The Elder Scrolls - RIse of the Horde

species5478

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Species5478, this is getting better as it goes on. I am waiting with real anticipation for what is coming next. :thumbsup: :devil: :yes:

Thanks for the comments! Lot's of homework this weekend, I was SO busy...next chapter coming up shortly. Your comments are welcome.

@Robco I changed the order of the words. Did that help?

@Maharg Let's pop some champagne every time a chapter is finished!

@K Your words always make me smile. Thank you!

@SilverDNA So... DNA was looking for proof? lol

Chapter 9 Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

My father, alive? I was sure I watched him perish…but I wasn't positive. This small sliver of doubt is what gave birth to the mountainous pillars of hope swelling inside of me. But I had to temper the excitement. Hope could be more dangerous than poison, and I was not in the mood to get ill.

It was dusk by the time I reached the Imperial City. Shimmering waves of auburn rattled across the horizon as I strolled along the Imperial Isle Bridge. There were a few people standing by the banister leading into the Arcane University. When they noticed me, one of them stepped in my way.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Official University business is none of your concern."

"Well I'm making it my business," The brutish Orc growled. "And you don't look like a Mage. There's only one reason why you're walking around here dressed like that..."

I tried not to acknowledge my scanty clothing, but the Orc and his Imperial buddies couldn't stop looking at me. "I was assaulted…and don't usually dress like this."

"That's what all whores say!" The Orc laughed, stepping closer. "You're going to pleasure me on this bridge. And when you're done, you're going to pleasure my friend's too!"

"Am I?" I said, using my telekinesis to fondle the Orc's belt. He smiled when I unlatched the buckle, and tugged at his trousers.

"You're groping me with magic? Will it hurt?"

"Don't worry," I said smiling. "This will be quick. The Orc licked his lips when I used my telekinesis to grab his hips. With a swift tug of my spell, I pulled the Orc's trousers down to foot level, and wrapped them around his ankles.

"Hey, what are you doing?"

Without answering, I pulled the Orc off his feet and lifted him upside down. "I'm not one of those whores on the Waterfront."

"Let me go sewer rat!"

"I'm not one of those, either. But if you want to be put down…" I strolled to the western side of the bridge, and held the Orc over the edge.

"Wait!" He panicked. "Don't let me go!"

Morus seemed to smile at the dangling barbarian. "Make up your mind, Orc."

"Do something!" He yelled to his friends. "Stop her!"

"Hey, I don't mess with girls who wear pentagrams!" Said one of them.

"I'm just a farmer!" Exclaimed the other. "Mages are above my rank! This one has a talking staff!"

"Looks like you're on your own, Orc."

He growled, but didn't apologize. So I lowered the disgruntled Orc to the bottom of the gulley before going about my way. I slipped into the Arcane University just before the evening supper bells rang. Yes I was famished; but the need to find clothing trumped my other priorities. I made my way towards the tower and was immediately greeted by the Arch-Mage.

"Isah, Isah, Isah…I sensed your arrival and came to meet you. Come with me. May I take your staff?" I gave him Morus, as was the custom, and followed the Arch-Mage to his private quarters on the tower's third floor. He smothered me with a contemptuous look the entire time. "I made half of the Mage's Guild look for you. This is not the time for unauthorized absences. Tamriel is in great peril…and where are you clothes? That's barely an outfit! I can almost see your…"

I sat on the edge of the bed and covered my chest with one of the Arch-Mage's pillows. He circled me before grabbing a spare robe from a nearby cabinet. I took it willingly as he stood by my side.

"What is that on your stomach?"

"I've been cursed."

"Let me see." Worry now chiseled the Arch-Mage's face into wrinkles. When I revealed all of the Devil's Pentagram, he leaned closer. "This is the work of a Master. No…something more than a Master. Where did you get it?"

I started from the beginning, and explained how I found and defeated Gorah. The Arch-Mage began pacing about and didn't speak when I finished the tale. I grew worried, and questioned him when the silence became uncomfortable.

"What's wrong? What did he do to me?"

"The Necromancer has sealed Gorah's key to your spirit so that when you die, only the Devil will be able to retrieve it. He performed kind of…magical surgery on you."

He was right. When I tried to remove the key from my spirit's grasp, I could not obtain it. "How is this possible?" I asked in amazement.

"This is why the previous Arch-Mage banned Necromancy before his passing. Tampering with minds and spirits is unethical, dangerous, and invasive. This particular curse has its roots in dark magic. Santa Ria, Mierqualos, and Enobi Bas Horum are some of the most powerful cults that practice dark forms of magic."

