ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Entries of Cyrodiil: A Goblins journey

Keanumoreira

I bit my tongue as it echoed down the caves corridors. If I wasn't careful, I would awake the entire clan, and that was one angry mob of Neanderthals you didn't want to challenge.

-Keanumoreira

That's just classic! This sentence was half tension, half joke; a well written chapter. Keep it up.

:laugh:

I didn't even think about that. Sometimes I just write good material without even realizing it. Glad to hear that your enjoying it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very excellent. I enjoy your use of a goblin misfit as a major character and your design of goblin society. Have read but fully intend to read again.

Graham, alias Maharg67.

That's one of the reasons why I wrote the story. Higher dominace within life, especially a civilization standpoint, fascinates me greatly. But what I'm really into in this catagory is the rise of civilization of another species on the same planet. The Goblins are kinda of like this, and I decided that if I could create a Goblin as wise as a human, then perhaps I could turn it into a good novel.

I had not so much "Gobo"- Fun since Jim C. Hines, Goblin trilogy!!!  :thumbsup: If someone would, as I was reading the last part, have made a noise I would have been scared and jumped. I admit, I was drawn into your story.  

I had not so much "Gobo"- Fun since Jim C. Hines, Goblin trilogy!!!  :thumbsup: If someone would, as I was reading the last part, have made a noise I would have been scared and jumped. I admit, I was drawn into your story.  

Thank you Silver, I hope you'll stick around for more. :happy:

4:15 A.M, the 9th of Hearthfire, the year of Zenithar, Era four of 436

The rustling grew louder, my curiosity broader, and when the bush began to toss about wildly, I knew something was up. As a natural instinct for self protection, I used a detection spell I had been practicing for weeks, tediously rereading the aged instruction scroll to help better conceal my ventures into the night from the clan. I was bathed in a swirling mist of pink, the spell washing itself into my eyes, causing my pupils to water severely. But the minute I opened them, they themselves turned, and stayed pink, at least until the spell wore off.

An inexperienced user would call the detection spell an ineffective one because your past perception still stays with you; they don’t realize that you have to seek out a life form by following a trail of pink wherever it may appear, and by following this golden rule, I got my answer for the sudden movements about.

The shape resembled that of the common forest rabbit…

But this rabbit was far from common.

Without warning, the creature leaped from out of the bush as it spontaneously combusted; entire flames circled around it until the defensive being fell to the forest floor without as much as a flinch.

I raced over to investigate such an abnormal phenomena, strangling the feeding fire to avoid a rampaging monster. Although a charcoal black and a stench that only a crazed mother could love, the rabbit was still surprising intact for such a brutal demise. At the nape of its neck was something that shouldn’t have been there, like finding a puzzle piece at a crime scene, a very macabre, cult like crime scene...

“What the hell?” I wasn’t too far off; the material was a skin of some sort, capable of harnessing the art of fire, something out of a nightmare.

It looked so accustomed to me, as if I’ve seen it somewhere before, but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it. But as I studied it closer, I noticed small traces of a levitating, red haze that seemed to have been bound to the skin. My heart compressed as the thought came to me, and the next thing I knew, I was there, digging through my stash for one book in particular.

The realm of Oblivion.

I tore through the pages like I was overcome with some sort of hypnosis, unable to pull away from the dark words printed to the paper.

I skimmed through each one of them as my heart was ready to leap out of my throat like the rabbit from that bush, stopping altogether as I found the passage I was looking for, ignoring the many rips of parchment along the way. I couldn’t resist reciting the words aloud; neither could I hold the book steady.

“In the Plane of Oblivion where Mehrunes Dagon is king, his ilk shall roam that kingdom. Each of their orders to which they are mentioned, classifies them as such:

SCAMP: Brown, nasty, throws fire. Most useful trait: It’s skin; perfect for fire potions…”

Its skin…Scamp skin…the very kind that I held in my hand.

Why was it on that rabbit when it combusted?

Something wasn’t right; some kind of law had been loopholed.

The book flew out of hand and from out of sight, surprising even myself as to how paralyzed with fright I was.

I stared back at that bush, wondering if I should creep over and pull it open to see what was happening on the other side. I slowly descended to my knees and crawled over, listening as a lot of ruckus filled the air. Clearing away the vines of leaves that obstructed my view, I found myself spying on a group of mages performing a ritual so unspeakable that even mentioning it could get your body impaled by an imperial sword, and those swords were sharper than a High Elf’s wit. But they weren’t Necromancers, just Mages, but they weren’t just any Mages, they were Arcane Mages, the most skilled and elite there were.

I gaped as dark swirls of magic rotated around their hands and onto the ground, summoning failed gates to Oblivion. I could see the black sands and crude marks where much bigger ones had been spawned, explaining why the skin in my hand hadn’t already disappeared. Summoning creatures native from Oblivion isn’t illegal, but actually bringing them into our realm is. What happens is that when one is called into our realm directly through a spell, that spell will ensure that the creature will return from where it came to ensure the safety of the realm. But the Mages where bringing them to stay permanently, which was strictly forbidden to be practiced. These people, whoever they were, used the Arcane University, where all Arcane Mages are trained, as an advantage to enforce the ways of magic for a religious purpose.

