The Tea Party

Sinophile

28 members have voted

1. 1. Is The Tea Party Movement Dangerous

• No, they are a vocal minority with an inordinate amount of media attention.
    • No, they gain more members every day, but are good for the country.
    • Yes, they are a symptom of American ignorance, and a danger to America.

Ginnyfizz: You're absolutely right, Jim_UK does have a right to his opinion. I most assuredly was not trying to say that he didn't. But I almost got the feeling that he was trying to tell Surenas that she didn't have a right to her opinion, simply on the basis of what you have just said. That is, that your nation and France are the more powerful nations in Europe, and you are the ones who tend to rush to the defense of others during conflicts. As I said in my post, I may have misunderstood, but I almost had the impression that he meant that since you guys (and we) have the power and are willing to go to the defense of the less powerful, he might have been trying to say that they didn't have a right to voice an opinion. I think I am obviously mistaken in his intent, and if so I apologize; but can you see how it might possibly have been misconstrued that way?

You are right, Granny. I got that feeling too. That´s just how it is to be a small country in EU. I know for sure :geek:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People here are not the slightest bit interested in a European defence co-op.

Last helping.

Who do you think you are? The self-appointed representative of the Nexus? That'd be as farfetched as many of the "information", i.e. not even worth a penny.

Performing my own grandma still happily clung in Holland of 1944 is not part of my repertoire, fortunately. And it oughtn't be yours either. The US will find a solution for themselves in the matter of health care. May God help them.

:thumbsup:

tot ziens,

better take your protein pills, boys

http://www.abload.de/img/anne9hol.gif

I'm not the self appointed anything, I'm a member of the forum with a right to express my opinion as long as it's within the rules. You just have to look at defence spending and contributions to NATO, France who were nothing to do with NATO until recently have still contributed more on the world stage than a lot of NATO members. I'm not having a dig at the Dutch who do play their part, I won't name those who don't in case I offend someone but Google knows.

I guess it is time to step in and remind people what this thread is about. Going off-topic is a no-no.

Just so everyone is aware, "prior conversations" up to this point that are not related to the original post are now over.

Here is the original post in case you've forgotten:

The Tea Party Who Are These People?

I hear more and more about this particular party, not only from the internet, but from family members. It seems that the "Tea Party Movement", is gaining momentum. Quite frankly, I don't hold a high opinion of them. My question is, do they gain a lot of media attention because of their misguided and radical views, or is this a dangerous new trend in American politics?

• 3 months later...

Also, how exactly could the tea party movement be dangerous? Left wing protesters are much more violent than people involved with the tea party.

Oh yeah all those peace protesting ,non gun toting , health care for everyone types ,singing Lennon's "Give peace a chance" scare the hell out of me too.

As soon as I get up from the floor and stop laughing maybe I'll think of more dastardly plans they got in store for us.

I just Googled for riotous behaviour by the Tea Party and came up with this

Riot police shield Obama from Tea party grannies

Ooh my, dangerous old dears singing God Bless America. How very scary. Not.

I would laugh at your naive belief that left wing protestors are far less scary or violent than the Tea Party, Harbringe, except it isn't funny and isn't true. We have had plenty of violent Leftie protests in the UK to attest to that.

I just Googled for riotous behaviour by the Tea Party and came up with this

Riot police shield Obama from Tea party grannies

Ooh my, dangerous old dears singing God Bless America. How very scary. Not.

I would laugh at your naive belief that left wing protestors are far less scary or violent than the Tea Party, Harbringe, except it isn't funny and isn't true. We have had plenty of violent Leftie protests in the UK to attest to that.

The trademark of militancy doesn't differ between both [history lesson no-1] neither in words nor in deeds. Better get rid of them both before one gets shot dead in a riot or blown up by one of their Molotov cocktails and finally by selfmade rockets, eh? And by the way, grannies, especially mummed ones, are a very useful instrument in the militant propaganda of all extremists, as I vividly recall from my youth in Israel.

Edited by Surenas

I think the symptom of American ignorance is thinking we can just spend, spend, spend more than we are taking in, over and over, and then think we can just borrow more from China and print more money to make up for it. THIS is ignorance, and insanity at the same time. When both parties in power think we can do this, then we got big problems.

I think something like 90% of the Tea Party backed candidates won during the last elections, so they do have some political clout. I would rather see complete gridlock in the government, than I would Obama just getting a free pass to do whatever he wants. Them doing nothing just means they cannot do any more damage.

Edited by Chaosblade02