If only TES told you about the character before you start the game as a prisoner

marat569

Basically we all start as adults (there are mods that let you "grow up", that isn't canon so doesn't count), and randomly prisoners for doing x crime and freed, because we're magical in someway.

It would be cool to know about who we were before, as a child, our family, etc -- depending on race of course.

Some people like making back-stories, but I like canon. At the moment all I know about my character is that he was born on a wagon as an adult.

Basically we all start as adults (there are mods that let you "grow up", that isn't canon so doesn't count), and randomly prisoners for doing x crime and freed, because we're magical in someway.

It would be cool to know about who we were before, as a child, our family, etc -- depending on race of course.

Some people like making back-stories, but I like canon. At the moment all I know about my character is that he was born on a wagon as an adult.

Lol, I guess they did that for more freedom in back story. But in Skyrim two people ask about your family. So they maybe going that way.

Lol, I guess they did that for more freedom in back story. But in Skyrim two people ask about your family. So they maybe going that way.

What you do off the jail cart is "freedom", but canon lore is canon lore -- and so far canon only tells us I was born on a wooden cart with no women present as an adult -- somebody on that cart is an amazing mage with powers far beyond alduin to be able to produce the main character in those conditions, in such short notice.

TES6 will be about the mage who spawns adults with no women in jail. We have to put the end to his crime.

The Dragonborn's entire life history isn't and won't ever be part of the canon. History will record some of the deeds of the Dragonborn, but even the race and sex of the person who saved the world will be forgotten. Sorry, but giving a predefined personal history for the character just isn't how the Elder Scrolls series is structured. That sort of character background would be limiting to many players and if variations were allowed (for different races, etc.) then it would create conflicts or inter-dependencies between the games.

In Skyrim it's not even clear that you've committed any crime. You may have just been at the wrong place at the wrong time to end up on that wagon.

For Elder Scrolls games you have to either make your own personal backstory or just accept the fact that whatever happened early in the Dragonborn's life didn't matter and go with the flow of the story from where it starts.

The Dragonborn's entire life history isn't and won't ever be part of the canon. History will record some of the deeds of the Dragonborn, but even the race and sex of the person who saved the world will be forgotten. Sorry, but giving a predefined personal history for the character just isn't how the Elder Scrolls series is structured. That sort of character background would be limiting to many players and if variations were allowed (for different races, etc.) then it would create conflicts or inter-dependencies between the games.

In Skyrim it's not even clear that you've committed any crime. You may have just been at the wrong place at the wrong time to end up on that wagon.

For Elder Scrolls games you have to either make your own personal backstory or just accept the fact that whatever happened early in the Dragonborn's life didn't matter and go with the flow of the story from where it starts.

You never know, we never knew we'd get dual wielding

It will very interesting if you can answer stuff or do stuff in the start that can be related to back story or you role play, the Skyrim start let you chose two people to be with (not much of a change.) but I guess in the next game you can do way more.

Maybe an help outlaw that will lead you to the TG guild if both of you broke free, saying no means you want to not break the law or don't want trouble. Maybe later monsters attack and you can chose to help the guards out by picking stuff from the dead man etc.

Edited by Boombro

It will very interesting if you can answer stuff or do stuff in the start that can be related to back story or you role play, the Skyrim start let you chose two people to be with (not much of a change.) but I guess in the next game you can do way more.

Maybe an help outlaw that will lead you to the TG guild if both of you broke free, saying no means you want to not break the law or don't want trouble. Maybe later monsters attack and you can chose to help the guards out by picking stuff from the dead man etc.

It would be cool if you can build your character's relations with people around your actions but not affect the main quest or something you can't undo. Say you become a person who follows the law and well respected with authority and that gives you negative standing with the thieves guild -- there should be a way or a quest chain to change things around, changing your allegiance.

It would be cool, but not restrict any content or limit you in power, that will make a "cookie-cutter" build.

Something such as chat dialog, discounts in town, more unique items sold to you were your respected, etc.. but nothing "permanent". That could build your story up, a story of a person who rose to power and betrayed the city to join the thieves guild for money and power. A quest were they need you to prove you're a corrupt politician or something.

Do you know what would be really needed? Another side of the main quest, something like the dawnguard DLC. The DLC can help us to know Bethesda plans in quests. In the base game we can build or kill the DB too. That means the new game quests will be way more dynamic. Skyrim quests takes you to nordic tombs, because you are the dragonborn, and in those word walls you can use that means bye bye forced tombs! (hopefully.) there also the civil war, it doesn't change much, but it can be also used as an example. People said that the opposite party should attack them right away, but maybe Bethesda was experimenting?

For the city and AI we can look at Skyirm, the locals and guards know if things happened or if you killed someone, while in oblivion you if get a quest completed only, that means we will get something even better in the next game for sure. AI is improving a lot lately in video games.

At least the game will be pretty enough to the point you won't need that many texture mods. lol.