“They’re trying to reopen the gates.” I whispered, observing as they worked as a team.

“Gia, you’re going to get us in trouble with the law! If we continue to f*** around with something so unstable, someone is bound to notice. We better come back when we have mastered conjuration.”

“Enough! I will hear no more of this! We have trained hard for many years for this night, and I’m not about to let a bunch of wimps screw with my plans! Concentrate harder!” They put their hands together, almost touching, conjuring up another mass of dark magic, swaying it back and forth as if bending it.

“Damn it! I said harder! Concentrate it harder! No wonder why you’re all virgins! You can’t amount to anything!” The team tightened their hands; the flow of magic increasing with every sweat.

“I SAID HARDER!” The guised encouragement was like a ripple in the pond.

The entire group clashed hands, the reaction so tremendous that it created a massive shockwave, unraveling the topsoil from the ground, and blasting away all nearby foliage in the immediate vicinity, leaving the trees bare and cracked. But as quickly as it began, the shockwave ceased, suspending all the topsoil into the air, fusing them together into what appeared to be an upside down U. The ground rumbled as it landed in a chosen spot, and that’s when my blood turned blue.

“Azura! They’ve made one!” The outer shell stood there menacingly, appearing to be the Jaws of a momentous demon; rather it was a hellish realm.

“Heh…heh…heh…” Gia laughed malevolently, rubbing some of the scorched sands between her thumbs.

“Gia…what are you laughing about?” The previous Mage asked weakly, hardly able to stand up from the exhausting ritual.

“You…”

“Me?”

“Yes…Heh..heh..heh…you...you foolish little girl.”

“What are you talking about? We succeeded.”

“No Ora, I did.” She was puzzled by Gia’s sudden demonic tone.

“What do you mean?”

“What I mean my precious, is that I tricked you, all of you…and now…NOW YOU’RE GOING TO DIE; ALL OF YOU!”

“Wa-what? But why, why would you kill us, you friends, your family?”

“Family? You thought all those years we spent were considered to be like a family? You’re no wiser than your homicidal father!”

“You said you’d never mention that again!”

“I’ve said many things over the years my dear, most of them lies…But I wasn’t lying when I said a sacrifice would need to be done.”

“And what could you possibly gain from killing us?”

“Simple. The essence needed to rip through the barriers and into Oblivion. I need enough tortured souls to complete the portal; luckily for me, I have six right in front of me.”

“You wouldn’t! You said this was an experiment, to see if we could control Oblivion gates for the good of the empire! You lied to me!”

“And you’re just figuring that out? I needed a group of Mages far more talented than me to fulfill a dream I’ve been seeking ever since I watched the first Oblivion invasion ages ago.” Gia lowered her hood, revealing that she was a vampire all this time.

“You’re…you’re…”

“That’s right, a servant of the night, and a Mythic Dawn agent at that, retired of course. But once I regain access back to a world I once rejected, these people will regret ever trusting me to handle their war! With Martin dead, and everyone thinking I’ve helped them, I’ve set the stage for a perfect future province for Dagon! I can’t wait to enslave this pathetic race!”

“No…no it can’t be…you can’t be….”

“Enough with the talk Ora, I have big shoes to fill. There’s a time to enjoy, a time to grieve, a time to receive, and a TIME TO RE-TR-IEVE!” With the snap of her finger, Gia paralyzed her victims with a spell that she had been hiding up her robe, draining them of their souls and rendering their bodies empty.

Gia reassembled them as one, their beaten souls coming together to form a scorn so intense that it glowed a vibrant red, the essence that one used to enter oblivion. She directed it between the stone shell, lighting it ablaze instantly, forming a mature, Oblivion gate as "claws" erupted from beneath the surface.

My eyes burned as the sky turned red and thundered, forcing me to shield them, so is the power of these demonic gates, but I could see clearly as Gia's body disappeared inside. Although a very dangerous thing to witness, and a situation so traumatizing that it makes walking into to see your parents seem like a cakewalk, I couldn’t help myself to near the gate, just to see what it felt like, enthralled by its mystic glow.

A clever illusion...

The minute I touched the essence, I felt myself dematerialized, sucked within the underworld where hell ruled supreme.

My very own was about to begin…

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/944/541104-_42247406_oblivion_cut_super.jpg

I was never able to wrap my head around the dates...anyway, good writing K. Can I call you K?

LOL, yeah, they can be confusing. That's why I use Wiki. :laugh:

Sure, you can call me K. :happy:

Very excellent, Keanumoreira. I look forward to reading more.

May I call you Great Lord Keanumoreira of Universal Greatness? Or perhaps Keanu would be better? Or just K?

Very excellent, Keanumoreira. I look forward to reading more.

May I call you Great Lord Keanumoreira of Universal Greatness? Or perhaps Keanu would be better? Or just K?

You can call me the first one, just remove Moreira, but of course, that would be pushing it. :laugh:

Thanks for reading 67. :happy: