What is your inspiration?

phatpaid0x

Most people have something that gives them the inspiration...Be it a thought or a movie or a book or a comic...

andi'm curious... what's YOUR inspiration for any mods you've work'd on?

Mine is alot of retro-futurism pics... 50s idea of the future is a great thing for inspiration to me..

Well I started out just playing vanilla games back when mods first came out. That was great because it was like anything you noticed or thought up would be a good mod. It still works though, go play a vanilla game an you'll get tons of ideas. It's kind of harder to get awesome ideas nowdays, short of having your own personal muse. I found a place I can get wicked ideas but I'm not telling anybody. :P

Put your MMM spawn rate on 6-8 an see what you think about downtown, if you even go there. hahahaha I'm just messing with you Chuck, it's very true though. I only go there if I wana die. You might shed some of that negativity if you were to venture to the offical fallout 3 site an click vault then read diary entries. This explains a lot about why things are the way they are, besides being hillarious. The conceptuals help a lot. Then the Charicter play through changed my whole view of how to play fallout 3. Don't blame me if after a few diary entries you're ready to play a vanilla game again...

Dreams. They start every project I do.

The huge mod I'm working on now was started because I had a dream that contained in a single night of unknown inspiration this whole project - and it has been under development for 11 months. No idea how my brain manages to pack so much creativity into a single burst, but it has inspired entire novel outlines and paintings that way since I was 3. I have a dream, and a week or two later I end up taking six months off to toil away on sketching out what I imagined. I forget to eat, work and sleep in between boughts. It's intense. It's kind-of getting old after 22 years of life. Causes a lot of problems financially, and in relationships.

After that, my dreams get sucked into problem solving mode until the project is complete, and I can get away from them until I finish. Dreaming about solutions to GECK map questions is helpful, but does wear away on my spirit.

I'm just altering it as I see fit. I suppose that some of my guns might be inspired by unreal tournament three. And I have the tendency to listen to old 40's music when modding. But it's mostly inspired by whatever comes to mind and seems to fit in the wasteland.

...Not to mention I have nothing better to do.

mostly I'm just practicing, for example:

i want to practice SubD modelling, hard surface and metal texturing. I make a cyberman. ;)

I want to practice sculpting organic models and texturing, I make Guyver II. I can get practice in with slight cartoony or realistic in the textures. And I could experiment in with cartoon/cell shaded materials as well. ;)

or helping other people with their mods.

very rarely do i make the weapon or armor I will actually play through the game with. that happens maybe once per game. so twice in about 4 years lol

Absolutely nothing.

My mod(s) spur from a duplicated cell where I drop a random piece of hall or wall or door. Past that, I go aesthetic then functional. That is to say, I complete the construction bearing in mind proper proportions (object a would feasibly sit on top of object b in construction terms) then make quests and stuff. Arbitrary.

Quite a variety of replys to this... very nice reading..

each has their own ways.

i noticed that i'll be watching an old 50s sci fi movie and see something I like in it...then i start to think well poo i wouldnt mind adding THAT and it kinda goes from there.

sadly my geck skills are quite subpar and so i dont get much done. tho i'm still learning. maybe someday i'll release a few mods that people go hey not bad i like this mod.

dreams are great sources of inspiration for ideas

I started writing down and making notes of mod ideas... just so I have notes for it. might release my mod idea notes sometime if i never get good enough at making my mods