"Who is behind this?"

"Your curse is known as the Devil's Engagement. It will bind you to the Hellish being by the next eclipse. The Devil's Engagement is a very ancient Enobi Bas Horum curse that grows stronger with time. The sooner you can be dispelled, the better."

"What does it do? What do you mean by bind?"

"If the bond between you and the Devil becomes strong enough, he may decide to make you his bride. If that happens, the Devil will take possession of your body in order to commit suicide, and bring your soul into the Underworld."

I was frightened. No…near frantic! I could feel my heartbeat pounding like a Warhammer. "How do I get rid of the curse?"

"I will be difficult." The Arch-Mage said pausing by his door. "I must consult with the Universities' greatest minds to find the exact incantations that will sterilize the pentagram for removal. This is a dangerous time for you. There will be side effects."

"What do you mean?"

"Innocence is one of the greatest things to defile. This is why the Devil is drawn to virgin blood. Mages are even more appealing and when you add Gorah's key into the mix…I fear the Devil will find you irresistible."

"What can the Devil do to me?"

"I'm not sure, Isah. The Devil isn't a Daedra Prince. He comes from another realm. A place of great turmoil. Look out for crazed followers. He might attack you with insects, dementia, or invade your dreams with nightmares. You'll have to be prepared for anything."

"Will this interfere with my joining the hunt?"

The Arch-Mage laughed. "Hunt? You are no more qualified to hunt deities than a baker."

"I am a Master Wizard!" I yelled standing. "I found the first key!"

"You were lucky." He said calmly. "You don't really believe you're qualified to be a Wizard, do you?"

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Are you that blind to your beauty, Isah? You're a Mage befitting of marriage, but not the title of Wizard. I promoted you to this rank because quite honestly…I find you alluring and thought we had an understanding. Besides, it wouldn't look right if the Ach-Mage were married to a Journeyman."

I stood there with my mouth ajar. "I didn't earn my place among the Wizards?"

"Not with magic…" Said the Arch-Mage shaking his head. "You're a Journeyman at best. A Master Wizard at the age of twenty? Open your eyes. The next youngest Wizard is twice your age."

"And you just think that I'll marry you because…you say so?"

"Why would you say no? I am a fine specimen of a man, am I not?"

I was crushed. To think I hadn't earned my rank was bad. But to know it was only because I was thought of as…a piece of marketable meat, was demoralizing. The other Mages must have scorned my quick ascension through the ranks. Now I know why mischievous students were my friends. Even worst, they must have thought I was giving the Arch-Mage sexual favors for advancements. Even at this very moment…

I put on the new robe and walked to the door as my eyes watered, but the Arch-Mage barred me from leaving.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Away from you! I don't believe you lied to me like this! Am I nothing more than flesh to you?"

"You should feel privileged that I've taken an interest in you, Isah! Have you forgotten the filthy gutter rat you once were? Be thankful merchants brought you here to the University, where you could be civilized."

Aghast, I pushed the Arch-Mage back with my telekinesis, but he countered with a more powerful spell and thrust me against the wall. I couldn't move any of my limbs as he pinned me beneath a painting of Anvil.

"I can't let you walk away."

"Let me go!"

"Sorry Isah, but that's not going to happen. I'm putting you in the dungeon for your own good…I can't be sure if that's you talking, or the Devil. I will remove the curse. Trust me..."

"Let me go! I will not be your prisoner! Let me go! Let me go!"

The Arch-Mage conjured a spell that turned the entire room into a cloud of smoke. I could feel my mind and body drifting away. There was no way of stopping it, and the two of us were sucked inside the cloud and transported to a darker place.

The Devil? Could he come from our world, a place of great turmoil, or at least Hell as we know it?

What darker place, I wish strongly to read more.

:thumbsup:

:yes:

:devil:

Well the thoughts of Isah where more interesting but the devil side kick was nice too. As Always I cant wait to read more then now we gt to some (D)evilsih things. ;) :D ;D 8) :devil: Edited by SilverDNA

Thanks guys! Love reading your replies...they're like Birthday presents, or reading fortune cookies! Some people say the fortune cookie is the best part of the meal...

@ K - Thanks for response!

@ SilverDNA - Really? That's great...I don't want to feel like I'm blabbering though, so I try to write only relevant info.

@ Maharg - Yes. It is the Devil from this realm...

Next chapter will be posted in a few minutes.