Dialogue views broken

Mattiewagg

I was working on my mod, Immersive Quests, just fine, until it began crashing every time I closed a certain topic.

Every single time I closed that topic, it would crash. So I tried the Player Dialogue tab instead of Dialogue Views, and finished the dialogue topic with no errors.

Yet, then, when I tried to even open the VIEW that the crashing topic was part of, it would crash my game. I made a new view for a new branch, which worked fine for a little while. Then, it would suddenly crash after I added a link (for any topic in that second view). So I finished it in the Player Dialogue tab.

I tried reinstalling the CK, but it didn't fix it. I've not even played Skyrim recently. Any idea what the issue could be? I sort of like my Dialogue Views. Also, I can't create new branches in the Player Dialogue, which might mean a new view for like... Every branch. In the future, that is.

I'm worried perhaps my .esp is corrupt, which would be horrible, because I'd have to go back a LOT.

EDIT: And now that I edited the second view's topic in the player dialogue tab, it too will crash my game if I attempt to open the dialogue view. :wallbash:

Edited by Matthiaswagg

Attempt to do something with Tes5Edit? Sometimes, it can be more useful than the creation kit (I've added all the dialogue in my minor Windhelm mod in Tes5Edit).

I cleaned it and checked over for possible errors.

I'd prefer not to have to add dialogue via TES5Edit.

Also want to note that I've verified the local files, but to no avail.

Tried verifying, didn't work. Even tried deleting the flowchart.dll and verifying. Still crashing every time I try to open those two. I figure those two are just corrupt, but now we have to see whether that means it will keep corrupting them.

I just tried it in a completely new .esp and there were no issues. It might be wrong with Immersive Quests itself. I'm going to roll back to a version there were no issues. First though I'm going to try copying into a new .esp, even though I doubt it will work.

Hopefully everything works for you, matt. Seems like load of work. I would cry if that happens.

Have you tried to give it to someone and see if it crashes? Maybe it just your CK? Sometimes things like that happens.

I doubt it would be since I've reinstalled it twice now, verified, and other .esps work.

I'm going to try and see if it's just this quest first, and then I'll try copying into a new .esp, and if all else fails I'll roll back to when I just finished Disrupted Service proper and leave out the villain part.