Problems with youth today...

billypnats

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the problem is that people are having kids for the sake of being able to get a big fat welfare check every week and to avoid going to work because these adults want to continue going to the pub all day every day. You often see it, little toddlers in rags wearing no shoes and tangled matted hair sitting outside the pub while their parents boooze it up inside.

These kids grow up to be the type that never attend school and do drugs and hurt animals just for something to do. They literally paint the town with their spraypaints and come home in a open all hours type house. They have no future because they were not raised they were buttering their own bread and looking after themselves as soon as they started walking.

They will go on to become breeders themselves and the cycle continues.

I hear that Dunmer,

I also utterly resent the fact that so much is now done because of fashion. ARE THESE WORTHLESS SCUM SUCH FOLLOWERS THAT THEY CANNOT THINK FOR THEMSELVES?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!

Women having children young because it's fashionable, and having no concept that those children are forever. A child is the foundation from which can grow human being, the most precious thing in this benighted universe, to treat them as pets goes beyond criminal.

Buying a car is an act of fashion, long gone are thoughts of safety and performance, people buy them because of the badge on the hood!. Safety is such little a concern now that the scum simply assume others will clear a path for them! I was nearly run over yesterday by a woman in a BMW Z-8 supercar, this is a racebred sports vehicle, infamous for it's unpredictable handling that makes it easy to crash. But the stupid worthless tart behind the wheel was doing her thrakken mascara with one hand and brushing her hair with the other, steering with her elbows! in a car legendary for it's unpredictablility!.

People smoke, they take drugs, commit crimes, SIMPLY BECAUE FASHION TELLS THEM TO! It goes beyond pathetic.

I knew a girl who had been raped. Why had she been raped? because the man who did it was told that he wouldnt be allowed to join his brother's gang without "proving he was a man". All of the filthy human decay we have brought upon ourselves, the lack of willpower and the fact that this entire worthless generation seems only to be able to follow, will be the doom of us all.

Well....

People have been doing that last bit of *manure* for millennium.

Rape did NOT just start happening.

It's just new excuses for the same stupidity.

And I don't think women should be putting on makeup and driving at the same time in any case.

Should be illegal, like texting and driving.

I think we have gotten to the point now where we can do something about our own stupidity

Maybe they should start giving classes on thinking.

Because a lot of people don't know how.

Hasn't every generation said this about the one that followed it?

And what are these "traditional values" anyway?

I think in large part, kids of the 80's, 90's, and oughts are seen as "worse" because of the explosion of media channels that's happened over the last couple decades or so. It's not really that they're worse, it's that they're more visible.

Couldn't have said it any better myself..

I hear that Dunmer,

I also utterly resent the fact that so much is now done because of fashion. ARE THESE WORTHLESS SCUM SUCH FOLLOWERS THAT THEY CANNOT THINK FOR THEMSELVES?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!

Women having children young because it's fashionable, and having no concept that those children are forever. A child is the foundation from which can grow human being, the most precious thing in this benighted universe, to treat them as pets goes beyond criminal.

Buying a car is an act of fashion, long gone are thoughts of safety and performance, people buy them because of the badge on the hood!. Safety is such little a concern now that the scum simply assume others will clear a path for them! I was nearly run over yesterday by a woman in a BMW Z-8 supercar, this is a racebred sports vehicle, infamous for it's unpredictable handling that makes it easy to crash. But the stupid worthless tart behind the wheel was doing her thrakken mascara with one hand and brushing her hair with the other, steering with her elbows! in a car legendary for it's unpredictablility!.

People smoke, they take drugs, commit crimes, SIMPLY BECAUE FASHION TELLS THEM TO! It goes beyond pathetic.

A thread full of adults calling our/my generation degenerate. Debates can become so cold sometimes. I just got off of my job, and I've finally finished my 30+ hours of study for my nursing program in college this week, so I will put my two cents into this debate.

