Can not upload screehn shots to Dragon Age General Image Share

Spaceritual

I am having trouble posting screen shots to the general Dragon Age Image share, I can upload to the premium one okay and do screen shots for files I have downloaded but I can not post to this area.

i get the following message

Site error

The site has run in to a problem, please look at the error message below...

Reporting this error

If you believe this error is due to a bug on the site then please use the contact form to let us know. When reporting this error please include this page URL with your report: www.dragonagenexus.com/members/imageshare/do_addimage.php.

anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Edit, All screen shots are jpg and around 200 kb

Is the image a straight screenshot from Dragon Age or have you followed the guidelines detailed here? I can upload fine to the normal DANexus image share so there isn't a problem with the uploading script from my perspective.

If you can upload the image you're trying to add somewhere else and then link me it, or add it as an attachment to this thread I'll try and upload it myself.

Dark0ne, have you looked into ImageMagick?

If there is a way you can detect if a thumbnail is generated or not, you might be able to batch re-create all the DA images and make new thumbnails using this command-line converter (which can re-save JPG files in the correct format)

Works for Windows and UNIX

If you cannot detect thumbnail problems, you could have it simply re-save every image as JPG with a certain amount of compression (such as 80% quality). That way, if somebody uploads a BMP, JPG or PNG, they all get save as a JPG with some compression on them even if the uploader forgot to enable compression...this would completely void my image conversion tutorials and automatically save the site bandwidth by using the right format type and compression. :thumbsup:

LHammonds

If there is a way you can detect if a thumbnail is generated or not, you might be able to batch re-create all the DA images and make new thumbnails using this command-line converter (which can re-save JPG files in the correct format)

Works for Windows and UNIX

If you cannot detect thumbnail problems, you could have it simply re-save every image as JPG with a certain amount of compression (such as 80% quality). That way, if somebody uploads a BMP, JPG or PNG, they all get save as a JPG with some compression on them even if the uploader forgot to enable compression...this would completely void my image conversion tutorials and automatically save the site bandwidth by using the right format type and compression. :thumbsup:

LHammonds

Could you possibly link me to your tutorials ? I have recently really got into screen shots , there is some amazing stuff on all the nexus Image Share sites.

Thank you , very fascinating articles and will help with my screen shot postings :)

The site makes use of ImageMagicK already. The issue is that ImageMagicK doesn't like the extraneous data that BioWare decided to add to the start of the screenshots taken through the game.

The site makes use of ImageMagicK already.

DoH!!!

If I get some time today, I'll see if a DA image file can be hacked into submission and let you know if I succeed in finding a way to make it a compliant image.

UPDATE #1: In the 1st example DA image, it seems there are 14 extraneous bytes before reaching the Exif information. Still researching....

UPDATE #2: I need to find a truncating utility that will strip x number of bytes from the beginning of a file. Once I do that, I can see if it is still a valid image file and then see if the upload works. If so, we may then be able to code an identification program to recognize the 1st 14 bytes and truncate if it sees them.

The thing is it might be more or less than 14 bytes depending on the name of your character, location of screenshot, etc.. The hope would be that BioWare added some sort of marker to mark the end of the extraneous data and the beginning of the actual image data so you could split the content between extraneous data and image data in an array. I didn't really spend much time on it because at the end of the day there's more important things!