• An island of lonely, bikini-clad women
    • Math-Magic Land
    • Rock n Roll hall of fame
    • Wise, bearded men
    • Cheese as far as the eye can see
    • Otaku Convention
    • other, add comment

• 1 month later...

Valhalla? Really? I don't think a lot of people still believe in Norse mythology....

I don't think the Norse entered Valhalla through the passage of a boat exclusivly. I read somewhere that this was one of the options not the only one.

And there's a heaven of cheese? What kind of religion is that? Because those people sure know how to worship, but I'm still sticking to Catholicism. ;D :P :yes:

oh alot of people still believe in norse mythology, including one of my teachers, over here at iceland we still stick to old viking traditions and yeah, we still eat raw shark that has been buried in a hole of dirt for 3 weeks straight, im currently an athiest and if anything i'd worship norse mythology or buddhaism, "I don't think the Norse entered Valhalla through the passage of a boat exclusivly" thats so wrong in so many ways, 1st warriors entered valhalla if they died in a glorious battle and became "einherjar" basically the soldiers of the gods sooo.. yeah.

Well, you can never be sure until you do walk the walk, but I've got an idea of what I'd like it to be like.

You arrive outside some sort of sandswept, dilapidated ruin in the desert. At your back is a river, and to your front the entrance. You collect yourself and stumble on; it's all there is to do, after all. A grand hall decorated with pillars end at a doorway. Beyond, there's a room with an odd check-in desk feeling to it. Then, you hear a slight cough from the shadows, as Anubis puts away his pipe and comes out to join you with a cheery look. 'Ah! Good morning, visitor! I didn't notice you. Well, welcome to the afterlife!', he says before holding out a brochure for you. You take it and flip uncertainly through the pages, as he strides over to his earlier place, take a sip from a coffee mug. Thousands of questions race through your mind, most of them being some variation of 'Wait. Am I dead? I'm dead, aren't I. Am I?', but you can't pin down a specific one to ask. Meanwhile, Anubis puts down his mug and walks over to the small, ornate desk in the middle of the room. 'Right. Let's see... Which one was it?', he asks himself with his fingers stroking his chin. Then, the walls and ceiling suddenly disolves into sand and shoot away, revealing a gigantic, tranquil void dotted with stars. What was solid sandstone is now a black and blue haze, streatching out in infinity. Even more bewildered and by now rather frightened, your drop your phamplet on the stone floor. 'Oh, don't worry, this won't take long. Have a seat', Anubis remarks as a comfortable chair appears behind you.

While you carefully sit down, an object appears in the horizon, racing towards the small island of solidity you're on. When it's close enough to identify, you see it's an old filing cabinet. Anubis steps out towards the edge of the floor and the cabinet slows down to a halt in front of him. He opens it, and the drawer shoot back at least five times the length the cabinet could accomodate on the outside. While he starts to search for the specific papers, the surreal situation begins to get to you, and you wonder if it's a dream, before realizing that you've seemed to have been prohibited from asking yourself that every other time you've been dreaming. Before the absurdity of the situation becomes too much, Anubis evidently finds what he's looking for and removes a file containing a hefty bunch of papers. Above, a small school of similar filing cabinets draws around in an irregular pattern. Anubis sends his cabinet off to join them. Once reunited with it's comrades, they all vanish into the void in a tremendous speed.

'Sorry about that. This divine business brings with it unbelieveable amounts of paperwork. It takes quite an eternity handling it all. Right, here's yours, anyway', he says as he sits down at his desk. The room is back the way it was. Nothing amongst the ancient blocks of stone reveals what just happened. You look back at Anubis, while also idly registering that your chair seems to have up to his desk of itself.

'So. Well, once again, welcome to the Afterlife. I see you have many questions for me. Then, ask them, and then we can decide what to do with you. We've got all the time we could possibly need'.

Questions who just recently banged themselves against the inside of your skull with tremendous vigour suddenly dissolve just like the walls did.

-'So... This is it? I'm really dead?'

-'Yes. That is, you have left the physical plane, the one you're used to. You are now in an alternative state of being, behind the set, so to speak. Yes, for all intents and purpouses, you are dead.'

You look down in your lap, while wrapping your thoughts around what this mean.

'A little prematurely, I believe. You weren't scheduled for... Oh, I see. Hmm...', Anubis continues, while reading the different pages.

'It might interest you to know that your murderer will be here rather soon as well. Not much time, not with substances like that in your system.'

-'My friends? My cat?'

-'Don't worry, my friend. This is the most certain thing in all of the excistance. Everything which live will pass through at some point or other. Where they go when across the stream is up to themselves, of course.'

-'But that could take years!'

-'You will learn that time behaves differently on this plane. It can drag on, every second a long, long year, or a blink, several centuries. A mountain might crumble in a few seconds, or the queen of a humble anthill rule for unfathomable aeons. Or all at once. Or, part of the flow might settle in a small, almost stagnant pool by the side. We are currently within such a phenomenom.'

You feel better off not asking more questions like that. Allthough time is apparently nothing of greater importance here, you'd rather get going, wherever it is you are.

-'What happens now?'

-'We will proceed to the next gate. There, me and my colleauges will assemble a more coherent picture of who you are and what you've done. If you pass, which I so far can't imagine you wouldn't, we advance further, to the ascent. Then, the road is yours.'

You nod. You're beyond questioning the reality of the situation. You just want to continue and complete whatever it is you're expected to.

'Any further questions? Everything is in that brochure, but don't hesitate to grab one of us if you need. We always make ourselves time', he says with a wink.

You nod, and as Anubis rise from his chair, so do you. The stone block at the end of the room morf to create a doorway. Anubis walks toward it, and so do you. On the other side, down a narrow staircase and across a lightless abyss on a moving, unsupported platfrom of glass, there is another room, larger than the previous. The centre is dominated by a golden scale. Unlike the rather empty earlier room, this one is furnished with several comfortable chairs and benches. A large table along the side is stuffed with delicious food and fruits, some of which utterly alien to you. Opposite of that there's a doorway to some sideroom of sorts.

From their places around a large waterpipe surrounded by comfortable cushions, Hathor and Thot approaches, the former holding on to another mug of coffee with a tight grip. Even a god can wake up hungover, you note to yourself.

-'Good morning! Welcome to the Second Stream!', says Thot, while greeting the two of you. Hathor meet and greets, but with a stiff and apathic undertone.

-'Right. I'm afraid we will have to leave your for the moment. We're having a meeting, then we'll consult the scales and then, the trials. This might take a while. Make yourself at home. You are, after all.'

Anubis motions towards the table, while the group of gods strolls over towards the door.

'Cheers!', says Anubis, waving his hand as the council disappears inside the room. Tired, confused and rather miffed, you walk over to the table and plonk yourself down in a bench smothered in cushions. You've barely touched the soft fabric before your eyelids close shut. You make a promise to yourself to taste some of the food when you wake up before you're swept off by sleep.

-To be Continued. At some point. :P

Well, you can never be sure until you do walk the walk, but I've got an idea of what I'd like it to be like.

You arrive outside some sort of sandswept, dilapidated ruin in the desert. At your back is a river, and to your front the entrance....

-To be Continued. At some point. :P

Read a half, I will read the rest later, good story.