Before I begin my counter-argument, I have to ask a few questions. Since when is having children at young ages considered fashionable to our generation? I believe a more proper way of saying that in a way that is less demeaning to our generation, grandpa/grandma, is sexual intercourse out of wedlock and (in most cases, although its popularity is debatable) unprotected. Having children young are not what we 16-21 year old children want. I'm very serious. You see.... having sex at age 16-18 is fashionable in not only the United States, but around the world. It has also been around for more than our generation. Teens and young adults had intercourse in the 40's when the age of rock descended upon great Britain. Maybe even popular before the 40's, possibly it happened with teenage cavemen :laugh: . Placing this on our generation is very.... rude?

I did not know any girl in my high school that WANTS or WANTED to get pregnant, and I don't know anyone other than people in their 30+'s at my college that want children. I also don't know anyone who treats their child as pets, it goes against the instinctive nature of women to do such things. Debatable, but I will post links to several psychological research studies that support that statement.

Buying a car has never been an act of safety, lol. The United States didn't make seat belts required till the 80's, and even when the model T hit the market, it was about status more than safety. Heh, putting the blame on us for poor driving habit is rude too. Now don't get me wrong, there are young people who act as fools on the road, but can you place that on our generation? I've seen people in their 60s drive like total ****s just as much as 18 year olds with their shiny new permit.

Drugs and smoking were 'fashionable' in the 1700s-1980's, but now they are portrayed as a tool of satan. Government anti-drug and smoking campaigns in the school have done an excellent job of reducing drug usage in schools. It wasn't our generation that targeted ourselves for smoking in heavy ad campaigns (I don't know of any 18 year old CEOs of Camel Cigarettes.... but tell me if there are). Marlboro brainwashed your generation first with those aggressive ads too.

In summary, it isn't fashionable until the media (Owned by people of greater age, mind you) push it into our heads with billboards, movies, and other advertisement.

Also, not all kids live in the hood..... but..... sadly this thread makes it 'appear' that the 'HOOD' has come to represent my generation, and I am not pleased.....

- - - - - -

IF by any chance you were not solely aiming at the new generation, Vindekarr, then the above counter-argument becomes invalid.

If that is the case, what you have stated is true of all generations alive today in some extent. Of course, this is a thread about kids these days, so my confusion is well placed. 8)

All of the filthy human decay we have brought upon ourselves, the lack of willpower and the fact that this entire worthless generation seems only to be able to follow, will be the doom of us all.

Wow, is it that bad in Australia, Vin, or do you speak for the entire world? At least hear in good ol´ DK I think our youth is above average, so I think we´ll cope.

Balagor, it's bad everywhere. Australia has the same problems that most western nations, it's not as bad as Vin buts it. This always happens and people always talk about this about every generation, it's just older people trying to snip at the young. It happened in the 60's, it happened in the 80's and it still happens today. Same old thing just regurgitate because of change and our fear for it.

Well I'm not sure about you guys.

But my countries youth is a mess. (UK)

But it's not just my country, it's most countries in the world!

Everyday I see young girls pregnant when they have not even finished school,

afterward they just cash in for it and carry on having more children with different guys.

It's like they don't care about a true relationship anymore and just sex without contraception.

A girl I used to go school with is expecting her forth child, to a forth different father and shes currently with a FIFTH GUY! (Shes only 18 and had to leave school in year 8 because of becoming pregnant) (PS. not sure what grade that is for you US people, but she was about 12 or 13 at the time if that helps)

But she is not just one exception.

Theyre all over the place, they slap more makeup on than a professional model.

And go to clubs when they are like 12-15 (It's illegal but they actually do get in half the time!)

They get drunk beyond belief.

But it's not just the female youth.

The males are even worse.

All they want to do today is get money from the government

remain unemployed

go to a gym and get a sixpack just for getting different girls

and they cheat like crazy on their current spouse.

They listen to music that you wouldn't even class as music as well as rap.

