More Appealing Waiting

conius7

I was thinking while messing with the "Set timescale to x" command. When I thought of something cool, Instead of a wait menu, perhaps you could turn it into a timescale thing.:

Hold down the T key and it sets timescale to 40 or 50. When it is released set it back to 20. Have a indicator in the corner of the amount of time currently being waited.

Do you think this is a cool Idea?

Hrm, there are a few issues with doing so, such as timed spell-effects (buffs / debuffs) don't run on the timescale, so when you sped time up by "waiting" those effects would end up lasting "longer" in game-time, which doesn't happen with the current waiting system.

I think it's a cool idea, but I also think it would be bad for lesser computers... On my midrange desktop, being a vampires standing in the un, using Frostfall, using Crating Takes Time, building a Hearthfire house would crash my game nearly every time as all that tried to catch up and happen at once when time passed. Trying to make the game work that much faster suddenly would make it weep.

But for better computers, if it worked out the problems with confused NPCs, a cool idea. ^^

This would be a very cool idea, but as said, it kinda makes the engine implode. I dont think it would be such an issue for low end pc's, my CPU is a mere amd phenom II x4 and i set the timescale up so that day and night lasted... about 2 seconds in total, maybe less and suffered no lag from that, whilst trying to get to a specific day for mod testing. But yeah, NPC's kinda get confused when they leave there home to go to work and its time to go to bed again before they get there. To be fair, so would we!