Removing Necromancy From Serana?

Havenost

I've been thinking of doing a mod for this, but for some reason, Creation Kit always crashes whenever I try to load Dawnguard. Look up a console command guide or ask for help around here or on Bethesda's official forums, someone should be able to tell you how to get rid of Serana's necromancy. And if you find anything, please let me know! I have been searching for a way for Serana to stop zombifying my friends but haven't been successful yet.

I've been thinking of doing a mod for this, but for some reason, Creation Kit always crashes whenever I try to load Dawnguard. Look up a console command guide or ask for help around here or on Bethesda's official forums, someone should be able to tell you how to get rid of Serana's necromancy. And if you find anything, please let me know! I have been searching for a way for Serana to stop zombifying my friends but haven't been successful yet.

for your CK Dawnguard issue, this might help or this (also bugs section)

Yeah Serana raising corpses can get quite irritating at times. Mods like Hunterborn need you to use the corpse, and she decides that deer or wolf would be more useful against the almost dead (or already dead) enemy. :P

I have a personal mod that gives Serana the Conjure Boneman/Mistman/Wrathman spells from the Soul Cairn after the player learns them. As she learns those, I take away her original necromancy spells because I also got very tired of her raising every enemy we fought.

I could create a version that keeps her from ever using any of the raise undead spells, but I would need suggestions on what else to replace the spells with because just removing them would leave her weaker than she is intended to be.

I have a personal mod that gives Serana the Conjure Boneman/Mistman/Wrathman spells from the Soul Cairn after the player learns them. As she learns those, I take away her original necromancy spells because I also got very tired of her raising every enemy we fought.

I could create a version that keeps her from ever using any of the raise undead spells, but I would need suggestions on what else to replace the spells with because just removing them would leave her weaker than she is intended to be.

I would rather her have nothing, I use UFO and so I already have an army of followers... don't need more friendly fire. If something has to be given, maybe give her a destruction spell? Like flames or sparks?

Also just wondering, doesn't half the things in skyrim have frost resistance? Doesn't that make her ice spike spell ineffective/weaker?

OK, I've added some options to the personal mod I've been using. I'm calling it Serana Learns Soul Cairn Spells but it can be configured to simply remove the undead raising spells. Since it's configurable I'm not going to worry about making her too weak if you disable more of her spells.

By default, Serana will now learn Conjure Boneman, Conjure Mistman, and Conjure Wrathman along with the player. She will no longer use the area effect Chain Lighting and Ice Storm spells. After learning the Soul Cairn conjuring spells she will stop raising dead. And if cured of her vampirism will stop using Drain spells.

Everything except removing the Drain spells when she is cured can be configured using four configuration variables that can be set from the console: AllowRaiseDead, AllowConjuring, PreferConjuring, and AllowAreaSpells. (The ReadMe has more details.)

AllowRaiseDead can be used to prevent her from using any of the standard necromancy spells as requested.

AllowAreaSpells can be switched to give her back the Chain Lightning and Ice Storm spells (if you like having her hit you and other followers with them).

AllowConjuring can be switched to keep her from learning the Soul Cairn conjuring spells.

PreferConjuring is what tells her to stop using raise dead when she learns to conjure, but if you switch it she'll conjure and raise dead.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to Necro this thread but it's of great interest to me and I can't find a more recent one.

If I recall correctly, Serana has an attached script that adds new spells as she levels. I read that script once since I noticed she only has a few basic spells in her record. When she hits a certain level she gets a new spell. I'd bet that script runs more than once so if you remove the spell she will get it again later. Giving her alternative spells likely masks the outcome of those spells getting added back since there is a formula for which spell an NPC will use when they have more than one.

I don't want her to conjure anything at all since friendly-fire against conjurations always results in a fight with the thing she conjured. I wonder if setting her Conjuration Skill to 0 would stop her from using any Conjuration spell.

Setting her conjuration skill low should work. Did you try the mod I made and then uncheck the Allow Conjuring and Allow Raise Dead boxes in the MCM? My mod alters the script which gives her the spells so that you have control over which ones it gives her.