They drive around in cheap cars that they've "Modified" to try and look cool but it looks so bad.

They walk around in tracksuits

live off drugs and beer

And start on anyone for being any different than themselves.

I myself have been attacked by these type of people all my life for being different. Everyone has.

But no one gets it worse than the elderly.

The youth of today over here find it "fun" to attack and offend defenceless elderly people.

Once I saw an old guy fight back but 5 youths just beat him down

It was outrageous and I went to help him out and managed to make them run away when others came to join me.

But I find it horrible!

They act all "Hard" when in a group and find it "fun" and "cool" to attack people when its 5 of them on just one guy.

I've been jumped many of times by these groups

People are just not safe anymore.

I'm not saying it's like this EVERYWHERE and that EVERY single youth is bad because I'm one of them and I know there are loads of young people like me who are decent, caring and calm people.

But it just sickens me that the youth today are so disrespectful.

I don't know who to blame.

The parents aren't to blame (Although some are)

They are not allowed to discipline and most are too scared to.

Social services take children away even if a parent sends a child to bed without dinner.

You can't even tap children on the hand anymore because it is classed as "abuse"

I know some have taken it to the extreme but how many adults would do what today's youth did back in their day?

They wouldn't!

They knew better!

Children don't want to learn in schools anymore, theyre too busy getting drunk, laid and bunking off to play games.

They lack motivation.

I came out alright with top of the scores GCSE's and got into college and on the way into uni, but that's because I WANTED to get where I am.

I WANTED to do well.

Most of the rest of my class and yeargroup came out terrible and since then every yeargroup has just been getting worse and worse.

I see children as young as 11 smoking on street corners, asking adults to go shop to get them beer.

It's horrible, it really is.

Personally I think the youth is beyond help. But we will always try in our way to teach OUR children better.

I would NEVER let my children (when I have one, or two, or three, or fifty?!) get like that.

I will make sure they get into a proper school and make sure they know the decent virtues of life.

Theres more to life than sex and beer, although they are both enjoyable but we decent people know when enough is enough and not go too far into it.

Sorry, this subject has affected me a lot, I think I'm going to go downstairs for a cold drink.

Disclaimer:

I did NOT post this to offend any individuals or any select group of people.

Just posting literally what I see on a daily basis and also past experiences with my fellow youth.

I have family that are just like the youth I have talked about, it's upsetting for me and the rest of my family.

What I have described is not an over exaggeration.

Look up many television programmes and news reports on the youth of my country.

You will see it is out of control and even the police are finding it more and more impossible to control.

@ KD

I have to respectfully disagree with you on a point. You say parents aren't at fault as they aren't allowed to discipline or are afraid to do so. I am a parent and I haven't ever had to beat the crap out of my kid to get her to behave. In fact I can count on one hand the times (and she is almost 13) that I have swatted her behind. I think parents MUST take responsibility for their children's actions. I have seen many comments in this debate and am interested in how many of us are parents.

It isn't easy but it can and should be done. Yes children will misbehave but if they have been raised to know that there are consequences to their actions, that they must take responsibility for what they do and that certain behavior is unacceptable a child will, by in large learn. No you are not able to keep them in a bubble outside all bad influence, but paying attention to your child, knowing their friends, their parents and having open dialogue with your child does a great deal to help keep them on track. Simply punishing them is not enough.

Yes there will always be people who are "bad" and at some point parents are beyond that. I see so many parents threatening punishment to their children and not following through. Parents not teaching their children accountability or accepting accountability themselves, Monkey see Monkey do after all. My daughter isn't perfect and I am not the perfect parent, but I will NEVER blame others for my child's behavior. I will never allow my child to get out of trouble.

I said this in an earlier post...I am and plan to be in my child's business while letting them grow and learn by their mistakes (no..OMG I didn't know they were building bombs in the basement), but I am NOT my child's best friend which many parents seem to try to be. I am her MOTHER and the most responsible person for her well-being and for her moral guidance.