⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

New premium member feature - notifications

Dark0ne

I already commented saying this feature is Awesome. I just wanted to suggest one thing.

On the next update you make to Nexus, could you maybe think about extending the latest files to more than 10 pages. Uploads seem to be slamming in here like they are going out of style.

Their are so many members joining everyday. And it seems alot are missing out on the great mods that are available. Members like myself see their uploads come and go in a matter of days. Then it seems they are never to be heard of again.

Im thinking like 20 to 30 pages of the latest files should suffice. any user who is a regular on here would be able to see all the latest files uploaded without missing anything.

Anyway this is just a thought Dark0ne. thought Id throw it your way. Thanks for making this the best mod website to date. Cheers!

clintmich

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Members like myself see their uploads come and go in a matter of days. Then it seems they are never to be heard of again.

You could always just make a small change to the description, as EmptyPuppet was doing for awhile, and it will be on the list every day.

That said, new players and people returning from hiatuses are far more likely to use (and far better off using)the 'Top Files' and Categories pages sorted by 'downloads' or 'last updated' to find Mods they missed.

@Offkorn Yes you may be correct in saying this. But updating a description everyday seems a little unnessary. And, it quite frankly is a pain in the You know what.Especially if a modder has 20 or more mods posted on here. How can you keep up?

Just a thought

clintmich

But updating a description everyday seems a little unnessary. And, it quite frankly is a pain in the You know what.Especially if a modder has 20 or more mods posted on here. How can you keep up?

'Tone' doesn't carry well over text. Let me clarify: I consider that behavior to be ridiculous and overly narcissistic.

There's no reason to expand the Updated Recently page when 95% of it is those type of 'updates'... especially since going into a category and sorting by 'Date Updated' will show a new user every file available (along with pictures and descriptions).

@Offkorn My suggestion wasnt to expand the updated recently section. I was suggesting extending the Latest Files to more than ten pages thats all. Im not looking for a debate here. I was simply making a suggestion.

also suggesting my behavior to be ridiculous and narcissistic is completely uncalled for. As I said before, "Updating a description everyday is a little unnesesary", and I wouldn't do it anyway.

I just think it would be nice to have a bigger Latest Files section. Not because of narcism, but because of the fact that it only has 10 pages.

People can be quite over-sensitive sometimes...

But to my point of the comment, I like the updates myself, I haven't fully tested it though, so I cannot form a precise opinion of it, but I'm liking it so far. I guess I like being lazy. :P