Games that DO NOT need any more sequels

VileTouch

I havent played metal gear much.

I tried a demo of one of them a few years back, not sure which one it was though. Overall it wasnt bad, but like a lot of games I dont like, it was just bland. The controls, like a lot of PS2 games, were sodding aweful. The gameplay involved constant sneaky, more sneaky, and occasionaly eating a nearby animal bear grylls style. And god forbid the items... At one point I was expected to go sneaking around with a hat on in the shape of a crocodile's head. Not even a convincing one, and yet for some reason the endless identicle soviets were always fooled.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now to another type of metal... Metal Slug. The first two were pretty good; by the third it started to get a bit redundant, and by redoing the projectile code in Metal Slug X to eliminate the unintentional "bullet time" that happened due to the NeoGeo's processor not being powerful enough to process the code multiple times, it comes down to feeling like you lost something essential in those heated moments rather than gain uninterrupted gameplay...

Actualy they're alreayd working on a new COD, but its not MW3.

Firstly activision lost a lot of the people responsible for MW1/2 to EA, sacking almost every senior designer, and then giving the franchise' future to treyarch. Treyarch has something less mainstream planned for cod 7. Black Ops, I dont know exactly what year its set in, but I think its safe to assume 1980s. its the cold war, you're probably going to be a marine. Unexplained slaughter russians and ethnic minorities is all but a certainty, but the rest of the game looks like being a bit diferent. The preview I saw showed of all things, a helicopter, an animal burrow, what appeared to be a jungle savage, and a lot of very old fashioned mid 70's hardware.

No doubt it will be more similar to MW than it is original, but they arent just making a clone this time, and for me, its the thought that counts. They graphics shown were also a new engine, with radicaly diferent particle effects, and even more diferent shaders. If anything I'd expect something a bit more like Far Cry 2 in looks, probably set just a bit after the war in Vietnam. But best of all, Treyarch is looking to be as much commited to storyline as anything else, so maybe, just maybe, we'll see some coherent plot this time too.

The series I really want to see die however is neverwinter nights/dragon age. I really dislike bioware, and after recently wasting three hours on a demo of the miserable DA, I'd really like to see the corp close. I honestly cant understand why their games are so popular, except that fans play one game, like it, and buy bioware's sequals to that rather than games from other manufacturers in the same genre. Dislike me for saying that if you want, but I find it very hard to like such a cynical, money crazed corporation, let alone one with such a lacking imagination.

And if starwars crashed and burned, I'd honestly throw a party. Im a science fiction author by background, and I've written shopping lists deeper and more captivating than that mess. I think they should have kept to three movies, the prequals were bad beyond bad, and the recent games have been even worse if thats possible. Anyone who's played battlefront 1, obi-wan, or the jedi knight series would surely understand why.

Finaly, mario. Another one every year, identicle to the previous, but a horde of people run out and buy it in the millions, and I have no idea why save that humans on the whole are really rather stupid. After so long, and having gone so far from what it started out as, mario is just a farce to fund nintendo, nothing more.

I know someone who played the new call of duty beta and from what he told me in a M rated fashion :nuke: , that it sucked???

Actualy they're alreayd working on a new COD, but its not MW3.

Firstly activision lost a lot of the people responsible for MW1/2 to EA, sacking almost every senior designer, and then giving the franchise' future to treyarch. Treyarch has something less mainstream planned for cod 7. Black Ops, I dont know exactly what year its set in, but I think its safe to assume 1980s. its the cold war, you're probably going to be a marine. Unexplained slaughter russians and ethnic minorities is all but a certainty, but the rest of the game looks like being a bit diferent. The preview I saw showed of all things, a helicopter, an animal burrow, what appeared to be a jungle savage, and a lot of very old fashioned mid 70's hardware.

No doubt it will be more similar to MW than it is original, but they arent just making a clone this time, and for me, its the thought that counts. They graphics shown were also a new engine, with radicaly diferent particle effects, and even more diferent shaders. If anything I'd expect something a bit more like Far Cry 2 in looks, probably set just a bit after the war in Vietnam. But best of all, Treyarch is looking to be as much commited to storyline as anything else, so maybe, just maybe, we'll see some coherent plot this time too.

The series I really want to see die however is neverwinter nights/dragon age. I really dislike bioware, and after recently wasting three hours on a demo of the miserable DA, I'd really like to see the corp close. I honestly cant understand why their games are so popular, except that fans play one game, like it, and buy bioware's sequals to that rather than games from other manufacturers in the same genre. Dislike me for saying that if you want, but I find it very hard to like such a cynical, money crazed corporation, let alone one with such a lacking imagination.

And if starwars crashed and burned, I'd honestly throw a party. Im a science fiction author by background, and I've written shopping lists deeper and more captivating than that mess. I think they should have kept to three movies, the prequals were bad beyond bad, and the recent games have been even worse if thats possible. Anyone who's played battlefront 1, obi-wan, or the jedi knight series would surely understand why.

Finaly, mario. Another one every year, identicle to the previous, but a horde of people run out and buy it in the millions, and I have no idea why save that humans on the whole are really rather stupid. After so long, and having gone so far from what it started out as, mario is just a farce to fund nintendo, nothing more.

Hasn't Mario been in over 200 games? For the life of me I can't understand why people see Nintendo as innovative, they recycle the same games over and over again.

A lot of very very immature people play call of duty Thor. I wouldnt take their opinions on face value.

Its a game in two halves. A lot of people, increasingly young children, play it simply because it is popular. Its the new schoolyard vogue, a popular "adult" game, playing which is considered to make you above the rest of the brats and rabble. So every day more children flock to invade my server and are smitten down by the hellfire wrath of my Barrett M-82.

Its also like Halo in that a lot of people play it online simply because it is popular. Its also the online gamer vogue of the month, because those too weak minded to play truly challenging online games like to swarm over here. because no matter how many people are better at it than them, some poor worthless idiot will always be worse. On the one hand, as one of very few genuinely competant marksmen, I DO get a lot of kills for free.

That isnt to say that call of duty players are children or stupid, its just that the "black sheep" minority in any video game always screams louder than the quite heroicaly good people.

I also, saw this. And I think its the best one Ive seen yet. Most codpeople just want ANOTHER modern warfare game, so most codpeople seeing treyarch's unusual new baby see it, think, what? no SCAR? no TAR21? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHMBULANCE!

I for one say kudos to treyarch for bucking the trend and making something turly unique even in the face of overwhelming criticisim.

Ya i can see that being annoying but i was talking about the ps3 version, i don't think the mods would allow that sort of thing.

They can be very strict and kick you from the server.

Especially cheaters.

However good or bad it is, Im sure the next COD will be savaged by critics and players alike simply for not being modern warfare three. Its what the vocal members of the codmmunity, since this supposedly has more of a single player focus, they'll no doubt be furious. i suggest you make your own mind up about it, you are very unlikely to get a two sided view out of anyone else.

I'm getting insane if they make another mario bros. or whatever game..

I mean, I hardly know any nintendo title without that sucker.

Also no sonic games and please, please no games like Olympic games with mario and sonic or how the title of this crap is.