The Currently Reading Thread .........

karkarinus

<<I just finished the Guns of August. I see why Barbara Tuchman won the Pulitzer for this book, it's excellent and also extremely informative about that fist month of the war.>>

I'm in the middle of this book! It's captivating. If you're into history that is :)

I don't feel comfortable making a whole introduction thread, sorry for my manners. So consider this my introduction.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am currently reading and enjoying the great thick Witchblade Compedium Volume 1 graphic novel which must contain at least 50 comics worth of reading.

August: Osage County by Tracy Letts. It's a play, so I could finish it in about two hours...I've just been putting it off lately. It's pretty funny though. I recommend it to anyone, even those who don't read very many plays.

Then there's Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk. I haven't even touched it, but it's in the queue. I've never read any of his work before, so I'll read that next.

I don't read too often, which is something I'd like to change. Just can't find the time.

Working on my 7th Redwall book by Brian Jacques. It's nice that you don't need to read them in any specific order. So far it seems to span over 200 years or so [there are I think 12 total books] and there are some invincible characters lol but that's nice. I like the books because they have lots of dialogue, and have about 5 small plots going on and I like remembering them and then in the end they all come together. A book like that must be hard to write, let alone a series. Getting sort of tired of the writing style [good guys always win, lots of food descriptions, predictable plots] but I want to finish the series.

I recently finished Heart of Darkness. It was a very very good book, but at times I had to read things over again to fully get the situation. Believe it or not, the movie adaptation was Apocalypse Now. I didn't think there would be all that many similarities, I was surprised, it was almost like reading the book, despite a different location, events and time-frame. :laugh: Edited by tttttt

• 3 weeks later...