Morrowind Graphics Extender

Guest Plugin Manager

Hmm, is it possible to run morrowind in 16:9?

I've gone through all of the display options in MGE, I've even tried using another configuration to get the resolution working, but it always reverts to what morrowind has in the launcher options. Have any idea what's going wrong?

I've even uninstalled/reinstalled MGE and that did nothing. The strange thing is, when I opened MGE up the second time the widescreen resolution was there. It's like MGE is writing the resolution to the registry correctly, morrowind is just refusing to use it.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS IS AWESOME!

now that i have that out of my system. anyone else have problems with the high detail shadows function? When I try running it, I get npcs with shadows that look like theyve been hacked to bits. As best I can tell, with the exception of my character and npcs wearing full armor it's kinda random on whos shadows it dismembers and whose it renders perfectly. When I turn the function off in mge the shadows go back to the original non-chopped but super blocky appearance. I have better bodies installed, but im not sure if that is the cause of the problems since through a stroke of brilliance I didnt have shadows turned on with default bodies to see how the shadows rendered. However I removed bb from the load order in my datafiles, which sends bodies back to the original models, and they still render all cut up and out of alignment. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. sorry for rambling for so long about one thing.

ive got everything installed...but it does not seem to be working. No text appears saying it is working and i see no visible change. Ive gone through the set up a couple of times now....only thing i can think of is this does not work with the Steam version....any ideas?

Maybe it doesn't work with the steam version. I hve no idea since i have a hard copy. Though steam only seems to get more fickle with every update they make for it. Did you install it to the morrowind folder in your steamfiles? It should be located in C:programfiles/steam/steamapps/common... from there id guess it would be in a file named morrowind. just drop all of mges files in there and run everything as it recomends and it theoretically should work. You may have to set admin controls on both mge and morrowind.

I guess since I havent gotten any bites on my question, ill have to reinstall and see if things are any different.

ive got everything installed...but it does not seem to be working. No text appears saying it is working and i see no visible change. Ive gone through the set up a couple of times now....only thing i can think of is this does not work with the Steam version....any ideas?

MGE and Steam are mentioned here.... http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1066028-how-is-morrowind-goty-on-steam-for-mods/page__st__20__p__15491605#entry15491605

Great mod, makes Morrowind faaaar cuter. 2 questions

1)Is this compatible with texture packs, or the LOD files overwrite these

2) After enabling LOD features, my game lags on cities when NPCs are around. it's strange since it does not when I fight 7-8 NPCs at a time.