Pitt Ending: Is that all there is?

yk0520

Was anyone else disapointed with how the Pitt ended up? Having to chose between 1: Side with Ashur and hope things improve under the slave lord or 2: Side with Wernher and liberate the slaves,only to have the Pitt possibly descend into chaos (as well as condemning a now orphaned Marie to a life of misery with the apathetic Medea and an abusive Wernher) was somewhat of a letdown.Get some nice gear,boost to rad resistance,goodbye and hope things work out for you. Overall,the designers left alot of lose ends that need to be tied up.

Would love to see at least some additional options for the end of 'Free Labor" such as speech/skill checks to do things like bring ghouls in for the heavily irradiated areas, open trade with the outside to bring in raw materials/food/clothing/meds and maybe contact/reconnect with the BoS to bring the purifiers into the Pitt.

Another possible option would be seeing the results of your actions and the cure research,along with how Sandra or Medea would progress.Would Sandra get better results but take longer, or would Medea get faster results at Marie's expense.Maybe an option (if you sided with Ashur) to have Medea work under Sandra (convince Ashur she had nothing to do with the kidnapping plot) for some good karma.

There's some real potential here for very skilled modders.

The designers wanted to show that its not always a happy ending to everything. And succeeded at that.

Medea wouldn't hurt the child, she cared for Marie just like Sandra. Its clearly said all over the place that Wernher would rather just get the cure regardless of the state Marie would be in, while Medea insists on taking the time to care for the child while carefully finding the cure.

Bring in ghouls for the heavily radiated areas? Why, the town clearly has a disease they need to find a cure for before any ghoul would willingly go there (imagine a ghoul sick with Pitt disease).

If you side with Ashur, the city would no doubt grow into a huge raider city that would take over other cities just like he explains his master plan is. Inevitably a raider will take over some day and what then? Imagine a city like that filled with raiders attacking, say, you. Ashur says he'll release all the slaves when he has the resources he needs. You have to think things through yourselves, (for the first time?). You'd realize he'd never get enough resources. Even if he did I don't think the other raiders would be happy with all the slaves leaving, afterall, theres always a crappy job no one wants to do that slaves could be forced to do. Mutiny would arise, and Ashur couldn't possibly survive forever, thus, Raider city.

Would like to see some changes be made though if I visit the place again after a certain amount of time, but I don't think anyone is really motivated enough to go through all that.

EDIT; Owh snap, this ain't the spoiler section btw.

Yeah, but it's still dumb.

Siding with Ashur made me feel ashamed first, but I learned this was the greater good. Something bigger, a revolution. I believed it would effect the pitt bigtime, making the slavery gone, transforming into free labor with proper payment and improvements in the workers life.

When I hot back to the pitt after 1 (game) month I got highly dissapoint. Nothing changed, not even a single shop operated my workers, not single populated apartment or former slaves lingering arround.

I got like "WTF ? THIS IS IT ? ALL THOSE THINGS I'VE DONE AND NOTHING HAPPENED ?"

As soon as got all the way to one of my wasteland homes I quit the game in a mild rage. Damn, that was frustrating. >:(

So yeah, I understand the designers wanted to have a somewhat open end for the story, but for me it was just unfinished. I'd appritiate a mod like that. By the way, who's gonna voice act the main characters ? o_O

The designers wanted to show that its not always a happy ending to everything. And succeeded at that.

I guess what I'm looking for is less of a "happy ending" and more of an aftermath to the final quest (Free Labor) to show some results/consequences of siding with either Wernher or Ashur. If you remember one ending of Oasis, you turn Harold into a living terraforming device and,in time, the wasteland becomes more green.

Though maybe not as dramatic, you should at least see the results of the cure research over time, such as an additional booster shot for poison resistance,etc.Also a few sidequests based on who you sided with (Werhner having to deal with the breakdown of the social order of the Pitt,Ashur facing another possible coup.)

Bring in ghouls for the heavily radiated areas? Why, the town clearly has a disease they need to find a cure for before any ghoul would willingly go there (imagine a ghoul sick with Pitt disease).

Ghouls are not just rad immune,but healed by radiation. As for disease resistance, it's unknown if TDC or other human diseases would affect them or to what extent.And with Ashur in charge, he might just make a special order from Paradise Falls.

If you side with Ashur, the city would no doubt grow into a huge raider city that would take over other cities just like he explains his master plan is. Inevitably a raider will take over some day and what then? Imagine a city like that filled with raiders attacking, say, you.

Unless he hand picked a successor capable of holding things together, more than likely the Pitt would descend back to the chaos of pre-Scourge times with raider factions fighting each other for control. As for Wernher, even Midea doubts he can hold things together the way Ashur was able to. Possible outcome: Scourge 2.0

I don't recall Ashur ever saying that he was going to go conquer other cities, and by my standards I'd say some of the Raiders from the Pitt actually aren't all to bad, like Phantom, theyre a lil rough around the edges ya, but look at how much of a female dog Midea turns into if you side with Ashur, and how Werhner even admits that he was willing to sacrifice the kid, and after reading the logs found in Ashur's house I decided right then and there to side with Ashur on both evil and good characters.

Ashur doesn't actually say hes gonna conquer other cities (there aren't any other cities?) he says he "might expand his city and maybe take over some settlements if he finds any" or something along those lines.

The great thing about The Pitt is that no matter what option you choose theres gonna be a bad side to it. You might side with Ashur for whatever reason, it'd be just as wrong as siding with Wehrner.

Now to the topic, I'd like to see some changes being done to the area, sure. But I'm not keeping my hopes up that someone will take the time to make alternate paths depending on what the player decided to do and all that.

Yeah you're right forerunner93, some of them were quite cool. Like Bingo.

I know you said something along the lines of "Bingo." if you killed him ^.-