STARCRAFT II GHOST OF THE PAST

Pyrosocial

Meh, I might go and buy it provided that it is in the bargain bin. Beyond that I don't know, I've never been addicted to SC so I'll watch it from a distances.

BTW: The trailer is great!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before you all go slamming blizzard it is 3 games that will equal 180. consider them expansions like mother ship zeta or something.

Mine will be more expensive since i am picking up my collector's edition of wings of liberty in about 8 hours, and i am pre-ordering a collector's edition for legacy of the void when it comes out. all in all though i can't wait, i'm supposed to be working but i can't focus, i grew up on this game and i have been playing since i was 8, this and the warcraft series are like my religion.

So its 3 games.

$60+$$60+$60=$180

Its not that bad for three games that will probably be spaced 3 years apart.

@burnagirl

You get yours before me =P i wanted to go to the midnight opening but i wasn't able to

You don't understand. Even if it was ONE game for 60 dollars, it would still be stupid to buy. Gamers are giving up too much ground to greedy companies like Activision. Besides, it should be one game, they just want to make more money.

I'm quite fine with paying for three and having triple the amount of gameplay. the first game only had 10 missions a race, this one has over 30 with side missions.

You don't understand. Even if it was ONE game for 60 dollars, it would still be stupid to buy. Gamers are giving up too much ground to greedy companies like Activision. Besides, it should be one game, they just want to make more money.

I'm quite fine with paying for three and having triple the amount of gameplay. the first game only had 10 missions a race, this one has over 30 with side missions.

http://i31.tinypic.com/2liy620.png

http://i31.tinypic.com/2rvzris.jpg

Well I'm officially boycotting this price scheme, its ridiculous, I bet they are going to do something similar to Diablo3. Stays Clear of Blizzards games until the price comes down in 4months, if takes longer i will wait longer, I'm not all that enthused to buy it now at all anyways :devil: .

If it comes down in price around 30$, I might pick it up :down:

with that money you could possibly buy 3 games.

Edited by Thor.

I sure did like the days when you could by a game like Total Annihilation and it came with a BUDDY DISC (aka Multiplayer Disc)....you hand the buddy disc to a friend, load up the game and play against each other right out of one box!

Like somebody else said, won't be surprised if map packs come out and you can't play on the servers until your map levels = server map levels like other games we know. :rolleyes:

I used to be excited about this a long time ago simply because I liked Starcraft 1, but even then, I didn't play SC1 "that" long to become a fan boy. Sure, it was fun but tended to levitate to games I could modify and play how I like to...such as Total Annihilation and Star Trek Armada II.

I "might" end up getting this game but it certainly won't be anytime soon. I'll have to see how it goes once the hype has hit the floor and we see it for what it really is.

I guarantee you, if the technology ever gets to the point where you can "subscribe" to games over your TV without having to download anything, game-makers will be all over the pay-as-you-play (screen-scrape) model and utterly drop the PC...which will leave the market for Indies and OpenSource. That's one bit of technology I don't care to see anytime soon.

Oh, and yes, that is a nice movie/trailer. Nothing really to do with gameplay at all but still...nice production if you are into movies more than games.

LHammonds

I bet the trailers took 7 years to make and the gameplay 3 years :biggrin:

7 years is to long for a rtc to be made, check out Command and conquer series for instants.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't in development for that long a time, max 4 years i think.

Still researching that though, can't seem to find the time it was in development for.

Edited by Thor.

I doubt it was even neccesarily a blizzard game.

Activision is mad for money. I could see them as building a new game and calling starcraft JUST for a little more profit unto themselves.

Its this shameless greed, and some of the recent quotes of their ceo that saw me boycott this game, and hand in my fanboy card to SC1.

Three years ago I payed the equivalent of 25 US dollars for the WarHammer 40K Dawn Of War Compendium. That was one box, that contained four full video games, everything you needed to run them, and complimentary access to only multiplayer. They werent even bad games, Dawn Of War is still a great RTS, but I still miss the old days when corps let loose whole sagas in a box. I mean, you still see companies that give free DLC, like the new Dawn Of War gives free map packs fairly regularly, and if you didnt want the expansion, you could get the maps and technical improvements for free(you could pay about $40 for a new campaign and a new faction, but that was optional) but even it has payed DLC from time to time and it wasnt exactly cheap to buy off the shelf.