Morrowind Graphics Extender

Guest Plugin Manager

Hello, new player here.

I was super excited to try and load some mods to my computer so I started with this one. I'll tell the exact steps I did. I played Morrowind for a bit, but then closed the game. I searched up nexus and made an account and immediately tried to download this mod. I clicked on the nexus mod manager link and attempted to install about three times with no results at all. After that, I tried loading up Morrowind only to find that it no longer starts. I just get a black minimized window and the game just stays frozen. I have no idea how to fix this, as I am very new to pc gaming and I was wondering if anybody could help me get the game running again. Any help is greatly appreciated!

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Hello, new player here.

I was super excited to try and load some mods to my computer so I started with this one. I'll tell the exact steps I did. I played Morrowind for a bit, but then closed the game. I searched up nexus and made an account and immediately tried to download this mod. I clicked on the nexus mod manager link and attempted to install about three times with no results at all. After that, I tried loading up Morrowind only to find that it no longer starts. I just get a black minimized window and the game just stays frozen. I have no idea how to fix this, as I am very new to pc gaming and I was wondering if anybody could help me get the game running again. Any help is greatly appreciated!

You're doing all wrong, instead what you need to do is to follow a quick guide I posted here. Also, check another guide about how to make Morrowind less buggy. :smile:

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

i used this mod for a few days and i fnft have any problem, but today suddenly the application MGEgui in the game directory simply doesnt work, it doesnt start and the mod is useless in this way. I tried to reinstall it, got the same problem. 

What should i do? Can you help me? Thx

In response to post #87140153.

Despyre wrote: Hello,
i used this mod for a few days and i fnft have any problem, but today suddenly the application MGEgui in the game directory simply doesnt work, it doesnt start and the mod is useless in this way. I tried to reinstall it, got the same problem. 
What should i do? Can you help me? Thx

It's ok, i resolved by installing MGE-XE, i just hope that i will never have the same proble, great work btw!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I installed MGE 3.8 and got it to work .. kind of. The resolution change, water reflections and shaders work fine, but the increased render distance doesnt work at all. anyone know any fixes?

MGE 3.8?

You mean either MGE 3.8.0 or MGE 3.8.2. Because it's important for us to know what version you are using.

MGE 3.8.0 has an older MWSE and are not compatible with mods that has scripts compiled with the latest MWSE

MGE 3.8.2 has the latest MWSE and is in some cases also compatible with older mods that has scripts compiled with older MWSE

I could be wrong so take it with a grain of salt.

So, what MGE version are you using, 3.8.0 or 3.8.2?

• 1 month later...
any tips on properly configuring this. i have a gtx 1060 and intel i7 3.0 HZ. but for whatever reason this mod drops the fps to sub 20s. im assuming i have a more then adequate graphical setup to hit at least 60 fps and i just haven't set it up correctly. any options you recommend choosing that improves the graphics but doesn't fry the fps lol?

In response to post #89391133.

rocket1235 wrote: any tips on properly configuring this. i have a gtx 1060 and intel i7 3.0 HZ. but for whatever reason this mod drops the fps to sub 20s. im assuming i have a more then adequate graphical setup to hit at least 60 fps and i just haven't set it up correctly. any options you recommend choosing that improves the graphics but doesn't fry the fps lol?

Go get MGE XE. It's a much more up to date and optimized version.