Need help crossing Nifscope obstacle!

Corehound

Hey every1

I am sorry that I have to ask this question again, but it seams that no1 have been able to help me with this as of yet, and it's really the only obstacle :wallbash: in my way at this point, so I'm really getting desperate :sad:

Can any1 tell me why it is that when I open an armor or body in Nifscope, and then change the scale of some of the NiTriStrip flags (i.e. "spine" "thigh" "calf" and so on) they look fine in Nifscope, but in-game the changes revert back to their previous scale o_O

Is it not possible to make permanent scale changes on a model with the use of this tool?

Another problem I have is that when I try to modify an armor by adding bits and pieces to it, like pouches, holsters and leg drop gear, they don't move with the body part I add it to, this is mainly the case with drop-leg pouches/ holsters, when the leg moves they stay static. Is there a way to somehow anchor them to the body parts they are adjacent to, so they will move when they do? Or is it not possible to do this Nifscope?

Please be aware that I am very low in experience on these things so please don't use any "big" words :P

Any help will be much appreciated

With best regards

Corehound

"Cry havoc and let slip the Corehound of war!"

Hey every1

I am sorry that I have to ask this question again, but it seams that no1 have been able to help me with this as of yet, and it's really the only obstacle :wallbash: in my way at this point, so I'm really getting desperate :sad:

Can any1 tell me why it is that when I open an armor or body in Nifscope, and then change the scale of some of the NiTriStrip flags (i.e. "spine" "thigh" "calf" and so on) they look fine in Nifscope, but in-game the changes revert back to their previous scale o_O

Try right clicking on the node in the blocklist, selecting mesh > transform > edit. Make your changes and then right click, >mesh > trannsform > apply. (I don't have nifscope on this comp, so it might be somewhere slightly different to that.)

Another problem I have is that when I try to modify an armor by adding bits and pieces to it, like pouches, holsters and leg drop gear, they don't move with the body part I add it to, this is mainly the case with drop-leg pouches/ holsters, when the leg moves they stay static. Is there a way to somehow anchor them to the body parts they are adjacent to, so they will move when they do? Or is it not possible to do this Nifscope?

Please be aware that I am very low in experience on these things so please don't use any "big" words :P

With best regards

Corehound

I'm not sure if it's the same for armor as it is for weapons, but if it is... you have to make a copy of base "piece" and then copy your shape data over the top of that in order to inherit the animations.

Good video tutorial on that here:

(Although I will note that if one of your nifs has nitristrips data and the other 'shapes you have to convert one of them before you have paste the data over. Do this by right clicking the node > mesh > stripify/triangulate.)

Hope that's helpful.

Hey every1

Try right clicking on the node in the blocklist, selecting mesh > transform > edit. Make your changes and then right click, >mesh > trannsform > apply. (I don't have nifscope on this comp, so it might be somewhere slightly different to that.)

With best regards

Corehound

I'm not sure if it's the same for armor as it is for weapons, but if it is... you have to make a copy of base "piece" and then copy your shape data over the top of that in order to inherit the animations.

Good video tutorial on that here:

(Although I will note that if one of your nifs has nitristrips data and the other 'shapes you have to convert one of them before you have paste the data over. Do this by right clicking the node > mesh > stripify/triangulate.)

Hope that's helpful.

Awesome thx m8ie :thumbsup:

The "mesh > transform > edit > apply" approach is the method I have been using, and it doesn't seam to work most of the time :sad:

Will have a look at the video right away, thanks for the link :thumbsup:

With best regards

Corehound

because those bone references in the outfit nifs are just that. bones references for the skin. not bones. the bones are in the skeleton.nif.

Is it not possible to make permanent scale changes on a model with the use of this tool?

possible yes. just not on some collision shapes, and not one things that are rigged.

It's spelled Nifskope. with a k.

I would not do this in nifskope myself. but it maybe possible if circumstances are right.