The Currently Reading Thread .........

karkarinus

I am reading a book named Japanese Plays. This book explains the beauty of life as much as Japanese theater. It is here that reality is held suspended and emptiness can fill the mind with words, music, dance, and mysticism. A.L. Sadler translated the mysteries of Noh, Kyogen, and Kabuki in his groundbreaking book. Kabuki is a traditional style of Japanese theatre. It is a theatrical style with a very rich history. Originating from the 1600s it’s incorporated the social topics of that time and even after many renditions, sanctions from leaders and changes it is still as popular as ever.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I am about to begin reading the third novel from the Sherlock Holmes set from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's collection. The first of his three earliest novels.

I finished the novel, The sign of the four.

CSI: Crime Scene Investigator, Paranormal and Ghost Buster, wanna bes could learn a few things to add tho their investigation kits reading his description of investigation. It's amazing how Sir Arthur Conan Doyle imagined all the ways to investigate crime scenes.

• 3 weeks later...

I just ended reading Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty. The story is described so realistically that it seems to you that you are also now in Australia and watching the events. Every story of the main characters touches the soul and you are sincerely worried about them. It is an engaging story filled with murder and mystery. The idea is very interesting. On the first page you will find out that the murder happened. But throughout the story, you have no idea who is the victim. At the same time, the genre cannot be called a detective story. A fascinating book about relationships.

• 4 weeks later...

The Memoires of Sherlock Holmes.

Short stories by Sir Arthur C. Doyle

The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes is a collection of short stories by Arthur Conan Doyle, first published late in 1893 with 1894 date. It was first published in the UK by G. Newnes Ltd., and was published in the US by Harper & Brothers in February 1894.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I enjoyed following up on The Memoires of Sherlock Holmes.

Short stories by Sir Arthur C. Doyle

The stories were mentally stimulating as they gave the reader the insight as to how Mr. Doyle's character, Doctor Watson described each case Sherlock Holmes was involved. Mr. Doyle's character his Avatar so to speak; thought and worked out the problems at the scene of the crimes leading us on a merry chase.

After doing some library research I found Mr. Doyle's Sherlock Holmes method for solving crime could be incorporated into Real Life. I was surprised to find a Detective TV character who also did an excellent job of solving crimes. Detective Murdoch of Murdoch Mysteries had a guest star that went so far as living the role of Sherlock Holmes and aided Murdoch. Murdoch Mysteries shares lots of RL history we can discover if we have a mind to too. Watching the TV series was like taking Doctor Who's views in without a T. A. R. D. I. S. still traveling through time.

The author of Murdoch Mysteries books Maureen Jennings brought to life in them many people who actually lived like Annie Oakley, Thomas Edison, and lot more. All from all over the world who visited where Murdoch's life and story had him living. An incredible house was featured in the TV series Murdoch Mysteries was built by Frank Lloyd Wright.

The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes is a collection of short stories by Arthur Conan Doyle, first published late in 1893 with 1894 date. It was first published in the UK by G. Newnes Ltd., and was published in the US by Harper & Brothers in February 1894.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Griftopia: A Story of Bankers, Politicians, and the Most Audacious Power Grab in American History

https://www.amazon.com/Griftopia-Bankers-Politicians-Audacious-American/dp/0385529961

I rather read this than Liar poker and big short that are advised to newbies/graduates, that don't do anything beside glossing the surface, while justifying the financial sector shitshow, and their pals/ collaborators FED's enabling it all, along the crooked politicians doing their bidding Obama, Clinton, Bush, Biden . At last taibbi has little part in the game , but tells how it is and is still very valid.

Edited by codeinject202

• 5 months later...

I'm currently immersed in "The Silent Patient" by Alex Michaelides. It's a gripping psychological thriller that keeps me on the edge of my seat! How about you? What are you reading these days?