Morrowind Graphics Extender

Guest Plugin Manager

If you are having problems installing this and getting it running you need to read the freaking manual. It's spelled out there. Update your dx9 with the latest redistributable and you will get rid of your dx9 problems.

This isn't a mod, it's a tool. Read how to properly install the tool. It'll take you all of twenty minutes to read it and install it correctly. I recommend reading the manual twice first and going from there.

There is some prep work involved in using this tool. It's worth every minute it takes to prep, install and configure it.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used this before on a much, much, much, much better system before. And I know for a fact that this is a great add-on to prolong Morrowinds Longevity a little bit.

But I am now playing on a laptop, and it contains an Intel 945G. Now, I know that this isn't the best of all cards, but I know it supports all version 9.0 features (Not 9.0b or 9.0c) and I also know that is has a bit of SM2.0 support. But, when I can't activate anything in the MGE Control Panel due to a lack of SM1.4 support, it kinda has me bothered. 'Cause either my card really is that half-assed, or maybe the MGE isn't properly recognizing my Cards Potential.

*On a side note, I'm going to tweak around to try and "Fool" the MGE and see if my card can really handle what it says it can't. So if I can find either my card is lacking or the app isn't recognizing the Card properly I'll report back. But I know that my Card lacks T&L, and I'm kind of 60% sure that distant land isn't part of the T&L category, but then again, I'm not the one who wrote the shaders to tell if it requires T&L or not. So feedback on that would be nice too.

*Also, the Sourceforge links aren't working right now. So I have the version on this site until otherwise, so that too might be a problem.

Yeah it was my vram 256 mb luckily I ordered a 512 mb PCIE video card so it should work better. PCIE rules. For those who need better video cards go to www.mcmelectronics.com or www.newegg.com. For those who have enough money theres 2g vram and 3gb vram on one of those though it usually costs 400 through 1200$. Also thank you Nexus for letting us have forums for help and to check to see if the mod you want is good enough for you're computer. Good job keeping the site running. Peace. Edited by Camonna Tong

So I start up again. First I remove all Elder Scrolls III software and registry entries. I then proceed to boot into windows in VGA Mode. I uninstall the video driver/software, and reboot in VGA Mode. This time I install an earlier driver for my video, 182 instead of 190.

Back in windows after restart, I am now installing Morrowind. On my computer, takes about 5 minutes. For S&G, I also install the Construction Set, even though I do not plan on using.

I move onto Tribunal. This takes about the same time, if not less than Morrowind did. I do the same with Bloodmoon. Now with both installed, I run the applications without any modding done. I am not using any cracks, mods, or patches other than what came with the GotY edition.

I played through the game, and it played as expected. I now put in mge3.8-SVN_rev-0116.7z, and when I launch the game, it doesn't launch. So I remove the added files and throw in mge3.8-SVN_rev-0115.7z, which also doesn't launch. I go back to revision 0116, and this time I use windows Debugger and open MGEgui.exe inside debugger. Now this gives me,

APPLICATION_FAULT_LOADER_INIT_FAILURE_80000003_MGEgui.exe!Unknown

Before I proceed any futher, I take a look at the BGE Wiki to see if they offer any suggestions. Now I do see

Problem: MGEgui doesn't start, I get a message "Application failed to Initialize"

Cause: MGE cannot access the .NET functions it needs. Install Microsoft .NET 2.0.

Now I did do previously a full install and got all of the updates I needed, but I am going to explore the possibility. So I am now downloading DirectX 9.0c, which an updated was released in March 2009. Also downloading .Net 2.0, and .Net 2.0 sp1.

So I tried to install both .net, but they both wouldn't let me due to the fact that I had a higher version already installed. I did get DirectX installed. Trying again. It worked. Hopefully it is as simple as just installing the newest version of DirectX, and even though I can probably update my video driver, I am too superstitious to do so and thus, will just keep it that way until my research with Morrowind is complete.

This confuses me, as I did everything before I possibly could, including update my DirectX9.0c. I can only assume is that it is everything combine that allowed this to work, because at one point it did. My specific problem was that Morrowind MGEgui.exe failed to load, but now it does after the DX9c update. Try loading March 2009 SDK update, it might help you.

I'm very interested in knu's ssao and dof.

I have mgegui 3.8.0.116, i read that in this version you have to change "thisframe" to "lastshader" also in the first shader. Done. But still does not work.

I have hardware shader and update shader variables checked, but still when i turn on the shaders, the screen goes black...

Could you help me?

Thank you

edit: fixed. well i don't really know what was the problem, with phal's d3d8 HUD preserve 1 I got it right.

Edited by mechast

• 3 weeks later...
I'm running 3.8 yet the game keeps crashing being of a problem with Cliff Racers, any help? The game looks amazing with this, but it crashes whenever a cliff racer comes in range.

Also check the refresh rate for your monitor to see if it has 30 or 60 in it. If you can run a higher refresh rates for your monitor, it will help.

If that doesn't work, Reduc the screen resolution. I had 1280 x 1020 and lowered it 1080 x 768.

Hi there. ^_^

Just installed Morrowind GOTY with expansions, v1.6.1820

tested it and it worked fine.

Installed MGE 3.8, following the documentation supplied at Source Forge.

I have installed:

Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon in the correct order; v1.6.1820.

Microsoft .Net 3.0 (already on my computer)

DirectX 9.0c. The August 2009 release.

Visual C 2005 Redistributable, and

Visual C 2008 Redistributable

Computer Info

Vista Home Premium + SP1 (x64 bit)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

Core 2 Quad @ 2.83GHz

4GB RAM

(also, Vista's UAC is turned off and I've tried running MGEgui.exe as administrator.)

I've unzipped MGE to the correct location, but when I try to run MGEgui.exe, I receive the error:

MGEgui has stopped working

The problem details are as follows:

Description:

Stopped Working

Problem Signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: mgemui.exe

Problem Signature 02: 3.8.0.116

Problem Signature 03: 4a12f81b

Problem Signature 04: MGEgui

Problem Signature 05: 3.8.0.116

Problem Signature 06: 4a12f81b

Problem Signature 07: 23

Problem Signature 08: 10

Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 3081

If I try to run Morrowind after unzipping the MGE correctly, I get the following message...

Error: MGE is not configured. Please run MGEgui to configure it before launching Morrowind.

I'd really like to be able to use MGE. Is it possible for me to replace the MGE files I have with pre-configured MGE files so Morrowind works? Would it be worth uninstalling Morrowind and expansions and doing a fresh install with MGE 3.7? What other advice can anyone give me? I'm willing to try most things, but the graphics driver is newly installed (don't know where the and I don't want to muck that up, and I'm not changing the operating system.