Metal Music

TheCalliton

Lol don't even whine about Mormons coming to your door, I live in Utah y'know. I cannot STAND those guys. Well actually, I can't stand religious people who won't leave me well enough alone about my religious status. I have no religion and all my friends are going to hell anyway so I might as well join em and have fun. I don't tell those people to be whatever it is I am. but I'll stop my rant before I get banished lol.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I don't get is why so many people hate nu metal. I liked bands like Linkin Park until they "changed their style." Apparently somebody declared nu metal and/or rap metal dead and now bands like Linkin Park and P.O.D. are changing their style to this soft and cheesy pop crap. I've seen lots of articles saying "nu metal is dead!" I'm not about to believe that. But I'll miss bands like Linkin Park cuz they're truly irreplaceable (and there was nothing like them). Even Korn is turning pop, though it's in a good way.

I think MonsterHunter gave an excellent example of why many hate metal: Unlike Lady Gag (yes, Gag), Its not tailored to everybody. The style may sound very uncompromising to the "casual" ear, and ear that has listened to soft pop music for far too long.. (i dislike pop music in general) :dry:

true. and a lot of people don't realize that most metal is more meaningful then alll the "pop" songs.

Felt a compulsive need to share.

New genra, Farmcore.

Wow, that was awesome...

But in reply to the first post - Why do people hate Metal ?

One of the main reasons I personally feel, is because it's a cultural thing ... people who like Metal are more often than not guaranteed to be white males from middle to lower income groups.

To main stream society, It's viewed as an anomoly, something that should be dead but isn't.

Many cant understand why the heck it's still around ... like ... why the hell doesnt it just go away and die - type thing.

Well I'm going to tell you why, it's because Metal is to white youth (and has been for a long time), what so-called "gangsta rap" is to black youth ... it's a cultural vehicle to voice your frustration

or whatever it is you may feel at the government, society, the cops, or about topics such as violence, poverty, sex, etc.

Yes, that's right, it is cultural - it has been adopted as the method by white youth to voice their opinion.

That does not mean that it is racist - it has just been adopted as the preferred music vehicle by "said" group.

Because of this being so, many do not like it ... it's perceived as racist, not necessarily true but we dont like it.

To parents ... it's peceived as drug related, and tooo noisy, so we dont like it.

To the government it is anti-establishment and therefore anti-law abiding, so we dont like it.

To the church it is ALL satanic ... (I have personally heard "born-again" Metal bands), but anyway, we dont like it.

Metal isnt going to be adopted by everyone but at least it will never fade away.

My older brother was nuts over the stuff and so were his friends, and they didnt really hate anyone ... but people will be people.

This comment of mine is not meant to be a racial slur against anyone or to put anyone down, it's simply saying it as it is in a open and non-confrontational way, neither

is it supposed to be anti-establishment or anti-church or even a rebellious statement agaiinst parents.

Luv... I could really point out why such music is "EVIL" (snickers evilly) but then we'd have a banable Religious debate.... myself I don't like metal just because I can't get into it.. just not my taste.... but otherwise.. I've always laughed at the so called "reasons" given to aviod such music... kinda makes it seem bizarre... but humanity isn't always accused of good sense very often.. Music IMHO is to taste.... I'm sure some people absolutely LOVE Slipknot and Gwar.... they are not for me.... but then I bet many people would totally dislike my taste in music too... we each have our own sense of what we like.. then other self righteous people demand we follow them without question and make assumptions based on their moral viewpoint right or wrong... so long as it follows their slant on everything... Music is music... leave religion and politics out of it. enjoy it or hate it.. but to each your own.

BTW.. I like Chris DeBurg. Superchick, Nickleback,Yoko Kanno and Seatbelts... soo many and yes.. even some country and hard rock... and even classical.

Luv... I could really point out why such music is "EVIL" (snickers evilly) but then we'd have a banable Religious debate.... myself I don't like metal just because I can't get into it.. just not my taste.... but otherwise.. I've always laughed at the so called "reasons" given to aviod such music... kinda makes it seem bizarre... but humanity isn't always accused of good sense very often.. Music IMHO is to taste.... I'm sure some people absolutely LOVE Slipknot and Gwar.... they are not for me.... but then I bet many people would totally dislike my taste in music too... we each have our own sense of what we like.. then other self righteous people demand we follow them without question and make assumptions based on their moral viewpoint right or wrong... so long as it follows their slant on everything... Music is music... leave religion and politics out of it. enjoy it or hate it.. but to each your own.

BTW.. I like Chris DeBurg. Superchick, Nickleback,Yoko Kanno and Seatbelts... soo many and yes.. even some country and hard rock... and even classical.

I know exactly what you mean by " ... such music is EVIL ...", most of my youth was spent rebelling against mommy and the neighborhood cutsey girlfriends.

But I do agree with you, Metal is not for everyone, and I gave my reasons why - honest reasons at that too.

True, music is personal taste, but as for leaving religion and politics out of music, damn it's hard to do that, I find it difficult to divorce them at times.

I also like Chris De Burgh, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumkins, R.E.M, Chris Isaac, Tiesto, Pink Floyd and some of the older rockers like the Doors and Led Zeppelin, to name a few.

As a matter of fact I dont even mind Strauss and that's saying a lot for me.

Wait, Nightwish is metal? I just always thought of it as rock.

I listen to only a small variety of music, but the different genres I do listen to are pretty far apart. For instance...

Rock from the 60s up to some of the 80s. (eg, Classic rock plus some limited stuff from the 80s, yes, including Michael Jackson)

Early rap -- we're talkin' early 90s MC Hammer here, things like You Can't Touch This.

Anime music, covering idol, J-Rock, J-Pop, and some J-Rap.

plus the J-Rock band Duel Jewel

Rammstein

Classical

Late 80s/Early 90s Country (eg, Garth Brooks, John Michael Montgomery)

Nightwish I discovered via an anime music video featuring

. I later found another one with "Dead Boy's Poem" set to scenes from Evangelion, and decided I might ought to look into this band. Imagine my delight when I discovered both songs were on the same album, which I bought as soon as I found. :woot:

And yes. I do think Tarja is superior to the new girl. :tongue:

Oh, and I'll go through half of those at least on a single usb stick plugged into my car stereo. :D

Examples:

Bathory - Enter the eternal fire.

I was with it, right up until the er...singing.. started. :dry: Guess I'll stick with...lighter fare.