Fallout: New Vegas uses STEAM, but why...?

Stryfe23

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used STEAM for a few games, and I absolutely hate it. I don't like having to go through someone else just to play a game. If I buy the game, I play it on my terms, and they do all sorts of things on STEAM to keep players from cheating, which is actually a very broad definition that could include modding. I like FA3, but I'm not buying New Vegas if I gotta use STEAM.

I am pretty sure there is gonna be a crack for the game that will let you play it when you are not on STEAM, ill wait till that comes out before I buy the game. I say F*** STEAM.

Did I say everyone? no.

I was refering to those that do.

FYI...

Your point being?

People have problems without Steam too.

And is anyone forgetting about people that are having problem with FOSE and modding in general because of steam?

I haven't had a Problem with FOSE and using the GECK with the Steam Version of Fallout 3. It's working just fine for me.

Just out of curiousity -- can you launch Fallout 3 without Steam running? Can you quite simply pop open windows explorer (or your favorite other file manager, like Q-Dir ;)) and go double-click Fallout3.exe (or fomm, or fose_loader.exe) to launch?

@evilneko

It's only the FalloutLauncher.exe that prompts Steam, not like I'd use the Fallout Launcher anyway now.

Everything else though works perfectly without having Steam opened.

@evilneko

It's only the FalloutLauncher.exe that prompts Steam, not like I'd use the Fallout Launcher anyway now.

Everything else though works perfectly without having Steam opened.

Woot?! there's a small chance I could actually play NV? maybe I'll keep an eye the situation & decide if I want to get it after the new year.

Some people have problems with Steam, that's a granted. I've never had any, so I have to say I'm pretty happy New Vegas comes to Steam. Now making it exclusively for Steam might not be the wisest option, since as people have mentioned, some don't have the download speeds to fully take advantage of the system.

For me, Steam has revolutionized gaming. After I got Steam, I started buying games. Alot of games. And the reason for that is just the working distribution system that allows you to take your games with you on any computer. If only all the game developers understood that :<.

BTW, when is New Vegas Nexus opening? I already prepurchased the game so my hands are twitching for some New Vegas community :).