The Currently Reading Thread .........

karkarinus

I am a huge fan of older science fiction so currently I am reading:

"The first men in the moon" written 1901. To bad that it's just a novel(sorry language error) I mean "short-stroy" with <=200 pages, I read 3/4 of it before seating myself at the computer.

Well the history takes place at then present time early 20th centry. One quite odd scientist and one close-to-losing-his-furtune-gentleman. As the close-to-losing-his-furtune-gentleman named Bedford finds the scientist named Cavor quite disturbing when walking close to his house he wonders what he is doing. It ends up with that they go to the moon/Luna there it of course is oxygen as the moon/Luna snow melts on the day.

Well I find the old science fiction just amusing as they are so... well to us it's a fact you can't mix helium with an unknown substance and just fly to the moon/Luna as if it was a Zeppelin. And well whener the question if there is oxygen on March the answer is "Of course you stupid".... *sigh*

I guess that I am one of those who laugh the loudest on other peoples "unknowledge".

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Currently reading Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. D!ck. (damned censor).

Will be followed by A Scanner Darkly (same author - I like the way he writes, it's very simple but effective).

Then The Art of War by of course Sun Tzu.

I read quite a few comics inbetween chapters, mostly stuff from Dark Horse. A long time favourite is Berserk, and Heavy Metal is always interesting.

Reading a lot of classics lately because there's so many to catch up on :)

• 1 month later...

I'm currently reading "Knights Of The Black And White" By Canadian Author Jack Whyte. It's the first book in a trilogy. A fictional based on history book about the Knights Templar.

Amazing book so far, not done yet. The one thing I like about it, is Jack Whyte, will write a vivid description about something in two sentences. Where it takes some Authors a page and a half.

• 2 weeks later...

Lord Of The Rings The Fellowship Of The Ring. again hehe its been a while since i read it so hey why not read it again. its a good book

Kisuke

Lord Of The Rings The Fellowship Of The Ring. again hehe its been a while since i read it so hey why not read it again. its a good book

Kisuke

Good books, I red all 3 of them 2 times and "the hobbit". I have Silmarilion or something like that, but I have not red it yet.

I'm reading The Da Vinci Code atm :P