Hell hath no fury like a playerbase scorned

ThetaOrionis01

I haven't been to 0.0 at all since Dominion, so I can't comment on lag issues there - but I've experienced pretty much none at all in high/lowsec. Even in systems with several hundred people, it's been fine. And like I said, Jita is better than ever.

And you can't reasonably claim they aren't doing anything to fix it. They already are doing everything they can, as they have said several times. Assigning more people to it would make no difference. And they've had more mass testing sessions on SiSi over the past month than they've had over the past 2 or 3 years.

Aye.

No trouble here, its only gotten better, and the recent patch and its subsequent changes cut my running costs 30%, if that isnt progress, what is?

Yes, they're angry, and anger is a powerful and useful emotion, in this case it seems miss directed.

Im not saying they should'nt be angry, Im saying they should shut their whining yaps and make sure their dial-up is actualy working BEFORE they call the waaaaaaahmbulance and swear up their devs in a grand display of immaturity and ingratitude. Ive been in those fleet fights Theta Orionis and I have had NO lag beyond normal levels on an entirely ordinary internet plan, and neither has anyone in my corporation, are you seriosuly telling me that I should then take it on face value that these fools are right and my pack wrong?

Im not going to pretend to know anything about or care what is wrong with sovereignty-my fleet has their own stations in deep space so planets are no more than windowdressing. If something is wrong, it will eventual be fixed or the game will die, that is how mmorpgs work, patience is a virtue.

Oh, do wipe the rabid foam off your mouth. Unless you are trying to come across as one of the 'basement dwellers' you decried previously you should steer clear of baseless insults and sweeping generalisations - you are only making yourself look like a common or garden forum troll.

Those 'fools' you don't want to believe include not only the leaders and leading FCs of major alliances, but also ISD reporters whose write-ups even make front page news. Those 'fools' include many network administrators, software developers and database admins - am I to believe that all these IT professionals are wrong, and you, someone whose posts reek of ignorance, are right?

I am interested to hear about which post-Dominion fleet battles you participated in and encountered no lag. Y-2? 49-U? C-J? H-W? The Geminate campaign? Please, give some examples and describe your lagfree experience of battles involving several hundred players (ideally with a link to a killboard battle report). I would genuinely like to read about how it feels to load grid, to be able to lock targets and not having to wait 10 minutes for modules to activate or deactivate, even with manual gun cycling.

Your terminology is somewhat unorthodox, so I am not sure what point you are trying to make. 'Your fleet has their own stations in deep space' - does that mean you and a few friends live out of a POS in a wormhole? Your corp owns stations in systems where your alliance holds sov? If so, did you build those stations yourself? Did your alliance fight for them, or rent them from those that did?

You profess complete ignorance and lack of experience of broken mechanics, yet you write off those that have to deal with those broken mechanics every day.

I'm afraid you come across as nothing but an arrogant troll.

Dark0ne, can we please have Peregrine back? Would love to see the Trollslayer Extraordinaire bring his unique style to this :laugh:

Calm yourself and re consider, Im no troll.

I am not foaming at the mouth nore rabid nor a troll, merely a man with a diferent opinion. Ive been speaking to my corporation and alliance, and only 6 of the 48 people Ive spoken to about lag describe anything like what you're talking about, and they all have low end systems and poor quality dial up connections. I said these people were foolish because at the time no one here had mentioned just WHO was making these claims. In my ignorance of that I simply assumed from what was being said that a tide of people had suddenly risen up claiming they had massive lag, which was somehow or other the faul of CCP. While at the same time, though I usualy move in a large fleet, inluding several capital sized vessels, neither I nor my pack mates have encoutred significant lag in recent years.

Were I trolling I would be trying everything possible to enrage you and everyone else further.

I dont want to cause an argument here, or to cause you or anyone else here anger or frustration, merely to add my own experiences and those of my corporation. If you consider my means of doing that trolling, then you arent understanding what Im saying, or I am not speaking bluntly enough.

If I really have made you angry however, then you have my apology.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a couple of points to add my 2 isk in:

First, you two need to take a chill pill and either agree to disagree or just stop. I've read all of this and both of you look like your troll raging whether it be nicely or flat out anger.

Secondly, I think both of you (and Term) are correct. Sure most of the time the game isn't that bad for lag. There are exceptions, including those indicated by Theta. I even experienced a forced log off for several hours not long ago and the system I was in had like maybe 10 people. However, that hasn't happened to me for a very long time.

Thirdly, I've played a number off MMOs, and all of them have this same problem. When numbers get big, in comes the ugly head of lag, crashes, and everything else in between. And the sad thing is, I've never ever seen it resolved no matter how hard it is attempted to be fixed.