⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

How To Install Plugins/mods

Stampede

Think you should first unzip the files you downloaded and have the esp files in the Oblivion data file. The put in the disk and click "Data Files" and have the mods you wish to use with an "X", just like the oblivion esm file. Be sure to read the documents of the mod so that you have every the it requires.

But I have a problem myself here. I just downloaded Ren's beautypack v1.1 and already unziped it, but when I try to creat a new charac., her head is just blank! How come this happen!?

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I'm having some trouble with texture mods, and I'm not sure what to do. For example, I've tried several different map replacements, unzipping the texture folder straight into my data folder, or copying the files directly where they belong, but no dice. The map just stays brown and dull.

Also, I tried some replacement character textures *cough* nude mods *cough,* and they show up, but they look extraordinarily ugly- nothing like the screenshots. I changed the resolution- currently I'm running it at 1440x900- but that doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone had any similar problems? The nude mods I don't care about, but I'd really like to get a color map in, and this is worrying me because now I'm being paranoid and thinking my environment texture replacements aren't working right. If anyone has any advice, I'd really appreciate it.

Hello!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I'm having some trouble with texture mods, and I'm not sure what to do. For example, I've tried several different map replacements, unzipping the texture folder straight into my data folder, or copying the files directly where they belong, but no dice. The map just stays brown and dull.

Also, I tried some replacement character textures *cough* nude mods *cough,* and they show up, but they look extraordinarily ugly- nothing like the screenshots. I changed the resolution- currently I'm running it at 1440x900- but that doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone had any similar problems? The nude mods I don't care about, but I'd really like to get a color map in, and this is worrying me because now I'm being paranoid and thinking my environment texture replacements aren't working right. If anyone has any advice, I'd really appreciate it.

Perhaps you should go check the word file when you unzip your mods in order to see if it requiers any other mods.

By the way, does anybody know whereI can find "Cosmetic Compilation (Merged plugin with Capucine's Character Expansion and Etc)"? Or if anyone has already being useing Ren's Beautypack, would you just upload that "Cosmatic C." thing? Thax!

Tinfeasul, please try and keep things on topic. This thread is about how to install plugins/mods (and I suppose any problems you have doing that) not finding where to get plugins/mods. Thanks.

All my 'mods' so far are pretty much just texture ones, so I don't think that's the problem. I'm pretty sure now that what I'm doing wrong is not putting the right stuff in my ArchiveInvalidation file. Could anyone tell me what exactly goes into there- I'm a little lost when the mod doesn't come with a readme with that info.

• 3 weeks later...
Ok, the site is a good way to learn to use the CS, but i didn't see any "How to enchant your weapons/armor/rings etc." So, is there anyone here who can give me a tiny step by step tutorial to make, say "The One Ring" from LOTR looking like the weatherlet cirklet and with some assorted enchantments.

1)

Create a new ring of that mesh/texture by changing the ID (and if you want to rename it, change the name).

2)

Go to magic, click on enchantment, and right click anywhere and click new.

3)

Right click and choose the effect you want and set the maginitude and stuff like that. Repeat if you want more. In the type menu, select what type of object you are creating an enchantment to.

4)

Go to your object you created. Click the enchantment drop-down menu, and click the enchantment you created for that ring.

5)

Click ok. Go back and make sure the enchantment stays. Click ok, and do that some more times.

6)

Place the ring anywhere you want in game, whether it be a container, on an NPC, or on the ground somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...
I have two downloaded MODs that are just single .rar files.

How do I extract them or find the readme as the only thing I can do is open it using the internet which doesn't do anything.

Please help me.

get WinRAR, it extracts every type of file you will see on tessource.