Hate Crimes?

edgeburner

Just exactly what is a "hate crime"?

Does hate distinguish and judge by race, gender, nationality or religion?

I really have a hard time grasping this concept.

For example, I'm a white Christian male, If I assult another white Christian male that I hate, it's not a hate crime. If I do the same to a White/black Muslim of any gender, it is surely a hate crime.....Even if I don't actually "hate" them.

Perhaps the folks that designate and attempt to qualify such terminology are the ones who harbor real hate in their hearts?

It is only a hate crime if the basis of your attack was their race, religion, or gender.

Just exactly what is a "hate crime"?

Does hate distinguish and judge by race, gender, nationality or religion?

I really have a hard time grasping this concept.

For example, I'm a white Christian male, If I assult another white Christian male that I hate, it's not a hate crime. If I do the same to a White/black Muslim of any gender, it is surely a hate crime.....Even if I don't actually "hate" them.

Perhaps the folks that designate and attempt to qualify such terminology are the ones who harbor real hate in their hearts?

It is only a hate crime if the basis of your attack was their race, religion, or gender.

That may be the case, however, YOU are not the one making the determination. You may beat the crap out of some guy that is a different color than you, because he slapped your girlfriend, or something similar, but, because you are not of the same skin color, it is deemed a "hate crime".

They could say it all they like but they would still have to prove that race/religion/gender was your primary motivation in order to convict you of the crime. I'm basically only referring to law enforcement and the court system, of course. You guys might be talking about in more general terms.

that depends on who is doing the observing. Those people with a chip on their shoulder will alway default to that chip, no matter what the reality is, because they have their own reality and everything outside of that they find a place in their reality for it to fit. It's not about the worlds hatreid. It's all about theirs and in their world they always win because it's inconceivable that they should loose.