Two Worlds II Nexus?

Deleted1149589User

How about Mount&Blade Warband? It can be modded... I've seen mods made for Oblivion used in that game, like Zira's horse mods, converted and used in Mount&Blade.

Modding mount&blade is not really userfriendly and as far as I understand only 1 mod can be used at once with mount and blade.

Yes only one mod can be used at once, but those mods are overhauls. You can also use aditional mods, that replace textures, add new armours/weapons and change the gameplay. It just does not have a data files like Oblivion or better said it's different from the one Oblivion has.

Also I think the game isn't common enough to justify a big site like that.

I don't understand what you mean... :ermm:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes only one mod can be used at once, but those mods are overhauls. You can also use aditional mods, that replace textures, add new armours/weapons and change the gameplay. It just does not have a data files like Oblivion or better said it's different from the one Oblivion has.

Yes but this means, the amount of mods released are smaller and can easily be handled by mount&blade fanpages.

I don't understand what you mean... :ermm:

I mean, that in my opinion there would be barely enough mods for m&b to fill the top 100 list. Nexus is good for games, that really have a pure mass of mods, that no fanpage administration could handle. This is not the case for M&B.

You are right about that. I only imagined that if there would be a MBWNexus it will help or at least speed up the process of making mods for this game. You know, having so many talented modders around, I thought that some would start to mod for MBW. Many modders moved from Morrowind to Oblivion, than from Oblivion to Fallout3 and Dragon Age Origins, modders that did not knew about those games before. :smile:

Well, this is all mods made for Warband (Excluding private ones and unfinished ones): Warband Mod List

Based on that, I don't think it's necessary with a Nexus site for it.

But as you said, Push, more people would probably start modding MBW if a Nexus was made for it, but there's only one way to find out - and that is up to Robin to decide if he thinks it's worth a shot.

You are right about that. I only imagined that if there would be a MBWNexus it will help or at least speed up the process of making mods for this game. You know, having so many talented modders around, I thought that some would start to mod for MBW. Many modders moved from Morrowind to Oblivion, than from Oblivion to Fallout3 and Dragon Age Origins, modders that did not knew about those games before. :smile:

Since so many games are modable nowadays, why not instead open a general nexus, for those games, that are modable, but with less audience or possibilties than bethesda games. We already have forums for some of them, why not a nexus site. This would in my opinion the better way. Just take a look at DANexus. Dragon Age was a really popular game, but the file section is relatively empty because the DA Toolset is just far more complicated than the Construction Set and and the game less easy to customize. I took a short look myself on DA Toolset and M&B as well, but hadn't the passion to get into them. M&B has the hugh downside, that only one mod can be used at once, this is really a turn down to start modding it.

A general Nexus sounds great and it might make some people happy, people that like some games, that are not so popular, yet moddable, or people that simply play other games that Nexus has not "supported" so far. I only see a big negative thing that might occur. With the freedom to talk about every single game that can be modded out there, the general Nexus would probably be a messy place, with tons of information about so many things that will most likely confuse people, especialy new members....

A Nexus for games with not too many mods could work simple with categories named after games, rather than the oblivion / morrowind aproach. It would be easily expandable in the future, though searching would be a bit less practical though.