to play as an imp, but those 2 folders only contain a folder with the imp stuff.

Can you please help me?

EDIT: Posts merged. Please use the edit button rather than double posting, thanks.

- Switch

If you haven't downloaded any other mods that add textures and meshes yet those folders won't be there yet.

Just extract the meshes and textures folder in the data folder. If there's a meshes/textures folder already, it will ask if you want to overwrite. Say 'yes'.

• 2 weeks later...
I am trying to use the WINrar to extract a 7Z file, but when i tell it to extract the file into the LSdata file, i get an error messgae saying the operation cannot be performed, but if i try in the normal data files, it doesnt do anything at all. help would be appreciated

hi there, i've had a thorough look through this thread from start to finish today, i have downloaded winRaR from the link you provided and also 7-zip. I've downloaded a few files from http://www.tessource.net/ and i've unzipped them fine, they're all in "Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data" etc, when i load oblivion up, i check the boxes of the mods that i want in the game, yet none of them are working are you able to help? do you need to know which mods i've downloaded?

*edit* sorted it now, all downloads were saving as the same file as the TES constructor

• 2 weeks later...

umm i kind of need some help ... sorry, i've looked through the other posts but i don't really understand how the modding really works :S i've been trying to download Ren's Beauty Pack, i go to download it and it asks if i want to open it or save it and ive tried both, open just makes another blank internet explorer page thing come up and then closes again within a few seconds, saving it into the Data folder seems to work but when i open the laucher and click on Data Files theres nothing but the Oblivion Master thing or whatever it is.

really sorry for my stupid newbness >< hope someone can help me out... thanks :unsure: