Two Worlds II Nexus?

Deleted1149589User

Heh... if you had the console version of TW back in the day, you could plug in a USB keyboard and use all the console commands as if you were on a PC, no xbox modding needed. It was pretty funny at times. But, you could only do it in single player.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

128000x128000 pixels in size!? Huvavahh!? Whhaaat!!?

Yeah, that part bugs me too.. How the hell can a computer even run a game that uses such textures??^^

But, to quote Bauul on that site:

"The megatexture works by having a SINGLE texture that contains the visual images for the entire map. It doesn't mean it all gets loaded at once (duh), just that all the texture information is held in one single file. Takes ages to render, but takes less time to display when playing the game. It's a brilliant idea (naturally, this is id) and should do wonders for the game's look. But obviously, calculating the display map and shadow map for a texture that's 8 square miles would take an age, hence their comment. It's nothing to do with consoles, and it's everything to do with a better end experience for the player. Now stop your trolling all of you and calm down."

Hm, that's clever, but it's one of those ideas that I can't see working. I mean, UV mapping on a small clutter object is irritating. How many developers committed suicide trying to map the entire world onto one image?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies guys, sorry been away for a while, didn't get chance to log-in. The PC version of Two Worlds II is released on 17th September. I've been following the progress of the game for a long while now, it does look stunning, and very similar to Oblivion, and it's a true 'sand-box' game, like Oblivion, where you're not restricted to a dull plot line, A to B to C... etc.

Mount & Blade sounds good, will have to check it out.

By for now =)

• 1 month later...

Ooh, that's gotta hurt!

When there's a will, there's a way. If modding is possible on an alleged simpler scale, it can most certainly be implemented on a mega level. They're just trying to hurt confidence.

Not that I'm hopeful. It just might not be possible anytime soon.

Two Worlds II has been delayed in many parts and will not ship with an SDK. It might be released later after the launch of the game. However with the game delayed in most parts until next year it's likely an SDK won't come out for quite some time.

Two Worlds II has been delayed in many parts and will not ship with an SDK. It might be released later after the launch of the game. However with the game delayed in most parts until next year it's likely an SDK won't come out for quite some time.

How about Mount&Blade Warband? It can be modded... I've seen mods made for Oblivion used in that game, like Zira's horse mods, converted and used in Mount&Blade.

How about Mount&Blade Warband? It can be modded... I've seen mods made for Oblivion used in that game, like Zira's horse mods, converted and used in Mount&Blade.

Modding mount&blade is not really userfriendly and as far as I understand only 1 mod can be used at once with mount and blade. Also I think the game isn't common enough to justify a big site like that.

Mount & Blade modding is absolutely not user-friendly compared to Oblivion, Fallout 3 or Dragon Age! It's all made in Python, and consists mostly of text-editing actually.

More mods can be used at the same time, but only a few. Some mods on the other hand, have to be used alone.

So I don't think another site is needed for M&B, as Taleworlds own site is good enough for that scale. :)