Games that DO NOT need any more sequels

VileTouch

I was reading a topic by Sinophile about those games that you desperately want to see a sequel made. and the obvious question dawned on me, of what games have so many sequels that you just think "oh god.. not another one! :wallbash: "

There are a few that come to mind at the moment the most notorious being Mario, Megaman and King of Fighters with over 10 installments each!

so... share your thoughts and tell us of those games that just keep coming back over and over again. :teehee:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

check this out:

Ratchet & Clank

Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando

Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal

Ratchet: Deadlocked

Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters

Secret Agent Clank

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty

Ratchet & Clank Future: Crack in Time

Ratchet & Clank: Going Mobile

... :blink:

i swear: i see another ratchet & clank game and i'm throwing up! :pinch:

Halo! Terible quality, yet overhyped and somehow outselling the few truly good FPS left. Please, just let this franchise die, its over bungie, aceept it.

Star Wars: all of them! Im sick to death of this little franchise. A good starwars game hasnt been made since battlefront two, and with pandemic gone, we now have to rely on the people who made (shudder) force unleashed for further games. Furthermore you just cant expand SW past a certain point, yet they always keep trying, and the results just get worse and worse.

Total War! after selling a patch as a fully priced game, and a really rubbish one at that, I think these series really needs to be finaly allowed to die.

Empire Earth! that last one, EE3, was so miserably bad, so racist, so obcenely badly made, and so full of glitches I actualy threw it out my window. Please, mercy, the first one was lousy, the second was worse, the third still leaves me traumatised, please, I beg you, no more!

Command N Conquer: Its had a grand long history, but its not of this generation now, let it rest in peace. EA would honor this great series more by letting it remain as an icon of history, and a past legend, than by tarnishing its memory by churning out scrap with CNC scrawled on it.

R-Type-Final: a truly excellent and fun game, almost a decade ahead of its time, but please, the thought of the already impossibly dificult R-Type, endowed with modern AI cunning, gives me nightmares. That would be SO HARDCORE it would probably sabotage your playstation just so you wouldnt be able to win the game.

Champions Online: This game was SO BAD that I really hope and pray it doesnt get a sequal. A true sequal is everything the last game did best only doing that even better. All champions online was good at was being aweful. A sequal would theoreticaly be even more aweful, but being even worse than CO1 would be so utterly horrible it would theoreticaly annihilate the universe in a cosmic explosion of utter fail...

Final Fantasy, the last one was proof they've lost their way.

Most of Capcoms output, enough already.

Most first party stuff from Nintendo, new console? time to remake everything from the previous one.

Rogue Warrior, one was one too many.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, just don't.

Sonic the Hedgehog, it's over Sega, deal with it.

Champions Online: This game was SO BAD that I really hope and pray it doesnt get a sequal. A true sequal is everything the last game did best only doing that even better. All champions online was good at was being aweful. A sequal would theoreticaly be even more aweful, but being even worse than CO1 would be so utterly horrible it would theoreticaly annihilate the universe in a cosmic explosion of utter fail...

lol!

www.videogamesblogger.com/2009/07/17/champions-online-2-possible-says-cryptic.htm

http://pedrophablo.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/harakiri.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd156/celiczak/seppuku.jpg

WoW needs to give up on the expansions.

As for other things, it's mostly franchises that have gone on too long (Staring at you, Nintendo), like Mario, Sonic, Resident Evil, and Halo.

You're right. How'd we miss that one? It's been basically the same game for the last 20 or so games.

That brings to mind: Mario Party. It's on the.. eighth game now? And all they do is reuse the engine, slap on a new retexture of a map, and throw in some more minigames.