Morrowind Graphics Extender

Guest Plugin Manager

The newest version of MGE is really nice. :D However, I have a small problem that is keeping me from staying with it (I reverted back to my previous 3.3.2. version.) In the newest one, for some reason the water textures get all funny. The surface and ripples appear as straight lines, then they reverb into squares, and eventually get gaps in the waves and spazz out. I didn't add any water upgrades or shaders; just want to use the vanilla ones. My computer's settings are compatible with the newest one, BTW, and the problem was only there when I used the said version. When I rolled back, the water acted fine again, but gets all weird if I upgrade. Any idea how to fix this? :\

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The newest version of MGE is really nice. :D However, I have a small problem that is keeping me from staying with it (I reverted back to my previous 3.3.2. version.) In the newest one, for some reason the water textures get all funny. The surface and ripples appear as straight lines, then they reverb into squares, and eventually get gaps in the waves and spazz out. I didn't add any water upgrades or shaders; just want to use the vanilla ones. My computer's settings are compatible with the newest one, BTW, and the problem was only there when I used the said version. When I rolled back, the water acted fine again, but gets all weird if I upgrade. Any idea how to fix this? :\

Try MGE XE here on Nexus, it's still being maintained unlike this version.

• 4 weeks later...

Extracted it right into the \steamapps\common\Morrowind\ folder. Crashes as soon as I launch it. Any ideas?

Assuming you're trying to use MGE and not MGE XE have a read of this. Chances are you're missing the DirectX 9 redistributable (not included in later versions of DirectX).

Extracted it right into the \steamapps\common\Morrowind\ folder. Crashes as soon as I launch it. Any ideas?

Here is a quick guide for MGE and if you switch MGE with MGE-XE then it should work too at least for the required software.

Also keep in mind that you need to launch MGE/MGE-XE via a shortcut and not by double clicking MGEgui/MGEXEgui.exe file, because doing that will add the necessary registry keys into Windows register.

Assuming you're trying to use MGE and not MGE XE have a read of this. Chances are you're missing the DirectX 9 redistributable (not included in later versions of DirectX).

It could be, but I think the Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled which is it must be otherwise MGE/MGE-XE won't work.

<snip>

Also keep in mind that you need to launch MGE/MGE-XE via a shortcut and not by double clicking MGEgui/MGEXEgui.exe file, because doing that will add the necessary registry keys into Windows register.

<snip>

That is, I think, bullshit.

IIRC, and for reasons completely unknown to me, some people found running MGE (XE)'s GUI wouldn't work from a shortcut and others found that it would only work from a shortcut. IDK. Try both.

The registry keys thing is a good point though, just not the shortcut bit, you need to have launched Morrowind and got as far as the main menu (New, Load, Options etc.) for Morrowind to have generated the registry keys which store screen resolution.

I am having two issues with a table nif and another one...

the table is furn_de_table_03.nif

someone suggested using a later morrowind patch, but when I did, i had a lot of crashes when trying to pick up loose gold, potions sitting on table. 3 crashes in 40 minutes. So I rolled back to MGSO's morrowind patch and that stopped

I deleted furn_de_table_03.nif and that seemed to help./

I am having two issues with a table nif and another one...

the table is furn_de_table_03.nif

someone suggested using a later morrowind patch, but when I did, i had a lot of crashes when trying to pick up loose gold, potions sitting on table. 3 crashes in 40 minutes. So I rolled back to MGSO's morrowind patch and that stopped

I deleted furn_de_table_03.nif and that seemed to help./

That's an MGSO problem and nothing to do with MGE / MGE XE. Read the OP of this Bethsoft thread for a fix.

I've noticed that no landmasses added by mods outside the Morrowind main map area (excluding Solstheim) show distant land for me. Statics such as trees, rocks, and buildings show up fine, but the actual land itself fades into view as if I was playing without MGE. I've noticed this with Tamriel Rebuilt and Havish, and have heard it has something to do with those areas being indexed outside the main Morrowind map area. Any ideas how to fix this?

Edited by metroid13