⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Morrowind Graphics Extender

Guest Plugin Manager

In response to post #25320154.

Haetarion wrote: After running the distant land wizard I get an animation error for cliff racers when encountering them that crashes the game. It says that the actor has no animation class and then the game CTD's. This happened a while ago and I can't remember everything and what settings I had but any assistance would be helpful.

I seem to remember that can happen with MGE's AI setting. Have a look around the MGE GUI for some controls for that.

Sorry I can't be more precise.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #25320154. #25320404 is also a reply to the same post.

Haetarion wrote: After running the distant land wizard I get an animation error for cliff racers when encountering them that crashes the game. It says that the actor has no animation class and then the game CTD's. This happened a while ago and I can't remember everything and what settings I had but any assistance would be helpful.
Dragon32 wrote: I seem to remember that can happen with MGE's AI setting. Have a look around the MGE GUI for some controls for that.

It turns out that this happens regardless of having distant land, just having it installed causes this error. I installed it through an installer (not NMM), could that have anything to do with it?

In response to post #25320154. #25320404, #25321424 are all replies on the same post.

Dragon32 wrote: I seem to remember that can happen with MGE's AI setting. Have a look around the MGE GUI for some controls for that.

Haetarion wrote: It turns out that this happens regardless of having distant land, just having it installed causes this error. I installed it through an installer (not NMM), could that have anything to do with it?

Turns out I was using an older version and I updated to the most recent one here, but it didn't fix anything. I can run on max settings without the distant land but I keep getting the same error crashing the game.

In response to post #25320154. #25320404, #25321424, #25321779 are all replies on the same post.

Haetarion wrote: It turns out that this happens regardless of having distant land, just having it installed causes this error. I installed it through an installer (not NMM), could that have anything to do with it?
Haetarion wrote: Turns out I was using an older version and I updated to the most recent one here, but it didn't fix anything. I can run on max settings without the distant land but I keep getting the same error crashing the game.

"Through an installer", so is that Morrowind Sound & Graphics Overhaul? If so you're running MGE XE not MGE.

Best place for help is Bethsoft: Shelter from Magnus' Blaze 17 (MGE XE)

In response to post #25320154. #25320404, #25321424, #25321779, #25322094 are all replies on the same post.

Haetarion wrote: Turns out I was using an older version and I updated to the most recent one here, but it didn't fix anything. I can run on max settings without the distant land but I keep getting the same error crashing the game.
Dragon32 wrote: "Through an installer", so is that Morrowind Sound & Graphics Overhaul? If so you're running MGE XE not MGE.

Best place for help is Bethsoft: Shelter from Magnus' Blaze 17 (MGE XE)

No, I was using the version that came with the installer under the files tab here on the nexus which is an older version. But I think I have found the issue. It seems to happen when I change max and minimum view distance under the misc tab when you click "keep FPS constant" button. Other than that I can't get the distant land to work either. I go through the wizard and do all of the options, but in-game it doesn't have any affect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
In response to post #25577504.

Tigersong wrote: The Morrowind Graphics Extender doesn't have screenshots? That's weird.

Click on "Images" tab, then look to the right-hand side of the big colored bar labeled "Images" and click on the tab that says "from users" --> and profit.

and... you're welcome. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest deleted21465879

If I try to run MGEgui.exe, it just crashes right away ("MGEgui has stopped working." It's destcription is just "stopped working".). :/

I have DX9c and VC 2005 Redistributable (x86), the files are in Program files > steam > steamapps > common >morrowind folder. I also have also disabled steam overlay for morrowind.

I am unable to launch morrowind after I added the files. (It just wont launch. It dosen't show any message or anything.)

I'm using Windows 7 32-bit and I have a steam version of the game.

Mod version is 3.8.0 manual. Is that wrong version?

Plz halp. :(