What do you like in a house/display room?

Valkyrie

13 members have voted

1. 1. What do you look for most in a home/display area?

• Location, location, location
    • Display area
    • Decor
    • Exterior look
    • Hot half naked NPC's strolling around

Been working on this for a while. Its one huge room with the displays pictured all around the perimeter. Storage, table displays, enchanting stuff, garden, etc all in one room. One small room off it with a couple beds and some munchies. What do guys/gals look for when house shopping? I understand this is made to my tastes and not everyone will like it but I wanted to get an idea of what some others liked. Thanks!

Well, I like the display areas, as long as they aren't overdone, as in having 200 of them stacked alongside each other, like in Glenvar Castle's display room or Aberwiin Manor. If you can separate them out and tastefully display them without putting in too many, it'd work very well. An example of that is in a place like Battlehorn Castle, where the cases are spread out well.

I really like what you have in your screenshot there; a way to display an entire set. I guess for me display is important, but needs to be done in some way to not clog up the cell - maybe multiple treasure rooms? As for decor, I don't know exactly what I prefer. No, really.. if you told me to tell you why I like or dislike particular house mods, I wouldn't be able to. Some I just prefer over others.

I agree with the whole non "cluttering" deal. That was the main reason why I retextured the weapon holders to match the wall. As you can see, if they go unused they just look like a black panel. Kinda neatens things up. :wink:

I hope you're working on a medium castle hehe. Here's an idea for a minimalistic military-themed castle/ installation PC bedroom.

Lord's Quarters for singles:

1 bed, 1 drawer, 1 closet, 1 desk, 1 bookshelf, 1 large chest, 1 secret wallsafe.

1 bathtub, 1 sink, 1 toilet.

1 fireplace, 2 opposing chairs, a coffee table or a 2 seater table for fast meals.

Perhaps an outdoor balcony or a secret secret door to a secret secret passage outside or a cave underneath. Hint: Batman!

Misc clutter up to you and not too many flowers.

The Lord's Quarters shouldn't be a semi-armory, semi-alchemy lab or a semi-library, semi-storage room, semi-treasury semi-garden or semi-display room. There should be other medium sized rooms and not ballrooms for those if it's a castle. It should just be for sleeping and some great modders fall for excesses like having bookshelves and mannequins and other repeating objects for decor everywhere in every cell. Thanks!

Its actually pretty close to that thus far. Heres the view from the balcony:

Holy sheath man, that's haunting! Reminds me of Age of Pirates, City of Abandoned Ships! A secret cave for pilot-able ships would do your home mod justice; perhaps the one like the film Underworld: Rise of The Lycans' cave-docks which Clan Corvinus used to escape in a ship in the ending of the film.

I'm very interested in your WIP, more screenshots please. :thumbsup: