FPS

DrWalliceBreen

There's an easy way to post your mod order...

If you use OBMM...click the Import/Export button and click "View Load Order", that will make a list for you, then you can just copy paste it here :)

Hmm well, Oblivion may be old, but it does take quite a bit to get it to run very nice. If you are running many mods, especially ones that have scripts and AI changing packages, you are putting a lot of stress on the CPU. Your CPU is only 2.0GHz...I ran the game originally on a 2.6GHz dual core. Worked well, but I bumped it up to 3.2GHz (DO NOT overclock unless you know how to/have a mid-high end range motherboard/Good PSU) and things load much smoother. Mods I use...I don't use a lot of script changing packages though, but after so many mods, the game starts to struggle a bit.

I'd suggest more RAM too...older computer? Might only have 32 bit Windows. You can put an extra 2 GB of RAM in there...but it will only recognize 3.5GB of the 4 in a 32 bit operating system. Still, that extra 1.5GB will help tremendously :) You cannot use that RAM booster...also heard it's not recommended for use if you do have more than 2GB in a 32 bit OS.

Graphics card is a bit on the older side as well....think that might even be AGP instead of PCI-Express. You meet the minimum requirements to play it...but if you are using mods with high resolution textures, it will eat up VRAM quite quickly.

I'd suggest lowering your resolution a bit, closing an unnecessary background processes, and fiddle around with the in-game settings. Other than that, save your pennies and get a new beast ;)

I'd tell the moderators to move this to technical support, there's a lot of helpful people that can give you more ideas :)

Opps Bit of a mistake there, in the wrong area

My load order:

Oblivion.esm

Open Cities Resources.esm

HorseCombatMaster.esm

Lattamerv3.esm

ShieldOnBack.esm

bookplacing.esm

CM Partners.esm

gardening.esp

Book Placement v2.esp

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

DualWielding.esp

Island Home.esp

Havok Ladders.esp

marcQuickChar.esp

Reznod_Mannequin.esp

za_bankmod.esp

tda_ScytheModv1.2.esp

LE_GrowPlants.esp

AltEnchAndSpell.esp

PT-AyleidSanctum-WithAltars.esp

Natural_Water_by_Max_Tael.esp

Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp

RealisticForceHigh.esp

Natural_Vegetation_by_Max_Tael.esp

Natural_Weather_by_Max_Tael.esp

Cheydinhal Petshop.esp

CapesandCloaks.esp

KT_CustomRaceFix.esp

Book Jackets Oblivion.esp

VanityCameraSmoother.esp

PJs Spell Compendium - No Requirements.esp

DecoratorAssistant with OBSE v1.1.esp

Portrait Painter.esp

personality_idles2.esp

SamVimes's Feint Death.esp

Knights.esp

SafeStoneblocks.esp

Side's Sailing Ships.esp

Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp

Amajor7 Imperial Furniture.esp

actors_in_charge.esp

Champion's Mansion.esp

Sauron_Armor_Chest.esp

Unlimited.esp

def_bp_25_ne_Mystic Night Elf.esp

Cooking Mod v1.1 - Nuhmbuh1.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

EFGAddPose.esp

Akatosh Mount By Saiden Storm.esp

KnightsBabFemaleArmors.esp

StandingJOJO.esp

DarkIllusionArmor.esp

ClocksOfCyrodiil.esp

Loth's Lich Pauldrons and Harness.esp

Beautiful People.esp

BasicInstinct.esp

Kanthan Estate Empty.esp

Elves Of Lineage II.esp

bondage_sex.esp

shinyEmotions.esp

aaaWindSpear.esp

CTAddPose_v_1.esp

archfall_house.esp

GlenvarCastle.esp

Eroblivion.esp

Nightshade_Armor.esp

Halcyon Island_lowconflict.esp

CTAddPose_ bondage_sex.esp

Exnem1 Moonwell and Mystic Night Elf.esp

Slof's Sexy Anims.esp

Trainer.esp

77_Umpa_Animation.esp

Shield on Back 3.1.esp

Syc_AtHomeAlchemy_No_Bounty_v2.esp

Enchantment Enhanced.esp

Alastor.esp

Hammerfellbeachhouse.esp

exhDual_Wield_Complete.esp

Vexend Race.esp

ashbringer.esp

Tyrael Armor.esp

SetBody.esp

AutoBookPlacer.esp

PowerAttack Voicemod - The Shivering Isles.esp

Warglaive_1C.SoB.esp

Apachii_Goddess_Store.esp

ElsweyrAnequina.esp

NexonsArmoryENG.esp

Castle House Update.esp

MrPwner's Falling.esp

FormID Finder4.esp

NewEnchantingAndSpellmakingOptions.esp

AleswellHomeFree.esp

RenGuardOverhaul.esp

Resurrection.esp

MidasSpells.esp

Oblivion Collectible Cards.esp

New Frostmourne Sword by Jojjo v1_0.esp

Dark_Seducer_and_Golden_Saint_Race.esp

Bruma House.esp

Lich King's Helm v1_0.esp

DeadlyReflex 5 - Combat Moves.esp

Summerset.esp

Valenwood.esp

Valenwood_Anequina_Patch.esp

Crossbows of Cyrodiil.esp

Levelled_Resurrection_Spell-8428.esp

icearmor.esp

Quest Award Leveller.esp

Quest Award Leveller - Knights of the Nine.esp

CastleEltz.esp

CuteElf11.esp

Saber's Warglaives.esp

Saber's Doubleaxes.esp

Saber's Doublesabers.esp

Saber's Doublekatanas.esp

Daedric Lord Race.esp

Kyoma's Journal Mod.esp

CM Partners.esp

sexycompanion.esp

CM Partners Extra NPCs.esp

CM Partners Marker NPCs.esp

CM Partners More NPCs.esp

CM Partners NPC.esp

CM Partners Special NPCs.esp

DKImperials.esp

Moonshadow Elves - Sc.esp

Golden Saint Race Edit.esp

Golden Armour.esp

Imperial_Watch_Armor_Enabler-2012.esp

Peace Island.esp

I am not blushing for some of the mods i have in there :blush:

Still, that extra 1.5GB will help tremendously You cannot use that RAM booster...also heard it's not recommended for use if you do have more than 2GB in a 32 bit OS.

Even if he got an extra 2GB of RAM, wouldn't he be unable to use it in Oblivion without the RAM booster? I thought by default Oblivion is only allowed to utilize 2GB, whether you have 32 bit or not.

You don't have much in your load order to blush about, no worries. A bondage pose mod? So what? I see people all the time posting a LO that's got stuff like Sexlivion, Slof's Boners, Estrus and every kind of unusual Japanese tentacle mod ever created. No one's going to think less of you for the mods you use. The very fact that there are so many sexual mods available says that lots of people want that sort of thing. Live and let live, I say.

I have just tried oblivion again, it does not lagg in first person, just in first person, especially in the wilderness. scroll up to see load order

I tried Oldblivion and it does not work

It just crashes

Edited by DrWalliceBreen

Your CPU is only 2.0GHz...I ran the game originally on a 2.6GHz dual core. Worked well, but I bumped it up to 3.2GHz (DO NOT overclock unless you know how to/have a mid-high end range motherboard/Good PSU) and things load much smoother.

I just wanted to say I completely agree on this. Don't overclock unless you know what you're doing. I know quite a bit about it and even I've killed a few cpu's over the years.

Basically it's way easier to just buy a new computer and not from wallmart or whatever. Find a trustworthy site that lets you configure your own computer but put it together for you. Then ask for some hardware advice on forums so you know what stuff to put together.

I think it can be done pretty cheap these days for quite a good pc.

However if this is out of the question ($$$ wise as it is for me ATM). Try reinstalling oblivion with maybe half the mods.

Just my 5 oere as it's called here in Denmark. :)

Mhh here come the ultimate master Exoduis! heehee

Nah seriosuly have you tried running it in 1240x1280 in windowed? have you tried toning the shadows lower? have you disabled obGE?

on a personal note... an excellent replacer to Sexlivion and Bondage Pose, there is Gorangas Prostitution System

Still, that extra 1.5GB will help tremendously You cannot use that RAM booster...also heard it's not recommended for use if you do have more than 2GB in a 32 bit OS.

Even if he got an extra 2GB of RAM, wouldn't he be unable to use it in Oblivion without the RAM booster? I thought by default Oblivion is only allowed to utilize 2GB, whether you have 32 bit or not.

Yeah...but his system now is using every bit of RAM he has right now. Windows 7 takes about 1GB to just sit there and do nothing :P XP...lemme see here...right now it's using 727 MB....but I have Firefox open here...and my soundcard drivers are pretty bloaty (stupid Creative).

Originally had 2GB RAM when I started playing this. My boyfriend handed me down Windows XP Pro 64 and bought me more RAM. Getting the extra 2GB made Oblivion run better because there was more RAM available for Windows to do it's business. When all your RAM is full...well ya guys know...it starts using the page file on your HDD...and HDDs are very very slow compared to RAM. That drops performance.

I've just heard that it's not recommended to use the RAM booster in a 32 bit OS....trying to find the post about it...

Ahhh...you using Open Cities? That's quite the killer on a lot of systems.

Yeah...but his system now is using every bit of RAM he has right now. Windows 7 takes about 1GB to just sit there and do nothing :P XP...lemme see here...right now it's using 727 MB....but I have Firefox open here...and my soundcard drivers are pretty bloaty (stupid Creative).

Originally had 2GB RAM when I started playing this. My boyfriend handed me down Windows XP Pro 64 and bought me more RAM. Getting the extra 2GB made Oblivion run better because there was more RAM available for Windows to do it's business. When all your RAM is full...well ya guys know...it starts using the page file on your HDD...and HDDs are very very slow compared to RAM. That drops performance.

I've just heard that it's not recommended to use the RAM booster in a 32 bit OS....trying to find the post about it...

Ahhh...you using Open Cities? That's quite the killer on a lot of systems.

Ive got quite alot of disabled mod, Open cities is one of them, i didnt feel it was that good