Which gane shoukd I play?

mongoose56

So I recently had jaw surgery and its been wired shut for about 3 weeks, which means about another 3 to go (oooh I just realized I'm halfway through :D lol). I have a bunch of somewhat old PC games that I want to play but I have so many I don't know what to start with.

I have:

Fallout 3 (I've beat it before but I've been playing this for a while for the mods)

Fallout 1 (started it but didn't get very far)

Dues Ex (only had enough time to play the training missions, watched the intro but never had time to actually play)

Prototype (been playing this along with Fallout 3)

The Witcher Enhanced Edition

Divinity II Ego Draconis

Jade Empire

KOTOR 2

Portal

Fallout 2 (probably wont start this until I finish the first one)

Out of these which would be the most "addicting" because whenever I have a backlog of at least 4 games, I can never get into a game because I'm always wanting to play the other games, not because the game I'm playing suck, but because of that whole "is the grass greener on the other side?" kinda thinking.

btw if it matters, I can play 2 games simultaneously without losing interest in one or the other.

Thanks in advance :)

Portal. It'll only take a few hours and leave your concept of video games reeling. Especially the credits. Do not skip the credits. I think I made a t-shirt out of the ASCII art in them once.

Well Mongoose, I read that list and I could honestly not help but smile. Some real classics there.

The Witcher is a masterpiece, a true bloody masterpiece, I'd recomend it more than the other, as it's like a really good book. That is to say, it's a portal to another realm. Deeply enjoyable.

Likewise for Dues Ex, another of the finest games ever made, I've never played a copy I owned myself, but my few short glimpses and the vast respect it has in the general gaming community are enough for me to honour it. Superb game.

Jade Empire-lol yet ANOTHER classic, well worth a play. Not up to par with the legends mentioned above, but well worth a play. This is not as mind blowing as the Witcher or Dues Ex, but it's still a fine RPG, and a hell of a lot of fun.

Ok, as for addiction factor, I'd say The Witcher. It's got a magnificently beautiful world, truly excellent plot, story, combat, AND the moral decisions actualky have some weight. Eg, doing the right thing as it may seem early on, and letting an Elf buy some weapons off you, rather than just killing him because of his race, will be rewarded by him using said weapons to murder your informant out of race in a medieval drive by.

You'll be sucked in, that I assure you, and you wont want to get "un sucked" in until you've finished the whole damn thing. I'ts an adult game in that it's got sex scenes-but, because it's actualy an adult game, it's handled in a method other than "yay!, boobies!" as it is in certain other recent and criticaly acclaimed RPGs. (mass effect, I'm glaring at you, again.)

I've been playing Portal for a good hour now (taking a break) and damn that game has this weird, creepy atmosphere to it but it really is an amazing game.

I'm still not sure what other game I'm guna play now/next, I've gotten about the same amount of recommendations (combined from other forums as well) for Deus Ex, Fallout 1 and The Witcher, but I've been told The Witcher is a very long game and I will want to "pour" hours into it so I think I'm guna leave that until last or the middle

I've been playing Portal for a good hour now (taking a break) and damn that game has this weird, creepy atmosphere to it but it really is an amazing game.

I'm still not sure what other game I'm guna play now/next, I've gotten about the same amount of recommendations (combined from other forums as well) for Deus Ex, Fallout 1 and The Witcher, but I've been told The Witcher is a very long game and I will want to "pour" hours into it so I think I'm guna leave that until last or the middle

I'm actually thinking about getting the witcher myself since the price has come way down. It's a pretty long game though eh? That part has me heistant. These days I only get a couple hours at the most a night to play anymore and that's quite often split between other games I play and modding Oblivion.

I'm actually thinking about getting the witcher myself since the price has come way down. It's a pretty long game though eh? That part has me heistant. These days I only get a couple hours at the most a night to play anymore and that's quite often split between other games I play and modding Oblivion.

Yea I feel you on that man, I'm the same way, or I was before my surgery. I could only ever play games at night and then I'd be waaay too tired to get any progress done, so I had games pretty much sitting there, half done.

Edit:Beat Portal! Great game, amazing ending and the song at the end maybe me laugh (well not laugh because my jaws wired shut lol). I think I'm guna play Dues Ex next and either Fallout or Prototype along with it.

It's worth it Kai.

Trust me, it's a game you'll be glad to have. it may be long, but you don't need to play it all in a rush. The enhanced edition is basicaly in book format. That is to say, broken up with a regular good save point. It's a very good game, I can totaly recomend it.

It's worth it Kai.

Trust me, it's a game you'll be glad to have. it may be long, but you don't need to play it all in a rush. The enhanced edition is basicaly in book format. That is to say, broken up with a regular good save point. It's a very good game, I can totaly recomend it.

Yeah, that's probably the edition I'd get. I love the idea of weapon switching and actually having a need for it because of strategy.

It works really well I assure you.

Only two other games have a more satisfying axe either. Torchlight and WarHammer 40,000: Dawn Of War II, neither is as fair comparison as DOW is a top down rpg with an RTS mode, and Torch Light is a genre unto itself.

But yeah, the claymore kicks ass because it's pretty slow but devastating, but in the hands of a Hybred like the loveably unloveable Geralt, it's as fast as a snake and has great range, and you can swing it around in huge arcs that slice and dice pretty much anything in front of you.

The axe is a right and proper axe! It's a big stick with a pointy blade that smashes and bashes and rips and tears but takes about six years to swing. But god, when it lands, that wet crunch... You'll come to love the *thwook* *SPLAT!* *gurgle* *death* sound scape.