Morrowind Graphics Extender

Guest Plugin Manager

why are peope still plaing morrowind, in a few months elderscrolls 5 will be out, and ur playing number 3. im not saying u shouldnt be, im asking why.

Well, for a start, it is rather unlikely that ESV will be out in the next year, let alone the next few months unless I have missed a major announcement. Secondly, many feel that Morrowind has a great storyline and general gameplay that was lost when moving to Oblivion. And thirdly, with graphics mods and other additions, such as MGE, it is possible to bring Morrowind almost to the graphical standard of modern games.

Plus, it's enjoyable just to go back and play for nostalgic value, if nothing else. Just a few reasons that I can think of :P

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why are peope still plaing morrowind, in a few months elderscrolls 5 will be out, and ur playing number 3. im not saying u shouldnt be, im asking why.

Great games don't stop being great because they're old, anyway with the right mods it can be brought right up to date.

This is a beautiful mod, The next best thing to Bethseda actually remaking the game (i would like that alot :D)

I have actually been brought around to the opinion that Morrowind > Oblivion, as many say it's because of the gameworld, it is so rich and varied, and full of life.

Oblivion feels empty in comparison, its so full of wonder.

anyhoo, enough rambling. awsome mod! xD

Frankly, this program is far too tempermental to be of any use. Even when properly installed, with a system that meets the requirements, the software crashes as often as runs. I can't chose not to endorse this program, as I downloaded off a different site. However, I wouldn't recommend this program to my worst enemy. Unless some serious bugfixes are going to get done, and done WITHOUT upping the system requirements AGAIN, this "mod" is useless.

Frankly, this program is far too tempermental to be of any use. Even when properly installed, with a system that meets the requirements, the software crashes as often as runs. I can't chose not to endorse this program, as I downloaded off a different site. However, I wouldn't recommend this program to my worst enemy. Unless some serious bugfixes are going to get done, and done WITHOUT upping the system requirements AGAIN, this "mod" is useless.

Maybe you could give some details about the problems your having, it's working fine for others so just maybe the problem is your end.

help please, i installed MGE, and after having everysingle issue possible and figuring it out, now, I'm really stuck, when i click the MGEgui.exe it tells me i qoute

"your version of Morrowind is not compatible with MGE. MGE requires a fully patched copy of Bloodmoon (i.e. Morrowind version 1.6.1820)"

now i have installed all the patches, and have the turn on the expansions in the data files. I'm up to date on frameworks/directX 9.0c/Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. video drivers are good as well been working on the issue all night long, and need sleep lol, so if any ideas or suggestion, please help a gamers out