Minecraft

Retribution

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An office building? Heheheh...

Minecraft is certainly one of the best games I've ever played.

Multiplayer needs more work though. Too many damn kids.

Getting banned from a server for "griefing" when I didn't do a thing and were actually afk making lunch haha.

Even when the host was being told that I didn't do anything by others I were still banned....Pathetic...

Well...

I'm going to be staying Single Player Survival until something is done about that.

Already made my first texture pack for it and it looks great aswell as has great gameplay.

Can't wait for the beta and the finished product! =D

An office building? Heheheh...

Minecraft is certainly one of the best games I've ever played.

Multiplayer needs more work though. Too many damn kids.

Getting banned from a server for "griefing" when I didn't do a thing and were actually afk making lunch haha.

Even when the host was being told that I didn't do anything by others I were still banned....Pathetic...

Well...

I'm going to be staying Single Player Survival until something is done about that.

Already made my first texture pack for it and it looks great aswell as has great gameplay.

Can't wait for the beta and the finished product! =D

Two reasons why I havn't done multi-player. Once there's better integrated support, and once I can find a server which isn't publicly listed, I'll probably take another gander.

You know what I haven't seen yet... A big pie. I want to see a great big Minecrafted Pie =D

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee11/Conan_Lon/Misc/MineCraftPie.jpg

EDIT: Oops...forgot the silverware.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee11/Conan_Lon/Misc/MineCraftPie2.jpg

It's just about planning.

If you want something to go up quickly, lay a scaffold first: a platform you can walk on while laying the blocks.

Then just remvoe that when you're done.

A 4 story fully defensible, 350 metre tall watchtower takes me about 10 minutes to make with a frame, an hour and a half otherwise.

With scaffolds, always make sure they're a diferent colour to the main structure for easy dismantling, and try and sue something recyclable, since you'll end up destroying it. Then lay a walkway around going up and down the outer walls. This lets you climb up and down, and simply run around the outside laying a whole layer of blocks in a heartbeat,

It's all about planning out what frame you need to do what, a good frame can take minutes, even hours, off contruction tim, the bigger the structure, the bigger the time saved. They're especialy good when you are laying windows or really tall walls, but a good frame can save you hours off any large structure.

My current abode is a huge fortress mounted directly UNDER the sea, it's almost impossible to reach, nothing makes it in alive. It's got automated defenses gallore, my particular favorite being the indoor lava moat that I can toggle on and off-that and, the whole structure is compartmentalised, so if oe section gets over run by monsters, I can simply fall back to secure sectors, flooding the overrun chamber to deflood later.

I actually dug into the ground to "make" the wall for the pie.

Here is a water garden I just finished...the whole thing is floating on the water and the leaves serve as a partial view underneath.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee11/Conan_Lon/Misc/MineCraftWaterGarden.jpg

EDIT: When you can't find stuff, build a staircase to the heavens. Yes, there is an upper limit and I hit it!!!

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee11/Conan_Lon/Misc/MineCraftStairCaseToTheHeavens.jpg

In case if you're wondering how I got to the water garden area from the giant pie, I actually burrowed there like a zerg unit. I found the bottom by flooding the lava with water and dug down to see the black bottom. I then started building a rock / lava pattern just for fun which is the basis for how I designed the water garden. I found a LONG vein of gold while I was down there too. :)